Silver Mountain Water (1995)
by Creed

Silver Mountain Water information

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Silver Mountain Water

The adventurous Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams coursing through the snow-capped Swiss Alps, a bracing landscape in which Olivier Creed, a championship skier, finds relaxation and renewal.

Silver Mountain Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water

tostig Show all reviews
SMW does not fit the profile of something I would normally like. I like woody and spicy and overtly masculine, and generally detest floral, feminine perfumes on myself or on other men. That said, I do like SMW and wear it often. SMW has been adequately described in other reviews here, so I won't rehash old territory, except to say that it does lean slightly to the feminine side of neutral. My wife wears it and I got her her own bottle so she'd stop hitting mine, and it smells great on her. It is truly unisex. It is also very floral, which is not generally my thing, but somehow those "inky" or "metallic" notes that others complain about work for me. Those notes temper the floral notes and produce something more interesting and wearable on my skin. I don't understand why some people adore Aventus and hate SMW. To me, SMW seems like the more interesting (though less masculine) fragrance; maybe it's just the gender aspect that rubs people the wrong way. I find longevity and projection very Aventus-like, 2-3 hours of "wow I can really smell it" followed by a few more hours of grinding my nose into my wrist to see if I can still smell it, followed by nothing. I give it an 8.5 out of 10. On my skin I consider it a peer of Aventus and ranking only below Royal Oud as my preferred Creed scent.
07th August, 2017
i didn't know what to expect with this - it was a blind buy and it was from the creed boutique.. i thought it would be a good one since it gets good reviews. it doesn't do much for me as far as liking the fragrance. it's peppery and flowery all i know.. and very at that.
i wore it and i could smell it on my shirt a couple days later so the strength is good. just not what i would think of as a man's cologne. it would be good for a woman.. but my g/f didn't like it. she said it's too peppery. overall neutral on this one
07th July, 2017
The opening is amazing but it dries down to a generic aquatic with mediocre silage. Fine but forgettable.
23rd June, 2017
The opening of this gives me an image of fruit and flowers past peak freshness, a half melon left in the refrigerator, and a vase of wilted flowers, petals falling. It transitions to a more unified accord that's less complex, and smells dominated by a men's grooming product aroma chemical, like something used in a deodorant stick. This smell turns increasingly inky. Deep into the base, a nice sandalwood note emerges.
19th June, 2017
Stardate 20170609:
I am not a big fan of dihydromyrcenol. So I stay away from fragrances that have them (which is a lot of modern ones). I was, therefore, never a fan of GIT or Cool Water. SMW to me smells like a lighter version of GIT. An EDC formulation perhaps. The DiHydromyrcenol is within my tolerable limits.
A nice summer scent. But there are better out there at lower price(AdG line, AdP line)
09th June, 2017
Pleasant but unremarkable for someone like myself who prefers rich woody ambers, tobaccos and leathers. Your view will vary if you like fresh scents and have a nuanced nose that can appreaciate the subtleti s of silver mountain water. This seems much like a traditional cologne but enhanced by a light touch of tea and blackcurrant. Neroli is seemingly avoided in an effort to break the link to its cologne backbone. This is something I consider worthy of a decant but not a full bottle. My wife does love it though, so that tips it over to a thumbs up.
18th December, 2016