Samba for Men (1990)

Samba for Men information

Year of Launch1990

HousePerfumer's Workshop

About Samba for Men

Samba for Men is a masculine fragrance by Perfumer's Workshop. The scent was launched in 1990

Samba for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Samba for Men

dreese Show all reviews
I enjoy the Samba fragrances; this is my 6th. Oddly enough, this is the one that I fell in love with in 1991 when my wife and I first met. I purchased it hoping to recapture that deep, exotic jasmine-laced air that permeated my nights then. Sadly, you can't go back again. This has been reformulated and is a brash combination of flowers and soap which does not last. It's not bad, just not as good as the other Samba fragrances, and it's not what I wanted.
03rd June, 2015
Intriguing. There, I said it. Violet leaf came to mind right away, but it is not listed in the ingredients. It's a green soapy AND milky fragrance, some sweet floral notes and a bit of woody. It reminds me of what an artisan's version of Cerruti Image could smell like...less perfum-y, perhaps more wearable.

For a unique knock about daily wearable dressy or not frag, this is a good contender, if not perfect. Worth the price for sure.
07th March, 2014
jlentz Show all reviews
I remember as a youngster watching a James Bond movie. I can't recall which one, but in one scene he mention that something smelled like a tarts handkerchief. Back then I couldn't imagine the odor, I have found it in this fragrance. This is what one would imagine a hooker must smell like at 4 AM. Cheap smelling with no redeeming factor what so ever.
24th April, 2010
I remember when this first came out. It was very popular and then kind of fell off the radar. It was expensive then, not so much now. It still smells amazing and still has a great place in my wardrobe. It used to remind me of Liz Claiborne and still does somewhat. Go figure.
09th June, 2009
Very, very nice. The lavender and ylang ylang are prominent and lovely. It is inexpensive, but there is nothing cheap smelling about this fragrance. It's well worth the money. Better smelling than colognes costing five times as much!
14th November, 2008
Simplicity, it seems, can go very wrong too.
Cheap-smelling, this one doesn’t last too long and it has no personality, no name, no face, no nothing: like a one night stand minus the sex part and the excitement, only regrets.
It’s really strange that I don’t like it, because I (in general) never say no to a fruity fragrance for men, but I guess it doesn’t go well with my skin.

30th October, 2006

Add your review of Samba for Men

Shop for Samba for Men products online

Shop for Samba for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Samba for Men

Member images of Samba for Men

There are no member images of Samba for Men yet. Why not be the first?