Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

The adventurous Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams coursing through the snow-capped Swiss Alps, a bracing landscape in which Olivier Creed, a championship skier, finds relaxation and renewal.

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

This is quite a challenging one for me because I love fresh scents and bergamot and mandarin feature among my favored notes. Having a freshie that would project nicely for me in winter would be a really nice addition to my shelf, but something about the green tea just doesn’t agree with my skin.

For me, this scent projects super feminine, which is a shame because I love it on a tester, along with the idea, the inspiration and the overall composition.

Price, like with all Creeds, represents debatable value, but this is undoubtedly well crafted.

Neutral for me, but by all means worth a decant - if it works for you, this could be an interesting signature fragrance.
07th November, 2019
Neutral rating from me for Silver Mountain Water. I like the lion's share of notes in this except for the green tea. I don't like tea notes...they ruin an otherwise very nice fragrance for me because in the end all I can smell is the tea note in SMW.
02nd June, 2019
So this is my story for SMW.

It was my third Creed and one night my Fiancè asked me to get my fragrances out. Out of probably 10 i had at the time she absolutely loved this and Pardon by Nasomatto. She just couldn't stop sniffing it and even started wearing it herself. . . Then a couple of days later i dropped my bottle and it shattered. I was gutted but got straight online and ordered another.

A week goes by and she goes to put it on again and instantly didn't like it and now she hasn't worn it since. She keeps saying it smells different everytime i wear it now. To me it also smelt different with more mandarin, tea but less musk and black current to my nose anyway.

So does SMW also suffer from batch variations? I can say Aventus certainly does as i own 4 bottles of different batches and they all have a uniqueness i like about them. I also own multi bottles of other Creeds but these are the only obvious ones to me thus far.

Im not fussed about batch variations too much but i haven't read too much into SMW having this issue. So i was more curious than anything!

Anyway i do really enjoy this fragrance but for me it seems weak and doesn't last as long as I'd like. Considering other than my Fiancè i haven't had a compliment and is hard to gather how it performs.

But i do adore this scent and that opening is just gorgeous to my nose and the dry down is very good too.

It would score higher if i felt it performed better.

23rd April, 2019 (last edited: 29th April, 2019)
A wonderful fragrance that is so popular that it's been copied and faked on various selling platforms. I bought a bottle of it in late 2003 and have loved it ever since.
10th January, 2019
To me anyways.. very clean, light, bright and super polished. Definitely unisex.
06th December, 2018
I walked into Creed Silver Mountain Water (1995) really wanting to hate it, because I kept seeing people talk about it being the "ck One (1994) for millionaires" and of all banal things, the subject of a particular YouTube reviewer calling it "how to steal someone's wife 101" which instantly put it into the "alphadudebro gonna be a stunner sick gains gotta get swole baller baller y'all" mentality which Aventus (2010) has sadly also fallen into. But, just like Aventus, I was pleasantly surprised that there was serious quality behind this, and originality that makes it very likeable to my nose. I totally understand why this draws in the typical over-privileged and under-disciplined dregs of toxic masculinity within corporate Western culture, as it is a real "stunner" as they'd say with sparkling fruity top notes and a crisp green finish that is more unisex than all the male collar-popping surrounding the fragrance may lead on. I get the reason this exists too, contrary to what Chad McAudiGym Esquire might think, as Creed after the initial 80's explosion from their own boutiques into high-end department stores began to market themselves as a cut above designers, not quite niche per se, just a "finer" option in the same stylistic vein as their "plebian" competition. Before they began re-writing their own backstory and jacking up prices to be the house you "graduate into", they really seemed to be trying to offer better takes on popular ideas, with this being their answer to the unisex craze of the 90's.

Silver Mountain Water opens with a gorgeous mandarin and bergamot; the top notes are nothing out of the ordinary for a fragrance made in this decade, but smell extraordinarily natural for what they are nonetheless, offering first glimpse of "better than the rest" I feel Creed was going for at the time, before the idea of being an aspirational house sank in too much with the marketing team. Quickly the juicy blackcurrant joins the already-sweet mandarin, and I'm surprised so many chauvinist guys actually like something this fruity and feminine. There's a green tea note here which mimics the popular Calvin Klein creation from the prior year, and sort of also sets the standard for the later Bvlgari scents which also depended heavily on either green or black teas. The development is just the right amount of aromatic to keep it gender-neutral after the flamboyant top settles down, and the dry sandalwood begins bridging this development of top and middle to the trademark Creed ambergris base. We find such a base also decorated with petitgrain, galbanum, and a synthetic white musk note which apparently even Creed wasn't above using in the 90's, which is okay because it works within the "fresh and fruity green citrus" theme of the airy verdant mountainside captured in aroma. Sillage can be a monster with this, as it is so piercingly sharp after the sweetness dies down, thanks to petitgrain and galbanum being base notes instead of top notes, so be easy on the trigger and make note that this has respectable winter legs for a freshie. Despite the lofty makings, Silver Mountain Water feels very casual to me, and not at all like something you'd wear only in high society, which is counter to the personality of a lot of other Creeds (including Aventus), so it's dare I say.. actually approachable from a house that doesn't usually like being seen as such.

Creed is not unilateral on their pricing, using popularity as justification for markup, and since this one is not quite as popular as it's biggest money makers (but also not the most obscure), you can get in the door for much less than many of the top-selling Creeds. Still, this one will cost uncomfortable amounts of cash for folks used to designers or discounter sales, meaning it isn't a blind buy despite my praise, so sample if you can or buy a decant from the many sellers who offer splits. Silver Mountain Water is an extremely unique and high-quality unisex fragrance, but only under the condition that you enjoy fruity smells, with a lot of citrus zing and green fizz, as the sandalwood here is just a faint wisp of a base note, and like the ambergris, appears only at the end when this is a skin scent. Sure, there are many other fruity 90's scents both masculine, feminine, and even unisex, and you could easily have a wardrobe of a half-dozen such scents for the price of this one, but if you really wanted just one, this isn't a bad choice if you're not feeling any Creed sticker shock. For collectors and enthusiasts who usually spend considerable coin on perfume anyway, this might be worth a look as one of the not-so-overexposed entries from the house, and Silver Mountain Water is one of my favorite 90's Creeds thus far, regardless of how basic the bros who also like it might be. If nothing else, this is at least worth a sniff for somebody desiring a freshie that is a cut above, and if you like this, you might also want to check out it's sequel, Virgin Island Water (2007), which takes this theme in a different direction. I can't guarantee how well Silver Mountain Water will help you with spouse stealing, but have fun trying, just don't come crying to me if you get hurt.
25th November, 2018

Creed Silver Mountain Water- 15 ml (Travel Size) + FREE 4 ml sample

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 4:17:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $31.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER by CREED for men 20m-30ml on your choice!

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 5:25:05 PST
Buy It Now for only: $46.71
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER by CREED for men 20m-30ml on your choice!

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 5:25:05 PST

🖐 CREED Royal Oud Millesime + Silver Mountain Water 👉 2x5ml Perfume Sample 👍

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 11:50:54 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.91
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CREED SAMPLES VIAL TRAVEL SPRAY(You Choose the Scent and Qty) 3mlor 5ml or 10 ml

End Date: Monday Dec-9-2019 13:25:22 PST