Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

Silver Mountain Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

Not good with descriptions of notes and such, only know what's good and what's not etc. This scent is average in my opinion and not too found of the inky note. Not worth the money. Save your cash and get an alternative like Al-Rehab Silver pretty much the same especially the dry down in my opinion.
14th May, 2016
I haven't been on this site for months because SMW stopped me right in my tracks in my quest for a signature scent. I live in SoCal - it's mild/hot most of the year, and I already have a gourmand that I like to wear when its cold, so I was looking for something light to serve as my go-to.

SMW fits the bill perfectly. It's clean without being soapy, sweet without being cloying, and fresh without screaming deodorant. I'm also not above admitting that I appreciate the number of compliments it garners.

I notice that there are a lot of strong opinions about whether this one leans masculine or feminine, which I actually think is evidence of how truly unisex it is. When I wear it, a friend describes it as "strong, but definitely feminine," but I could easily see it being worn by a man and giving off the opposite impression. Then again, I don't put much stock in the gendering of scents, so YMMV.

As always, individual body chemistry is likely to be a big factor. This one just gets me. I don't pick up any harsh metallic notes, soap, or shampoo. On me it's a citrus-dominant fruity scent with just the right amount of musky woodiness to keep it in perfect balance.

Definitely also worth noting that after months of wearing, this has not once triggered a headache, which I don't think I can say for anything else I've ever worn.

5/5 for the scent; 3.5/5 for longevity; 5/5 for sillage (with the caveat that I apply liberally)
08th April, 2016
An interesting blend of fruits and tinfoil. Not my cup of tea, though.
12th December, 2015
Masterpiece. Boiling green tea on a snow covered swiss mountainside on a sunny day. Organic CK One made from nature not chemicals.
04th December, 2015
Silver Mountain Water is one of my favorite Creed fragrances. Citrus top over tea notes, woods and musk. Super clean and easy to wear. Could be a good office fragrance, or even a signature scent that's better for day wear than an evening out. By far more masculine than unisex. Good longevity and average silage. Can't go wrong with it.
09th October, 2015
Silver Mountain Water achieves a great freshness without ever leaning toward a fake "icy" deodorant smell. Bergamot and orange form a nice standard opening pairing, the but the main star of the fragrance is the green tea, a note that I would have never previously guessed would help provide a muted freshness that makes the fragrance so easy to wear. The musk helps round out the subtle base, as the fragrance becomes even more neutral s it dries down.

As with most of the fresh Creeds, longevity is not tremendous, but the projection is outstanding for the first couple of hours, and then fades to a more modest (but not skin scent) for the next 6 to 8 or so.

One my favorite fresh Creeds, along with Aventus and Himalaya. It should surely be tried by men and women alike, as I see this having strong unisex appeal. SMW also has high marks in terms of versatility, as while it is not targeted for formal occasions, dates, or work, it nonetheless is very comfortable to wear in all situations, casual or formal. And while it lends itself to warm weather wear, it's a fragrance that can be appreciated year-round.

8 out of 10