Special No. 127 (1910)

Special No. 127 information

Year of Launch1910

HouseFloris

About Special No. 127

Special No. 127 is a shared / unisex perfume by Floris. The scent was launched in 1910

Special No. 127 fragrance notes

Reviews of Special No. 127

patl Show all reviews
I loved it before I put it on. As soon as it went on though, all I got was almost exactly D.R.Harris almond shaving soap. A not unpleasant scent, but not worth the premium over the soap.
15th February, 2013
On my skin I get orange and bergamot with lavender, rose and geranium developing later. It is very well made, pleasant, gentle and not at all sweet. Is wears close to my skin with poor sillage and is very inoffensive. My main problem is its poor longevity of about an hour only, which tilts it towards neutral. Otherwise is is a pleasant scent.
02nd August, 2012
An Eau de Cologne with heavy emphasis on the components that I prefer to avoid. It has a sharper, more sour lemon than usual, sitting on top of a more powdery base than usual, so I assume there's probably a fair amount of iris. Starts out too sour, ends up too floral. It's a bit too feminine for me, though I would still call it unisex from a marketing perspective. Buy their Cefiro instead, which is fresher, with a crisp airiness. Also, Cefiro starts out weaker but has a slightly stronger base which disperses farther.
23rd April, 2011
Looking at the pyramid of notes I suspected that this may well be similar to No.89, composed some four decades later. Actually using No.127 confirms that they are not only comparable, but that No.127 is actually the chassis on which No.89 is built.

Now that No.89 has become a shrieking halfwit following reformulation, No.127 becomes a viable alternative for lovers of Floris antiquities. It works wonderfully well in cooler weather, but the rose note that works so well, wilts miserably in warmer climes.

I probably won’t be forking out for a bottle in the near future, but it remains an interesting etching from the Floris archive.
08th April, 2011
Top: bergamot, lavender, orange, petitgrain
Mid: geranium, neroli, rose, ylang-ylang
Base: musk, patchouli
I like this a lot. It has a really gorgeous orange blossom opening. It develops a pleasing chord of citrus – floral – soap. The tone is a deep “orange”, and it is burnished and mellow rather than acidic. It evokes the image of a very natural orange liqueur. There are even hints of bark and wood. I also appreciate the geranium-rose note, which adds what I think is a British flair to the proceedings. The florals are not sweet, and the musk-patchouli closer is very restrained and suitable.
04th August, 2010
Esquire Show all reviews
Do not listen to these negative reviewers, even though I am no expert in Fragrances I believe No. 127 to be the best fragrance (for men) Floris has ever made. It is very pleasant, elegant, masculine and probably most appropriate for formal occasions though I am still unsure about that, it is just as perfect for day wear if you can pull it off. Real Gentlemen wear Floris No. 127!
14th May, 2010

Add your review of Special No. 127

Shop for Special No. 127 products online

Shop for Special No. 127 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Special No. 127

Member images of Special No. 127

There are no member images of Special No. 127 yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Special No. 127