Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

The adventurous Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams coursing through the snow-capped Swiss Alps, a bracing landscape in which Olivier Creed, a championship skier, finds relaxation and renewal.

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

The opening of this gives me an image of fruit and flowers past peak freshness, a half melon left in the refrigerator, and a vase of wilted flowers, petals falling. It transitions to a more unified accord that's less complex, and smells dominated by a men's grooming product aroma chemical, like something used in a deodorant stick. This smell turns increasingly inky. Deep into the base, a nice sandalwood note emerges.
19th June, 2017
Stardate 20170609:
I am not a big fan of dihydromyrcenol. So I stay away from fragrances that have them (which is a lot of modern ones). I was, therefore, never a fan of GIT or Cool Water. SMW to me smells like a lighter version of GIT. An EDC formulation perhaps. The DiHydromyrcenol is within my tolerable limits.
A nice summer scent. But there are better out there at lower price(AdG line, AdP line)
09th June, 2017
Pleasant but unremarkable for someone like myself who prefers rich woody ambers, tobaccos and leathers. Your view will vary if you like fresh scents and have a nuanced nose that can appreaciate the subtleti s of silver mountain water. This seems much like a traditional cologne but enhanced by a light touch of tea and blackcurrant. Neroli is seemingly avoided in an effort to break the link to its cologne backbone. This is something I consider worthy of a decant but not a full bottle. My wife does love it though, so that tips it over to a thumbs up.
18th December, 2016
This is one of those where I disagree with my wife. She likes this one on me but its just too cloying with the heavy florals for me. I've worn SMW multiple times as well as the clones, trying to understand the hype. Guess its just not for me.
01st November, 2016
Another one tried off my "Everyone talks about it" Try List...
Yes to black currants in perfume! Especially when they don't smell like cat urine. This one doesn't. My own attempts at combining cassis and bergamot didn't turn out so well. But this one is lovely. It is a true-to-form cup of earl grey with genuine-smelling black currants.. here come the petitgrain/wood notes. Moving between green leaves and young branches, with a sweet, musky undercurrent, they too smell "real" and linger on. I detected then faintly still about 6 hours into the wear.
A sure fire compliment-getting fragrance that seems well worth the attention it gets. I wonder if I'll change my mind...
06th October, 2016 (last edited: 05th October, 2016)
Love this one! Low key and sexy. The ladies really dig this. I've noticed them leaning in real close to get a whiff. It gives off a very smooth soapy vibe, really clean, fresh and safe to wear just about anywhere, except maybe super formal, suit and tie type events (this is definitely more of a casual wear fragrance). For a Creed collector like myself, this is a nice change-up from most of the other Creeds because it's missing the ambergris in the base. This is one is very underrated, but up there with the best of them in my opinion.
05th October, 2016 (last edited: 20th April, 2017)

Add your review of Silver Mountain Water