Signoricci (1976)

HouseNina Ricci
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Signoricci

Thanks to George T. Calofonos for the following info:
When the original Signioricci (Signoricci 1) was discontinued, the number was dropped from Signoricci 2's name. Therefore this fragrance marketed as Signoricci is in fact the old Signoricci 2.

Reviews of Signoricci

I learned the story of Signoricci. The original one was launched in 1965. A decade later another version was created 1976 (named Signoricci 2) while the original was still in production (named Signoricci 1). A few years later, Signorcci 1 (the original) was discontinued and Signoricci 2 became simply Signoricci (the picture above shows the bottle of this last version made by Lalique). My review concerns this last version.

For me Signoricci is the best citrusy fragrance ever made for men. It is unique. I've never found something similar. it brings you to another time where men were real gentlemen, elegant with a tailored suit and virile. The opening could be harsh to some people but the middle and base notes are beautiful, complex and confronting. It smells luxurious and natural and contains green notes perfectly balanced. I reckon Signoricci is not suitable for everybody since you are not into citrus and not for beginners. There are few fragrances which never annoy me Signoricci is one of them.

pros: unique, wonderful natural citrusy fragrance

cons: poor sillage and longevity, skin scent and unfortunately discontinued

anyway a Masterpiece! 9,75/10
14th August, 2015 (last edited: 16th August, 2015)
rbaker Show all reviews
Compared with the original this version has less of a pure lemon opening, but is much more verbena-centered. A bit of wood is there too, but in the drydown a strong oakmoss note takes centre stage and gives this scent the greater projection and a longevity of nearly two hours on me. A shame it is discontinued.
25th August, 2012
Whispering from its beautiful bottle by Lalique, a delicate overture of lemon with a mere breath of herbs, perfectly blended and balanced. Pure citrus quality, a shy, hesitant smile that develops into a mature distinction and restraint, the gentlest of woods with the mildest suggestions of powder. Ah, I could almost be back in the dressing room of my dear father, in that old chateau which he shared with my uncle the Duc des Esseintes, sunlight pouring in through the windows on a fine summer morning!

"We must always remember, Meme," he would inform me , "to choose the cravat with the utmost care to suit both the scent and the season. Today, shall it be the palest grey, reminiscent of the wings of a dove, or a soft and delicate rose? What think you, my little dandy?" "I think the rose, Papa," I replied, "for it perfectly suits the season. As for suiting the scent, Signoricci is such a beautiful fragrance that it could complement almost any attire, whether it be that of pale Gallic exquisites like yourself and my uncle or red-faced English Dukes with hairy nostrils and even hairier tweeds. I also believe it could complement any season, from the summer towers and haystacks of our beautiful France to the no less poetic autumnal mists of Scottish moors. Why, even in the snow and ice of cruel midwinter, assuming we are suitably ensconced in some cosy abode with a crackling fire, wine and cakes at our elbow, the utter distinction of Signoricci would make contentment complete!"

My father smiled and sighed, wondering sadly, and not for the first time, what would become of this poor little fop of his loins if he should chance to lose all his money and leave him no inheritance other than a few grandiose titles, outmoded and outworn, whispering of a once medieval greatness and, of course, the aristocratic aroma, faded and elegant, of the exquisite Signoricci.
17th March, 2012
Thank you so much, Headspace. You have saved me hours of searching for this perfume online. I'm so, so sad that this classic has been discontinued. Please, can anyone shake me out of my mourning and help me find something as good as this ? I think Dior's Escale à Portofino comes close. But what am I going to wear next summer ? Sob !
12th November, 2011
I emailed Nina Ricci regarding this scent last week and recieved this laconic answer today:

“We have to inform you that our perfume Signoricci is not available anymore. In the meantime, we remain at your disposal for any further information. “
22nd March, 2011
Absolutly sad with Signoricci. I ordered blind from Ebay after to read excellent reviews.
Simple fragance for people who dont consider longevity and sillage. On my skin 5 minutes only.
How was the smell? Very 80s. But, who cares. Lemons , oh....yea.....for that, try YSL pour homme Haute Concentration. You will enjoy it.....
Apologies folks, but this is bad investment. For a gift? No....With that grey box? With that bottle?
Mmmm, no thanks.
19th October, 2008 (last edited: 20th November, 2008)

Add your review of Signoricci

Vintage Signoricci NINA RICCI Pour Homme Eau De Toilette 7 ML 1/4 FL oz Splash

End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 15:51:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NINA RICCI SIGNORICCI #1 HOMME MEN VINTAGE PERFUME EDT 120 ML SPRAY 4 FL OZ NWOB

End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 19:29:53 PDT

Vintage Perfume - 'Signoricci' by Nina Ricci 30ml/1oz Aftershave Splash

End Date: Saturday May-4-2019 21:05:23 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.54
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vintage Miniature Collection of 3 Perfumes (Bibi-Nina Ricci-Bowling Green)

End Date: Sunday May-5-2019 20:51:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $48.21
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Signoricci by Nina Ricci .85oz/25ml Eau De Toilette Splash Cologne Men's NEW!!!

End Date: Monday May-6-2019 10:19:20 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Rare VTG Nina Ricci Signoricci Week-Ender 0.5oz Cologne, 0.5oz Lotion, Soap Mini

End Date: Monday May-6-2019 11:41:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.95

Member images of Signoricci

There are no member images of Signoricci yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Signoricci