Rykiel Homme (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseSonia Rykiel
Parent CompanySelective Beauty > Selective Beauty Luxury division

About Rykiel Homme

Rykiel Homme is a masculine fragrance by Sonia Rykiel. The scent was launched in 1999

Rykiel Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Rykiel Homme

Rykiel Homme is a little known fragrance in the fragrance community however has a small following that swears by this fragrance.

Nose behind this is Jean Marie Santantoni. This will be my first review of a Jean Marie scent which intrigues me since his resume is pretty bare in the men’s game.

The idea behind Rykiel Homme (EDP) is a green scent that has a huge backbone of Styrax.

Upon smelling Rykiel Homme you are met with a very fresh and invigorating opening of greens and some excellent citruses mainly the Yuzu. The greens including the violets truly make this opening a solid one. You are met with some sweetness and a hint of spice to put everything together.

The drydown shows you much more depth including some of the opening notes that continue to push (mainly violets) with jasmine to continue the sweetness. The styrax is the star of the show imo which without it Rykiel Homme would be losing most of it’s appeal. The styrax which was mentioned in other reviews mentioned the incense like accord however I never smelt a smokey tinge at all in this scent, the styrax however gave me a spicy resinous appeal like tolu balsam, it gave me an idea between clove and labdanum.

Overall, Rykiel Homme is a solid release. I don’t think it will be heavily missed in the fragrance community (discontinued). It was truly a very pleasant surprise from a little known house.

Rykiel homme reminded me of Hugo by Hugo Boss (mint and greens), it’s best for Daytime and casual wear and I loved wearing it during the spring (because of the greens), fall and summer nights. It is work appropriate since it’s never pushed much on my skin, signature scent worthy yes but now being harder to find I’d pass on it.

Projection: 4
Longevity: 5 (4-6 hours)
Compliment Factor: 3 (Luke warm reception)
Uniqueness: 5
Pricing VS what you get: 3 (time of writing this it was 70-120 USD)
Versatility: 6 (above average)
Smell: 6
Overall: 5

Buy Try or Pass: Pass (not worth to search it out)
25th September, 2016
This is a review for the EdP. The combination of notes in Rykiel Homme and the blending are outstanding. The yuzu and mint are there in the opening combined with the berry. The opening reminds me of those multi colored dinner mints. What I get next is that big jasmine note that is like the line drawn in the sand and really the dominant note. On the other side of the line you have the nutmeg and spices giving it a really nice comfortable and outstanding dry down. I'll be honest and say I'm not a fan of this until about the 20 minute mark when everything seems to meld together. Once it does though it really exudes class and uniqueness. This is a good one and very under rated.
21st June, 2014
Green Gem

With a bottle like a tee shirt, I thought "a casual vibe."

And yes it is, but really there is more to it inside.

The sweetness of the berry—the citrus kept it checked,

And the dry, green notes determined that I give this Homme respect.

At play, at work, at banquet—this one will smell good on ya,

More people should discover it, and so I thank you, Sonia.

30th May, 2013
Light and clean mint with a touch of amber and cinnamon. Not cloying at all. A nice gym scent. Projection and longevity is average and won't offend others around you.

Definitely one to try.
25th January, 2013
What a pleasant surprise. I have the 125ml bottle of the EDP and I'm very happy.

It's hard to detect the individual notes described above, as it seems so well blended. To my nose I can smell a definite minty floral accord, but not a strong mint. It almost smells like the mint is an afterthought.

I imagine that this could be worn just as easily with a suit and tie, as it could very casually with jeans and a jumper.

This smells so much more expensive that it actually is. Totally underrated!
08th August, 2011
elegant, soft and crisp one of my all time favourites.. not present in a disturbing level but stands right for my skin.
16th June, 2011

Add your review of Rykiel Homme

Shop for Rykiel Homme products online

Shop for Rykiel Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rykiel Homme

Member images of Rykiel Homme

There are no member images of Rykiel Homme yet. Why not be the first?