Rush for Men (2000)

HouseGucci
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
Parent Company at launchWella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Rush for Men

The male counterpart to last years Gucci Rush for Women. The bottle doesn't look like a bottle, more like a cassette box. The fragrance is woody and has incense and musk notes.

Rush for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Rush for Men

One of the more vaunted discontinued Gucci Fragrances (like Pour Homme and Envy), Rush for Men has a strong reputation and seemingly special place in the hearts of many male fragrance enthusiasts, so I decided to sample it for the first time by ordering a few sample vials off eBay.

The scent is itself is not at all disappointing, a fresh/spicy/woody mix of lavender, cypress, sandalwood, cedar, and musk, mainly. Several descriptors come to mind: versatile, year-round, masculine.

Performance is a bit more limited than I'd hoped for, being pretty modest on project, albeit with decent longevity.

Certainly Rush for Men is a fragrance I'd have in my collection if it were much cheaper (I imagine it was modestly priced on FragranceNet not so long ago)

8 out of 10
17th April, 2017
BoxPred Show all reviews
This was the first designer fragrance I purchased for myself at the turn of the century and I loved it. I remember incense being the dominant note and the reason for my admiration. Unfortunately I also remember a shockingly poor sillage rivalled only by the likes of Davidoff Adventure. So for me a great smell but terrible performance. My current day replacement is Bvlgari Man in Black.
04th March, 2016
RUSH was first love. Perfect in any way!!!!
Beautiful creamy spicy sandalwood
Sad to say that my first impression of Rush was
Full day-lasting and huge projection.
I am about to finish my Rush and I can say that its performances today are less than 15-20% of what they used to be when I bought it.

I belive that RUSH has a very short shelf life.

Such a shame for such wonderful scent

I have been on a long long hunt for it's replacement
01st June, 2015
what's the fuss/hype all about? Wasn't discontinued, would it have its cult status, yet? don't think so.. just a skin scent...lame, lame..shame!
the bottle is simply ludicrous!
26th September, 2014
Genre: Woods

Too bad this has nothing whatsoever to do with the original Rush, which, with some creative tweaking, might have had some potential as a masculine scent. (All those bitter green notes, you know.) Instead Rush for Men is a flimsy, dry, and two dimensional accord of frankincense and pencil shavings that can’t hold a candle to the austere incense compositions of Marc Buxton or Bertrand Duchaufour. With such a slender structure there’s really no potential for development, and Rush for Men goes nowhere in a hurry. The drydown is just an attenuated extension of the artificial smelling pencil shavings with some laundry detergent musk behind it. Too dull to bother with, if you ask me.
01st July, 2014
Aromatic, sophisticated, soft, slightly creamy woods (cedar, sandalwood, to me also a drip of vetiverol) blend with an airy note of incense, then resins, pepper, cumin, white musks, patchouli, lavender and to me, also violet. In its middle stages, just before the drydown, it comes slightly close for a while to some late-'80s "young" fougères like Versace l'Homme, it may be me but I smell a sort of similar earthy-mossy-floral accord, although here cedar and Iso E make Rush far more "contemporary", linear and simple. So far it's nothing really new, but on the drydown it reveals a more interesting personality, as it tones down to a peculiar sort of "aqueous" accord, a sweet and slightly milky-woody blend of the same initial woody notes just drowned in a sort of dreamy, lactescent ambiance - I guess due to the end phases of white musks and floral notes (as I said to me there's also some violet). Quite a fascinating evolution. Nonetheless, this does not make Rush for Men the "masterpiece" its hype wants it to be. It's refined, pleasant, versatile, modern, well made, clean, but not worth the fame.

6,5/10
29th June, 2014

Add your review of Rush for Men

Shop for Rush for Men products online

Search Amazon for Rush for Men

Member images of Rush for Men

There are no member images of Rush for Men yet. Why not be the first?