Royal Water (1997)

Royal Water information

Year of Launch1997

HouseCreed

About Royal Water

Royal Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1997

Royal Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Royal Water

The citrus is upfront with nice peppermint but pretty quickly a berry note takes over and the basil keeps it from being too sweet. As the musk enters the picture the scent improves.

The choices are between this one, Millesime Imperial, Acqua di Parma, Eau de Guerlain, and Eau Sauvage. You're fine with either one. I chose Eau de Guerlain.
23rd November, 2014
Genre: Citrus

For some reason the name has me thinking of Windsor family urine samples, but that’s not quite fair to this perfectly pleasant, if undistinguished, herbaceous eau de Cologne-style fragrance. The lemony opening steers just clear of furniture polish, thanks to hints of basil and rosemary, then drives off into the sunset, leaving in its wake an attenuated version of the typical Creed “millésime” drydown. This sort of thing is done far better – and at much less expense – in scents like Monsieur Balmain or Annick Goutal’s Eau du Sud, so I wouldn’t waste my money on this.
01st July, 2014
This fragrance is not that old and it has been made in late 90's but it has more a classic vibe with only modern twist.
The opening is a fresh and clean musky scent that is nice and pleasant.
I can smell a fresh minty scent plus some neroli with it's citrusy and kind of soapy aroma while there is a strong yet smooth musky scent right beside it. I can also smell a transparent floral notes that I can't point at the name, but it's there and I can feel it in every step from the opening to the end.
The quality of the notes is OK but it's a little lower from Creed's usual standards in my opinion.
In the mid the minty feeling of the scent goes away and those fresh citrusy notes settle down. now I can smell a creamy, buttery, kind of metallic sweet smell with soft animalic vibe and a smooth yet easily detectable smoky woody (maybe smooth leathery) aroma beside these notes.
The mid is kind of strange and not that great in my opinion! it's not completely classic but it's not modern either. the scent wonders between these two genres.
The base is a soft semi sweet musky scent with smooth fresh feeling in the background.
It's a good scent but not overally well done.
Projection is above average and longevity is around 5-6 hours on my skin.
13th June, 2014
I am in love wit this. Sure it is one dimensional, but it is a dimension I want to be in. Soft lemony but boostable with the likes of Azzaro PH and Gaultier's Le Male.
15th February, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
A very obnoxious lemon infused frag..
Longevity and projection are above average for this type of scent but I don't enjoy it.
Very one dimensional and lame..
One of the worst Creed's along with Tabarome
20th January, 2014
Picked up a sample of this from a fragrance counter after smelling a freshly sprayed card. The top was striking and different, an aquatic take on aromatics with some citrus - caught my attention. Wearing it the next day, it morphed into a soggy washed out mess on my skin in the first 30 minutes. Made me imagine Oliver Creed as a Mean Girl, and "Royal Water" as his olfactory entry in the Burn Book under a picture of Kate Middleton.
21st November, 2013