Royal Water (1997)

Year of Launch1997

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Royal Water

Royal Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1997

Royal Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Royal Water

Citrus then peppermint. I really enjoy it. It smells clean, slightly powdery and like an old woman according to my wife. I don't happen to agree with her on that last part. I like Royal Water and enjoy wearing it. A little goes a long way though, so over spraying is a bad idea with this fragrance. It gets a bit cloying if you apply too much, so spray lightly and enjoy! I apply at the wrists and it's plenty strong enough to enjoy throughout the day. If applied to face and neck, it gets a bit overpowering to me, so the wrists are perfect for this one in my opinion.
18th August, 2016
I have used this fragrance for over 2 months now most days.

Wonderful scent that I keep sniffing all day. Perfect summer scent. 'Soft' Lemon scent with no harsh/sharpness/acidity to the citrus notes and a 'hint of mint' in the back round. There is an initial harsh top note upon spraying for about 50 minutes, then afterwards it's heavenly. So apply at least 50 minutes before intending to be around others. On clothing this harshness can be prolonged, so it's not recommended to spray but the slightest 'mist' on clothing. My recommendation is to keep the bulk of any wet spray on the skin only.

Scent transition/layers - This fragrance remains the same as the initial scent impression for the duration of it's scent life of the spray. I detected no difference in overall character or dryoff of any components.

Longevity is great on my skin. 4 hours minimum with as much as 7 hours depending on humidity levels. Longevity will depending on skin oil.

Projection is good even in a dry desert climate. On humid days or in high humidity climates, this might seem very strong and only require small amounts to get the job done.

This is perfectly unisex and anyone can wear it. I've heard reviews that say this is for an older crowd, but IMO, this should be a 'young' summer fragrance. It reminds me of youthful vibrance and summer sun. I feel energized when I smell it and it's such great aroma therapy. I really think this should be for all ages and sexes. It just smells wonderful.

Current grooming products used with this fragrance (I spent a great deal of time and product purchase/evaluation to find great collusion with this fragrance):

-Paul Mitchell Tea Tree "Lemon Sage" shampoo
-Shea Terra Organics "Lemongrass" African Black Soap bodywash
OR
-Alaffia "Lemongrass Citrus" African Black Soap bar
-Mama Bear Shave Soap - "Bounty" (Royal Water scent)
-Country Club For Men Aftershave - "1837" (Royal Water scent. They no longer offer it on their website, but if you "contact" them through the website and ask to purchase multiple bottles, the guy will make you some.)
-Organic Essence Lemon Tea Tree Mint Deodorant stick (AMAZING with this fragrance as every so often you get a little mint scent from this and it just smells divine with Royal Water fragrance. Can be bought on Amazon.)

After trying many 'random' lemon scented products, I seemingly accidentally found that African Black Soap has some kind of oil or property that helps Royal Water smell better and stay longer on the skin. I'm not sure why, but it seems like a matter of skin oil. I'm tempted to test black soap with other fragrances and find out if I'm on to something.

After the scent starts to fade, I use a gold Travelo Excel Fragrance Atomizer that I keep in my pocket for when I need to recharge my fragrance.
12th July, 2016 (last edited: 13th July, 2016)
Future Jason:

This smells like a Creed intern was tasked with replicating AdP during a job interview. They turned up the volume on the citrus via cleaning products and floor varnish.

Some interesting things appear after it wears awhile--maybe it's... mint? A more interesting green melange, anyway.

But still smells like something you'd smell in a freshly cleaned hallway. Maybe the Creed intern had been promoted from the third shift janitorial crew. And did a better job that I would have, probably.

Good job, Creed intern!
26th February, 2016
Wow. Just when I thought that I could respect every Creed perfume out there, they go and thoroughly disappoint me with this. It frustrates me that one of the longest lasting and best sillage perfumes that they make smells so bad. I can't stand how these notes work together. I detest the mint and basil, which should work amazingly together. VERY strong ambergris base that, in my opinion, doesn't work well with the heart notes at all. On paper, these notes should work together. In practice, they don't.
03rd February, 2016
This is second only to Aventus as far as the House of Creed goes. I love it. For some reason it reminds me of Gin over ice with a lemon wedge. Extremely refreshing scent in my opinion. Puts me in a good mood when I spray it on in the morning. It sort of is a "back in the dy" scent but, what's wrong with that? That's called "Classic" where I come from.
07th October, 2015
The citrus is upfront with nice peppermint but pretty quickly a berry note takes over and the basil keeps it from being too sweet. As the musk enters the picture the scent improves.

The choices are between this one, Millesime Imperial, Acqua di Parma, Eau de Guerlain, and Eau Sauvage. You're fine with either one. I chose Eau de Guerlain.
23rd November, 2014