Sung Homme (1988)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Sung Homme

Sung Homme is a masculine fragrance by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 1988 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Sung Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Sung Homme

bFlay Show all reviews
Yes...as others state, this reads as "soapy". It is a freshly bathed fragrance that is fairly light and wears very close to the skin. Doesn't project much, but that can be desirable in some circumstances. I find the lavender to be dominant, although it is listed as a middle note. There is a dusty sandalwood vibe in here too that maintains the masculinity and saves SUNG HOMME from being a totally boring scent. The lightness and short longevity is nice as a transitional fragrance after the gym or for early-in-the-day socializing. I wouldn't wear it when I wanted to smell "special", but I like this every now and then. It has it's place.
20th October, 2014
Yes, if there was a way to liquefy a bar of Irish Spring and a bar of Ivory soap-this is what you would get. The bottle looks like a prop from the movie Metropolis.
30th March, 2014
I can't say anything others haven't said except for the fact that on certain days, after about 3 hours, this dries down to an odd Bounce dryer sheet / waxy-sweet laundry detergent. Love the clean initial blast from the bottle, and usually this mellows as it starts out, but there are those days that I get blasted to the laundromat
28th February, 2014
Soap on a rope.

After reading many of the reviews on this I finally decided to try it. Happy to say that it's every bit as soapy as people describe it. If your into soapy fragrances or enjoy wearing them then this is a must. This is something that you wear for yourself, because this is not a crowd pleaser. I don't get the ash tray vibe or even the irish spring reference. It's soap, but it's more of a pure bar soap smell with some tobacco later on in the dry down. Can't say I wear it a lot, but I do enjoy it from time to time.

Pros: Purple bottle (juice), huge projection and longevity, great soapy fragrance.
Cons: Smells a bit dated.

22nd May, 2013
Huge initial blast that resembles Irish Spring. To my nose, this scent is fairly linear and does not evolve much throughout its considerable lifespan. As well, I have trouble picking out individual notes in this one, rendering it like that "purple blob" everyone compares it to. Overall though, a simple, clean, VERY soapy scent that is hardly disagreeable. I am happy to have this in my collection!
20th April, 2013
Let me start off by stating that I tested Sung homme a few years ago and did not like it all. The ash tray note that everyone associates with it did it in for me. Well, I got a chance to sample it a few weeks ago and I was blown away by it. I went back and bought me a bottle and check the batch code and it was made may of this year.Seems to my nose that EA has maybe reformulated it. The ash tray note is not as prominent as it used to be and it seems its more balanced and well blended. Don't get me wrong the ash tray note is still there just not as strong and more in the background. I can truly say EA has does a good job with this this year. If you come across this and not afraid to wear a macho manly scent give this a try. Longevity and projection are above average....A++++
10th March, 2013

Add your review of Sung Homme

Shop for Sung Homme products online

Shop for Sung Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sung Homme

Member images of Sung Homme

There are no member images of Sung Homme yet. Why not be the first?