Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

Silver Mountain Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

Silver Mountain Water achieves a great freshness without ever leaning toward a fake "icy" deodorant smell. Bergamot and orange form a nice standard opening pairing, the but the main star of the fragrance is the green tea, a note that I would have never previously guessed would help provide a muted freshness that makes the fragrance so easy to wear. The musk helps round out the subtle base, as the fragrance becomes even more neutral s it dries down.

As with most of the fresh Creeds, longevity is not tremendous, but the projection is outstanding for the first couple of hours, and then fades to a more modest (but not skin scent) for the next 6 to 8 or so.

One my favorite fresh Creeds, along with Aventus and Himalaya. It should surely be tried by men and women alike, as I see this having strong unisex appeal. SMW also has high marks in terms of versatility, as while it is not targeted for formal occasions, dates, or work, it nonetheless is very comfortable to wear in all situations, casual or formal. And while it lends itself to warm weather wear, it's a fragrance that can be appreciated year-round.

8 out of 10
13th August, 2015

Every collectionar needs a CREED.why?because this brand is special.this cologne is one of my favorite (in my top 5).

SMW is very original,different,fresh and elegant for younger man (between 20/30 years old) but for teen boys it doesent fit.

The people around me feel it and like it asking me what perfume i use?i wear more often during the spring/summer days in ofiice.

Anyway very lovely scent from the begining until it end.not simple in my opinion this is elaborate and harmonic composition of notes.the longevity is amazing on my word i adore it.

Thank you CREED.

09th June, 2015
Silver Mountain Water is a real beauty; a bright, cool, airy blast of citrus and aldehydes, freshly laundered (comparisons to Chrome are not unfounded) with a semi-tart punctuation rising from the blackcurrant, only slightly fruity and sans any ammoniac edge. It sort of feels like a crisp clean breeze is blowing evenly over a calm liquid accord of green tea currants. There's also the vague hint of some unidentified industrial bonding agent. It's a curious feature, but subtile and one that adds a deft quirkiness to the mix. All of this rests nicely on the lovely (if lean) standard ambergris/musk foundation. An altogether "easy" yet very interesting presentation.
The catch for me, like many apparently, is that the enjoyment plays out over an astonishingly brief timespan. After liberal application it becomes a skin scent within 45 minutes and has literally all but disappeared on me by the two hour mark. It's confounding that a fragrance with this kind of performance (at designer price points, let alone the lofty retail tag) could command so much attention. That SMW is offered in 500ml vats (granted, as are others in the line) is also an amusing irony. I'm left wondering if this particular combination of ingredients somehow induces specific anosmia in some, while other lucky folks can actually smell this stuff for an extended period of time. Either that or Creed has managed to pull off one of the great olfactive/marketing illusions in perfume history:
Now you smell you don't!!

17th May, 2015 (last edited: 19th May, 2015)
Silver Mountain Water from Creed is an interesting fresh fragrances. In the beginning there is an icy cool blast of citrus with an underlying blackcurrant note. It smells fresh, refreshing but also very different from many others in its olfactory group. The citrus fades but the blackcurrant note persists in the heart. The green tea note comes out slowly and mixes with the blackcurrant. The overall effect is what many have been referring to as the inky note. I only a faint resemblance of the smell of ink (or ink toner). On the contrary it is quite green, somewhat astringent, fresh and perhaps even a little smoky. It is not at all soapy, herbal or powdery. Rather it retains it has this sheen, at times almost metallic. The base is soft and woody, with a hint of sweetness.

This is one of those fragrances that I disliked at first, but it won me over. I find it more interesting than either Millesime Imperial or Virgin Island Water. I get decent projection and longevity. If you are in the market looking for a different take on a fresh fragrance, and willing to pay a premium, check this one out. Perfect for daytime wearings in spring and summer. Perfectly unisex.
11th May, 2015
Another superb blend by Oliver Creed. I opened my sample up and got an instant hit of I know this smell and I wish I can put my finger on when or where i've smelt this before. That being said a frangrance this good must have had a lasting impression on me if I had smelt it before or stimulated something pretty awesome in my mind if I haven't smelt it before. Either way its very alluring. The notes mix together very well to give me an initial blast of a gin kind of hit, this dries down revealing the fruit pallet, currents, citrus with some underlying woods. very appealing.
14th March, 2015
Silver Mountain Water was suggested to me by a Creed Rep, based on the fact I already own Aventus. Apparently, most people who have Aventus, also like SMW. I tried it out on my skin, and initially was not overly impressed. However, after around 30 minutes, it had dried down a little, and i was pleasantly impressed. The smell reminded me of coming out of a long shower, that feeling of absolute freshness! The citrus notes are fantastic, as is the Sandalwood. Its not an overpowering fragrance, and would be great for work, or casual use. I like to use it more as a daytime scent
31st December, 2014

Add your review of Silver Mountain Water

Shop for Silver Mountain Water products online

Shop for Silver Mountain Water at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Silver Mountain Water

Member images of Silver Mountain Water

There are no member images of Silver Mountain Water yet. Why not be the first?