Rush for Men (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseGucci
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Rush for Men

The male counterpart to last years Gucci Rush for Women. The bottle doesn't look like a bottle, more like a cassette box. The fragrance is woody and has incense and musk notes.

Rush for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Rush for Men

RUSH was first love. Perfect in any way!!!!
Beautiful creamy spicy sandalwood
Sad to say that my first impression of Rush was
Full day-lasting and huge projection.
I am about to finish my Rush and I can say that its performances today are less than 15-20% of what they used to be when I bought it.

I belive that RUSH has a very short shelf life.

Such a shame for such wonderful scent

I have been on a long long hunt for it's replacement
01st June, 2015
what's the fuss/hype all about? Wasn't discontinued, would it have its cult status, yet? don't think so.. just a skin scent...lame, lame..shame!
the bottle is simply ludicrous!
26th September, 2014
Genre: Woods

Too bad this has nothing whatsoever to do with the original Rush, which, with some creative tweaking, might have had some potential as a masculine scent. (All those bitter green notes, you know.) Instead Rush for Men is a flimsy, dry, and two dimensional accord of frankincense and pencil shavings that can’t hold a candle to the austere incense compositions of Marc Buxton or Bertrand Duchaufour. With such a slender structure there’s really no potential for development, and Rush for Men goes nowhere in a hurry. The drydown is just an attenuated extension of the artificial smelling pencil shavings with some laundry detergent musk behind it. Too dull to bother with, if you ask me.
01st July, 2014
Aromatic, sophisticated, soft, slightly creamy woods (cedar, sandalwood, to me also a drip of vetiverol) blend with an airy note of incense, then resins, pepper, cumin, white musks, patchouli, lavender and to me, also violet. In its middle stages, just before the drydown, it comes slightly close for a while to some late-'80s "young" fougères like Versace l'Homme, it may be me but I smell a sort of similar earthy-mossy-floral accord, although here cedar and Iso E make Rush far more "contemporary", linear and simple. So far it's nothing really new, but on the drydown it reveals a more interesting personality, as it tones down to a peculiar sort of "aqueous" accord, a sweet and slightly milky-woody blend of the same initial woody notes just drowned in a sort of dreamy, lactescent ambiance - I guess due to the end phases of white musks and floral notes (as I said to me there's also some violet). Quite a fascinating evolution. Nonetheless, this does not make Rush for Men the "masterpiece" its hype wants it to be. It's refined, pleasant, versatile, modern, well made, clean, but not worth the fame.

6,5/10
29th June, 2014
I got really lucky and found a big full bottle at a thrift store for almost nothing. Now I understand why the loss of this fragrance is lamented by so many. It is actually one of the most appealing men's fragrances I have ever smelled!

It is sweet, but not cloying, soft but not quiet. Although often described as an incense fragrance, I thought it mostly reminded me of the smell of freshly split Oak wood, not Cedar or another kind of conifer. All these smells are very closely related, of course, but Oak was my first and lasting impression.

Some say the smell of Oak has vanilla in it, and maybe that’s the difference... but I’d guess that most folks who like Azarro Visit, Quorum Silver and other woody, incense fragrances would find Rush for Men appealing.

Visit is one of my every day standards, and I like it very much. But in the end, Rush for Men is very much a fragrance after its own style, and I am so glad I found it!

31st October, 2013
Bring Back the Rush!

The wonderful Gucci Rush for men was such a find for me at the local Maxx but it's been a good six years since I picked it up. Now, down to the last 20 sprays or so, I cling to it with a passion.

Why in the world Gucci would discontinue this fantastic fragrance is beyond me. Those of us hunting for a truly different scent, evocative of the woods, a campfire, a cool November morning, long for aromas such as Rush. Perhaps it didn't sell well enough. Perhaps too many trashed it as smelling like a hamster cage. Regardless, meanies on a certain resale web site are charging incredible amounts for a bottle, when you can find it on there.

Shiseido's Feminite du Bois has to fill in for the time being and even that is now discontinued. Tsk tsk.

Pros: Cedar but not hamster cage
Cons: Discontinued"

13th August, 2013

Add your review of Rush for Men

Shop for Rush for Men products online

Search Amazon for Rush for Men

Member images of Rush for Men

There are no member images of Rush for Men yet. Why not be the first?