Average Rating:

Sultan information

Sultan is a men's fragrance by Swiss Arabian Perfumery.

Reviews of Sultan

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

abubakr_al-misky's avatar

I have bought this twice. I really like this one, especially as EDP. Classic Arabic style, good in winter and summer, though ity is a warm scent. I wear this on my shirt and then put on a top note like rose to liven it up. I dont care for the package it comes in as it reminds me of a coffin.

28 April, 2008

iMaverick's avatar

This is my first Arabic scent purchased at quite a good price also. It came in a nice presentation, a wood like box with 2 doors that swing open and nested in ruffled satin sits the 100ml bottle of Eau de Parfum which cost under $40. I don't think you'd find any EdP for that kind of price.

Swiss Arabia is known to use well sought-after raw materials supplied by Givaudan-Roure that come through in these exotic perfumes. Sultan is a rich oriental with sharp woods, chypre, spices and a pronounced rose note but keeps its over the top masculinity regardless. It opens with a bright yet warm fruit note (not candied), then the rose blooms bright with the help of saffron and other spice, sandalwood and agarwood, then dries down with musk, more agarwood, and vetiver.

This smells like a classic Arabic composition, heady and powerful, you can't mistake it from anything else. You can wear this with a black tshirt and jeans, to a dark wool sweater and cords, right up to a tuxedo--it seems versatile enough to me. It's powdery chypre nature reminds me a little of Antaeus without the stuffiness. This is for the guy who dares to wear a rose scent, but afraid of thinking he'll smell too soft with it. No mistaking what gender this scent is made for. Rather heady, think twice however about wearing this to work.

09 January, 2006