Silvestre (1946)

About Silvestre

Silvestre is a masculine fragrance by Victor. The scent was launched in 1946

Silvestre fragrance notes

Reviews of Silvestre

Once upon a time there was a perfume named "Silvestre"

The very "Silvestre" by Victor, Milano - oh, how I would like to get a flask of it !

For the first time I smelt it in 1965 - a present from my gay friends in Berlin...

Although I'm a woman, it's green scent accompagnied me from that moment on until 1992.

Unfortunately, Victor stopped it's production and I never found an equivalent.

This fragrance was like a poem for me which I'll never forget: strong and tender, wild and smooth...

jj in the South of France

13th July, 2013
Elzéard Show all reviews
Reviewing the current formula as of 2012, the top starts soapy, with bergamot projecting affluently for the first 5 minutes. This gradually recedes into the background to leave a rather tame and not particularly original fougere-like base. It smells clean and reasonably civilised, but that's about it.
27th February, 2012
tanto Show all reviews
Often, Silvestre is compared to Pino Silvestre BUT, Silvestre was definitely richer smelling. This was launched by the house of Victor of Milano (Acqua di Selva, Fresca, and Victor). I used this way back in the 60's when I was still living in Milano. It was one of my favorites. To this day, I can still remember its wonderful scent in my head. Unfortunately, the house of Victor was taken over by another company and they have definitely "watered down" the original formulas. In actuality, when companies do this they are eventually going to "water down' their own profits, too. Never change a good thing !!
04th May, 2009
I was determined to sample this; it sounded like the "holy grail" of pine scents...boy was it to be disappointed...

Cheap, sneeze-inducing, and very "household cleaner-like".

Aqua di Selva is far superior, even though I would personally award AdS nothing more than a neutral, and considering it's lack of lasting power, almost bordline with a thumbs-down.

On the other hand, I think the pervasive lasting of Silvestre was part of its downfall.

Spruce, Sandalwood, Cistus and Galbanum, a bit of Basil,and perhaps some Marjoram and Mint, with less Pine, could have balanced this perfume out more effectively.

Even if I this was marketed by Chanel, in classic Chanel bottle, with $170 put on the price tag, I would have declared loudly, to all in the perfumes department of David Jones, "This is abhorent, and smells cheap!"
06th December, 2007
This definitely lives in the same forest camp, if not exactly in the same tent, as those other sylvan soldiers Acqua di Selva, Pino Silvestre and Agua Brava. My provisional ranking: Acqua di Selva: Captain Calm; Victor's Silvestre: Lieutenant Worthy; Agua Brava: Sergeant Strange; Pino Silvestre: Private Dull but Brave.
25th February, 2006
One of my all time favorites, a classical scent... hard to find ...
09th March, 2005

Add your review of Silvestre

Shop for Silvestre products online

Search Amazon for Silvestre

Member images of Silvestre

There are no member images of Silvestre yet. Why not be the first?