Salvador Dali pour Homme (1987)
by Salvador Dali

Salvador Dali pour Homme information

Year of Launch1987

HouseSalvador Dali
PerfumerThierry Wasser
SupplierGivaudan

About Salvador Dali pour Homme

Salvador Dali pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Salvador Dali. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Salvador Dali pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Salvador Dali pour Homme

I find the drydown excessively cloying... I can't with it, need a special day to wear it. If this were more on the bitter side, i would give it 9/10 stars. But cause of the sweetness, i give it 7,5. If you are a perfumista, is a must!
26th March, 2015
Why does the devil get all the good fragrances? Yes, it's true - SDph smells evil. If incense was commandeered by the Christian church, then SDph is official fragrance of the church of the dark side. It's evil, it's strong and packs a punch. The breathe and creativity of reviews already written about this wicked brew attest to the depth and striking originality of this scent. Thierry Wasser, he of the Guerlain mantel, created this? Say it is so!

If you want to get technical and dig a little deeper, SDph is a deadly fougere. Lavender and herbs (sage, basil) hit like a bolt of lightning. If you didn't recoil in horror at first blast, then you're in luck. The floral middle (think geranium & jasmine) takes over the show that leads shortly into what can only be described as the most intense and animalic musk you've ever smelled outside of a barnyard. Not even Kouros can match this. I can detect patchouli, oak moss & a drop of vanilla too but it's the musk that dominates your nose (and your soul!)

True story, I have a friend who is a dyed-in-the-wool Satanist and I've smelled SDph on him but I've never confirmed that he's actually wearing it.

Somewhere in the nether regions of the spirit world; grand ole Dali is still having a laugh over the fragrance he helped wrought onto mankind.
03rd September, 2014
A haunting, claustrophobic genius fragrance which smells like nothing else. And makes nowadays' "gloomy" and dark animalic scents smell like candies. Not to stick to clichés due to the signature on the box, but the first minutes are actually a great surrealist olfactory journey in a weird, ghastly, bizarre world made of rancid fruits, carcasses, thick petrol, narcotic herbs, black rubbery sticky smoke. You really feel yourself stuck in a locked closet submerged by any kind of curiosités. And above all, or below all, a really elegant, timeless, subtle but bold fougère accord with a prominent smoke/black woods accord, which is just lying there, far and silent – an old man looking at you crawling in this gloomy, cadaveric circus of notes. Maybe Dalì himself, that is fun to see this that way. An amazingly evocative and morbid scent in which I can barely detect a couple of the notes which are supposed to be there – pure alchemic transformation into a unique, straightforward, undiscernible liquid. It takes a bit of time to love this potion, but when you start doing it, it's just one of the most unique and captivating fragrances ever made. And most important, back on Earth... a bit challenging but not as much it may seem (just a tad too rubbery after a while - better in cold days I guess).

8,5/10
24th April, 2014
This scent is, to me, absolutely, unwearably gorgeous. I get a dressed-up cinnamon and leather oriental, much like Gambler and Gambler Musk by Jovan, but richer and darker. It has that old, polished drawing room feeling of Van Cleef & Arpels, complete with the vase of assorted wilting white flowers from the Wife sitting on the corner of the desk. The scent becomes less spicy over time and eventually devolves into a sweet and musky patchouli and I am surprised to find I enjoy this as much as I do. Too bad, because as a 29 year-old in today's scentscape I'd probably receive a more favorable response if I went into the general Public on fire than if I had worn SDPH. Every time I find a new bygone love like this I must seem like a happy puppy, shaking and sharing a fresh carcass with anyone nearby. "Hey, Human! Look at my new toy! I'll share my new toy with you! Why are you running away?"
26th November, 2013
In one word "WOW"

For years I've been thinking to get this perfume, but for one reason or another I didn't, what a fool.

Finally I got it and this is one of the greatest perfumes of all times in my book, it shot right up to the top 5 of my list of favorites and considering in making it my number one.

It smells very similar to M. Micallef's Black Sashka, too similar maybe. The only difference is that the strong Artemisia note in Black Sashka has been replaced by Tarragon. Both notes are very similar but I thought I like the green and bitter Artemisia better than the sweeter anise like of Tarragon, but in SDpH case, the Tarragon seems to complement the other notes better, well, I am still in the fence on this.

The dominant note is patchouli, strong, dark, dirty patchouli which is boosted by a dark, damp oakmoss and a wet sandalwood. Lavender plays the perfect contrast to the sinister mood of the main notes and together with other notes delivers some luminosity to the murky, somber tone of this gem.

One of the most masculine perfumes in the market and lasts all day on me.

This gotta be the perfume of Barnabas Collins.

Pros: Dark, masculine, long lasting
Cons: None whatsoever"

10th July, 2013
Best fragrance i have ever used. I have had this about that 28 years and still using.
11th April, 2013