Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

The adventurous Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams coursing through the snow-capped Swiss Alps, a bracing landscape in which Olivier Creed, a championship skier, finds relaxation and renewal.

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

boozy black tea.

I don't mind it.

Good performance for me.

8.5/10
17th February, 2018
Meh. I'm one of the "old" guys, I guess on this forum I guess. One after another, these "fresh" fragrances leave me cold. I wouldn't run in the other direction if someone were wearing this: I probably wouldn't notice anything special or awful. The name of this fragrance, Silver Mountain Water, must have come first because it seems the fragrance was built around the name. Apparently, whoever designed this fragrance imagined that "silvery" mountain water would smell like lemons and aluminum foil. Too astringent for me. Smells like the house after the housekeeper has cleaned it. Note: visit the Rockies, Alps, Himalayas and Sierra Nevadas if you're remotely interested in knowing what silver mountain water actually smells like. That, or change the name to Aluminum Mountain Water. Smelling this hurts my molars.
24th January, 2018
This was #2 terrible blind-buy.

Upon first sniff, I was certain I had a fake. So I bought a couple samples from different sources... same juice. So I got my hands on an NM tester... same juice.

Like with OS, I had to ask myself: What self-respecting house puts out something that smells like this, asking the prices they ask? Answer: there is none. Doubts grew, but not self-doubt. Kept OV but the rest went away and I climbed out the rabbit hole.

Beware when the rah rah boys turn up the volume. Be very aware!
18th December, 2017
this stuff is amazing. you can smell the quality at first sniff. must have in your collection!!!
08th November, 2017
Silver Mountain Water-surprised that more reviews don't touch upon the industrial cleaner / chemical blast / laundry detergent / shampoo vibe this throws out until the drydown. Considering the challenging and difficult scents that have been referenced in these hallowed hyper texts the cdg's, the nasomattos, the tauer's-I suspect it's just creed's branding that causes many to sidestep this very apparent and obvious facet of this scent. Silver Mountain Water is a sci-fi fresh male fragrance that evokes nature by means of referencing natural tones (peppered mandarin oranges, black currant, tea, down to the sandalwood/petitgrain base) without smelling natural at all - I agree with other reviewers that soapiness is not on the menu here but shampoo and conditioner and fabric softener are. I get all those natural notes-but the overall impression is one of a very synthetic, chemical potion all the way until deep in the dry down.

Unlike many others I don't have an issue with synthetic-just surprised no one has touched upon this as a breakthrough avant garde scent in the vein of other houses I've mentioned up top.
27th September, 2017 (last edited: 31st July, 2018)
tostig Show all reviews
SMW does not fit the profile of something I would normally like. I like woody and spicy and overtly masculine, and generally detest floral, feminine perfumes on myself or on other men. That said, I do like SMW and wear it often. SMW has been adequately described in other reviews here, so I won't rehash old territory, except to say that it does lean slightly to the feminine side of neutral. My wife wears it and I got her her own bottle so she'd stop hitting mine, and it smells great on her. It is truly unisex. It is also very floral, which is not generally my thing, but somehow those "inky" or "metallic" notes that others complain about work for me. Those notes temper the floral notes and produce something more interesting and wearable on my skin. I don't understand why some people adore Aventus and hate SMW. To me, SMW seems like the more interesting (though less masculine) fragrance; maybe it's just the gender aspect that rubs people the wrong way. I find longevity and projection very Aventus-like, 2-3 hours of "wow I can really smell it" followed by a few more hours of grinding my nose into my wrist to see if I can still smell it, followed by nothing. I give it an 8.5 out of 10. On my skin I consider it a peer of Aventus and ranking only below Royal Oud as my preferred Creed scent.
07th August, 2017

Add your review of Silver Mountain Water

Shop for Silver Mountain Water products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Silver Mountain Water