Snow (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Snow

Snow is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Snow

It reminds me of when I say to my brother, after he spends a day out in winter, in the countryside or the woods: "you smell like cold!" It's very spot on. It also makes me think of "not a parfume". Sillage shouldn't be greater (its weak though), but longevity should be. Ironically, it makes a good, fresh summer scent.
Like some other Demeter fragrances, it's very oily and can ruin your clothes.
18th April, 2017 (last edited: 19th April, 2017)
Moldy, old cellar. Dirt notes. Old library book smell. Not for me...
25th February, 2017
The smell of the cold air clinging to people's coats when they enter a warm house on a snowy evening. For me, this isn't quite the smell of snow. It comes awfully close, but it's not quite there. I detect a cloth or wool note in here, which makes it smell to me far more like those snow-dusted coats than like the snow itself. All the same, it is marvelous.

I grew up in the northeastern part of the United States, New England, but for nearly twenty years now I have lived in Portland Oregon, in the Pacific Northwest. I do not miss the hot humid summers of the northeast one bit, nor the slushy muddy springs, but I can sometimes become extremely homesick for New England's cool crisp autumns, and also for its cold and snowy winters. This fragrance is therefore a kind of comfort scent for me. I tend to break it out in the rainy wintertime, whenever I start feeling homesick for what I still secretly think of as "a PROPER winter," by which I mean one that is freezing cold and blanketed in snow.

Demeter sells this fragrance as a room/linen spray as well as a cologne (and a bath gel, and a lotion, and a massage oil, and etc.), and while I purchased the cologne, I've since found that I like it much better as an environmental scent than as something to wear on my skin. If I had it to do over again, I'd just go with the room spray to start out with...although at this price point, it's hardly extravagant to be liberal with spraying it about anyway.
04th December, 2015
Cold and earthy. Snow? Almost. Rather heavy on the geosmin? A dead ringer for CB I Hate Perfume's Walking in the Air...No surprises there. An interesting addition to my collection.
16th January, 2015
Fresh, aquatic and dull. Lasted all of two whole minutes. Reminiscent of C.B.I.H.P. Black March but nowhere near as good. Meh.
19th January, 2013
Call me crazy, but I DO smell wet snow with this scent, as well as cold (which I didn't know could even BE a smell). I like it, but I don't think I would run out and buy a full bottle.
26th March, 2010

Add your review of Snow

Shop for Snow products online

Shop for Snow at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Snow

Member images of Snow

There are no member images of Snow yet. Why not be the first?