S.T. Dupont Homme (1998)
    by S.T. Dupont

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 49 ratings

S.T. Dupont Homme information

S.T. Dupont Homme is a men's fragrance by S.T. Dupont. The scent was launched in 1998

Reviews of S.T. Dupont Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Cartier's lesser known sibling, and my Cartier I mean almost any of the earlier releases for men, that sport the 'beef jerky' accord, noted by some as the 'armpit' smell. Cumin is to blame for this, and while rocking this I realised you can do cumin well in a fragrance. Where the Cartier (Must de Cartier) for example fails, STD shines (no pun) in that it is drier and less pungent, lying under a veil of sparkling silver. I would rather wear this thatn the Cartier. Still, it works best in cooler wether and more casual than not.

04 November, 2013

nfn1983's avatar

Iran Iran

Today I had a chance to test this.
    In a word I can say it IS Declaration by Cartier! But consider less sillage and longevity.
    I myself think can not differentiate it from Declaration when my colleague has put it on!
    In brief, for the price it's quite reasonable to give it a thumbs up...

29 October, 2012

Redbeard's avatar

This opens with light but acrid herbal grasses, and it takes a while for the alcohol to dissipate. It starts to get a bit greener and sharper with maybe a little patchouli, and doesn't have the slightest amount of sweetness at all. While it doesn't actually smell like cigarette smoke, it accomplishes the same effect with dirty florals and tobacco leaves. For practical purposes, it's way too likely to come across as sweaty; the musty herbal barrage is unrelenting, and fetid wood develops later on to join it. I honestly wonder if my sample vial had gone bad.

04 May, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar

S.T. Dupont Homme just plain does not agree with my body chemistry, and that's sad. The opening is interesting and kind of alluring, but something in it, likely the galbanum, lends it a soggy wood impression that I find somewhere between annoying and repulsive. Everything else is good here, and I received several compliments wearing it. I can just tell this was designed for smokers. And what a cool base - incense and coconut? Who does that in a masculine? High quality stuff for sure, and much more agreeable than Declaration, but it just smells wrong on me.

Edit: Wearing Declaration a few times recently prompted me to give this oddball another shot. There are few fragrances I've owned that I wished worked on me more than Dupont. I love the dry, dirty, herbal musk of artemisia (I brew absinthe at home) and I noticed it really shined on me with Declaration, so what was bringing down the closely related Dupont scent for me when I've long preferred it to Cartier's offering? With both I get an accord between the cedar, cumin, artemisia, and cardamom that smells like the aforementioned 'soggy wood,' and it's a little off-putting. It doesn't hit my nose like body odor or like Indian food, just damp, spicy log. But after a long trial separation I've found it bothers me less now, and though my Lady doesn't like it (or apparently anything with galbanum) it seems everyone else I run into does. So for the time-earned change in perception or bodily Ph that makes this suddenly more pleasant and for being richer in depth and longer in performance than its counterpart I have to bump this one up to a positive. I'm keeping the first post intact as a reminder to myself that I have to reevaluate both the good and the less-than-good in my collection every few years.
    On a special side note - both S.T. Dupont and Declaration smell good on most women. Try it!

02 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2014)

AnimaSola's avatar

Although the pungent "armpit" odor isn't as pronounced as in Cartier's Declaration, it's still there in its opening bouquet. It initially smells like an unbathed person has just walked passed you in an Indian spice market sprayed with flowery air freshener. I also detect a "ripe fig" essence. The dry down mitigates the headiness of the first spray, but the distinct too-earthy odor lingers like a stagnant cloud. This is a woody and floral fragrance in muted brown and purple tones. I definitely recommend wearing this a while before considering a purchase. I hesitate to give it a thumbs down because of the intriguing interplay of the floral elements.

07 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 January, 2011)

Swanky's avatar

I have to add another positive review for ST Dupont Pour Homme. This was a pleasant surprise given the very reasonable price point. Ironically, I had been considering a purchase of Declaration, but was not overwhelmed by the midnotes and drydown so had put it on hold, given the not exorbitant but still significant cost. Upon sampling this one at Perfumania, I instantly recognized the topnote that I had so enjoyed in Cartier's juice; Dupont's however was even smoother.

On skin, this one becomes more beautiful, in my opinion, during the midsection and drydown. On me this produces 8 hours of solid detection, then begins to fade. This is one of the nicest fragrances I've purchased in quite some time.

02 November, 2010

• Time Left: 3 days
    S.T DUPONT SIGNATURE POUR HOMME 3.3 oz ( 100 ML ) EDT Spray Men NEW IN BOX SEAL
    S.T. ST Dupont Pour Homme For Men 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray In Box Sealed
    (Shipping from United States)
    PASSENGER pour homme by S.T. DUPONT 1.7 oz EDT Spray Men's Cologne 50 ml NEW NIB
    S.T. Dupont Signature Eau De Toilette Spray Pour Homme 1.7 oz 50ml New In Box