Snow (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Snow

Snow is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Snow

The smell of the cold air clinging to people's coats when they enter a warm house on a snowy evening. For me, this isn't quite the smell of snow. It comes awfully close, but it's not quite there. I detect a cloth or wool note in here, which makes it smell to me far more like those snow-dusted coats than like the snow itself. All the same, it is marvelous.

I grew up in the northeastern part of the United States, New England, but for nearly twenty years now I have lived in Portland Oregon, in the Pacific Northwest. I do not miss the hot humid summers of the northeast one bit, nor the slushy muddy springs, but I can sometimes become extremely homesick for New England's cool crisp autumns, and also for its cold and snowy winters. This fragrance is therefore a kind of comfort scent for me. I tend to break it out in the rainy wintertime, whenever I start feeling homesick for what I still secretly think of as "a PROPER winter," by which I mean one that is freezing cold and blanketed in snow.

Demeter sells this fragrance as a room/linen spray as well as a cologne (and a bath gel, and a lotion, and a massage oil, and etc.), and while I purchased the cologne, I've since found that I like it much better as an environmental scent than as something to wear on my skin. If I had it to do over again, I'd just go with the room spray to start out with...although at this price point, it's hardly extravagant to be liberal with spraying it about anyway.
04th December, 2015
Cold and earthy. Snow? Almost. Rather heavy on the geosmin? A dead ringer for CB I Hate Perfume's Walking in the Air...No surprises there. An interesting addition to my collection.
16th January, 2015
Fresh, aquatic and dull. Lasted all of two whole minutes. Reminiscent of C.B.I.H.P. Black March but nowhere near as good. Meh.
19th January, 2013
Call me crazy, but I DO smell wet snow with this scent, as well as cold (which I didn't know could even BE a smell). I like it, but I don't think I would run out and buy a full bottle.
26th March, 2010
smells like sitting on a wet trunk, with some earth and (little) snow surrounding you!
23rd June, 2009
It sort of gives me the impression of snow if I allow my nose and brain to stray to an extremely loose interpretation. I grew up in a place where snow usually covered the ground for five months of the year. Snow doesn’t have a smell, but snow has an ambiance because of the environmental surroundings of those places where there is a lot of snow: those environments have smells… pine trees, mud, fallen leaves, soot, even. I guess Demeter’s Snow ambiances those smells very well well: It is ozonic and fresh, and there are traces of grass and dirt and other miscellanea. I like this scent, but I don’t think it smells like snow. 113
22nd August, 2008

Add your review of Snow

Shop for Snow products online

Shop for Snow at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Snow

Member images of Snow

There are no member images of Snow yet. Why not be the first?