Starring for Men

Starring for Men information

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseAvon

About Starring for Men

Starring for Men is a masculine fragrance by Avon.

Starring for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Starring for Men

Swanky Show all reviews
Starring begins with a sharp floral character reminiscent of California, Insensť or Carrington, although florals are not listed in the note breakdown. The bergamot is the probable suspect - Moustache, too, has a similarly tart opening. After a while, though, it tones down into a mildly spicy and creamy scent with an incense backbone, which is, I think, the best part of the fragrance. With time, though, the quality of ingredients lets this offering down. That said, for the affordable price tag, this presents a decent choice for the man who doesn't want to smell like the guy next to him at the slot machines. The bottle is pretty cool, too.
30th March, 2012 (last edited: 24th July, 2014)
The opening says "i'm gonna be a spicy fougere!" but the drydown leaves you and says "haha just kidding I was a fresh oriental!" Strangely unique structure. Moderate sillage and comes in bursts. The vanilla in the drydown reminds of Raw Vanilla from Coty. Not bad. If you see a good deal, pick it up. There are samples still floating around out there, too.
15th October, 2009
Bigsly Show all reviews
This one is not very similar to anything else I've tried, and I've tried many fragrances with vanillic bases (Devotion, Polo Double Black, Rochas Man, Raw Vanilla, etc.), as well as the two other ones I mentioned in my first review (L'Anarchiste and Egoiste). My guess is that the spices used here, along with the sage, make it seem like there is cinnamon in it (it's not listed in the notes). In any case, I've changed my opinion on the sillage and longevity, which is quite good with just one spray to the chest. The rum note isn't too boozy (such notes can be nauseating to me), and I don't get any clear fruit notes (though I try to avoid top notes, so that may be the reason). It is definitely a little musky, as the note pyramid suggests. If you really don't like sage, this might not be for you (because it does play a large role here), but otherwise, the note pyramid should be enough for you to determine if you'd like this.

My old "newbie" review: It seems a little weak compared to other frags, but other than that this is excellent. I spray this right at the shirt line, twice in one spot (after letting the first spray dry), and then it takes a few minutes before I get the nice wafts. From the other reviews, I feared this might be a boozy, synthetic mess, and that it would be strong and "rough." It's none of those things. It's very well-balanced and pleasant. I also thought the apple, nutmeg, or vanilla might be a bit too dominant, but they aren't. When I saw I good deal for it, I grabbed it, and now it's got a solid place in my rotation. I like it better than Egoiste, and while I have yet to sample L'Anarchiste, I think I'd prefer this, considering the claims that L'A has a metallic or "blood" quality (which I'm not looking for).
10th March, 2009 (last edited: 15th December, 2009)
ce1982 Show all reviews
Bought a small tester of this off of ebay. It's not bad! Slightly floral top notes, but quickly mixes in with the spicy cinnamon, apple and bay rum of the middle notes. Reminds me somewhat of a pirate chewing on tobacco and swigging rum... Not quite as complex as similar frags such as Havana by Aramis, but buy it if you want to feel like Jack Sparrow!
11th December, 2006
STARRING.. IS A GREAT SCENT FROM AVON. AS WARM AND SENSATIONAL AS MESMERIZE, BY AVON, IS...STARRING IS FRESH, WARM, AND CLASSY. IT'S ONE OF THOSE GREAT, FRESH, OUT THE THE SHOWER FRAGRANCES, THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT, AS YOU START YOUR DAY. ONLY PROBLEM IS-- IT'S VERY HARD TO FIND. I'VE FOUND A NUMBER OF THEM ON E BAY. TRY THIS ONE...IT'S TERRIFIC!!!
27th August, 2003

Add your review of Starring for Men

Shop for Starring for Men products online

Search Amazon for Starring for Men

Member images of Starring for Men

There are no member images of Starring for Men yet. Why not be the first?