Sung Homme (1988)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Sung Homme

Sung Homme is a masculine fragrance by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 1988 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Sung Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Sung Homme

This one has grown on me, since last year. It is a wood scent that almost could be unisex; almost. It has a tad bit of sweetness. The pine needles, juniper berries, cedar, fir, and aldehydes stay at the top, for some time. After an hour or so I get geranium, carnation, sandalwood, and vetiver. Pepper and caraway notes are omnipresent. I also get a tinge of musk from time to time.

I don't "get" the reference to Irish spring soap. But then, I do not use drug store, mass-produced bar soaps. For an inexpensive fragrance it makes me smile.
03rd June, 2017
The good news is that Sung Homme literally smells like Irish Spring soap. As a lover of soapy scents, Sung Homme is clean, masculine and has a very prominent soapy accord over a fougere structure. A simple classic fragrance done right.

The bad news is that it has a harsh metallic element that is abrasive. I personally cannot wear this fragrance because of this sharpness. I do not know whether this roughness is a feature of the composition itself or due to the ingredient quality. While a more refined version would have been much appreciated, I have to look elsewhere given its current incarnation.

If one loves masculine soapiness and can deal with a bit crudeness, look no further. Adequate sillage and tenacity.

Excellent idea, perhaps good enough execution, but surely not good enough ingredients.

2.5/5 (neutral)
09th April, 2017
Pleasant spicy midrange, murdered by a loud and tuneless thrum of ISO E SUPER. How to ruin decent juice
02nd April, 2017
I can see why this one is so popular after all these years: It's purple, for starters. :^>

Sung Homme is quite a masculine, sensual, and pleasing experience. Paco Rabanne pour Homme smells quite similar, except for its being more intense and longer lasting than Sung Homme.

Not a bad scent, safe and inoffensive.
18th March, 2017
I don't mind Irish Spring soap and as an idea, I don't mind Sung Homme. It's got a squeaky clean, traditional-masculine vibe.

Why the thumbs down?

Have you ever had "laughing gas" at the dentist? If you're given too much of the stuff, you feel as if you're in a sort of tail-spin. The room almost spins. It's very unnerving.

Sung Homme reminds me of that feeling. There is a screechy, headache-inducing undertone to this fragrance that isn't apparent in the first hour, but slowly develops over time. Iso E Super? Perhaps (it usually gives me fits).

Lasts all day and punches above its weight. Overall, a well-executed idea, just not for me.
18th January, 2017
Initially, this smells like a dude who uses Irish Spring soap just got out of the shower and had a cigarette or maybe someone else in his apartment is smoking. This isn't necessarily a bad thing! As the soapiness dies down it starts to seem more piney and musky.

Several hours later it has a natural-esque tobacco & honey scent.

Would be office friendly if you have a commute. If I missed an alarm and had to get to work for a meeting super-fast and couldn't take a shower I would reach for the Sung Homme.
20th December, 2016