T for Him (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseTommy Hilfiger
SupplierFirmenich

About T for Him

The newest fragrance by Tommy Hilfiger. It is a fresh and non-offensive scent. If you like other Tommy scents, you'll like this too.

T for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of T for Him

Fresh start

The opening citrus-mandarine notes are pleasant and make a good scent for warmer weather. The drydown, however, becomes a generic and nondescript event with a rather synthetic-appearing base note on my skin. Projection and silage are limited, but longevity not too bad with about three hours.

13th September, 2013
There's nothing to really dislike about this scent. By the same token, there's not a lot to really like either. After the citrus opening, it smells exactly like laundry detergent. Fortunately, it smells like expensive laundry detergent. Longevity is poor on my skin. Sillage is average. Unfortunately, nothing about it excites me. I hadn't wore it for two years...I may not wear it for another two.
12th January, 2013
Manages to recreate the exact smell of washing powder. Not clean clothes or freshly washed clothes but actual neat washing powder. For me the best part of this fragrance comes after the first 10-20 minutes. It loses the harsh chemical soap smell and becomes mellow and sweet like cut grass.

Not bad but for the price this costs to buy I don't think it is worth it.
14th November, 2011
Considering that I got two 3.4 oz bottles of this stuff at Sams Club on discount, I'd say I got a pretty good bargain. This may not be earth-shattering, but it's a good middle of the road fragrance for daytime spring/summer wear. The "fresh wet t-shirts" note is an interesting note, and though I don't know if it quite gets that effect, it does make for a somewhat spicy middle. The fragrance really reminds me of fresh cut grass.

Some people won't find much interesting about this fragrance, and I can understand why. It's not very complex. It's just straight up fresh. And maybe this is because it comes from Hilfiger, but it does remind me of a toned down, slightly peppery Tommy.

There's nothing earth-shattering here and the longevity isn't that great, but it is a pleasant and fresh juice for day time casual/outdoor use.

Recommended age: teen and up
Recommended season: Mid-Spring/Summer/Early-Fall
08th April, 2011
OK, so this is a scent I smelled on someone else and was captivated by initially. The burst of citrus was so clean, green and well rounded, it was mouth-watering. I didn't feel that I needed to actually wear it before deciding to buy it since it seemed like such a straightforward, fresh, clean scent. I don't usually buy mass marketed cologne, but for casual wear, this seemed refreshing.

Well, on skin, this is a dissapointment. After the grapefruit/lime topnote quickly fades, the "green" edge of the citrus is left behind on ones body as a strong celery seed note, which I'm surprised that no one has mentioned thus far. It's almost like Yatagan but not as interesting, accompanied by that standard, hackneyed men's 70s fougere accord with lavender and amber. Unwearable.
05th October, 2010
Time to revise another review.. my initial review of this was just sad, and quite off.

Firstly, this is a great fragrance for a more mature man who wants a fresh, almost aquatic scent, because it has a pine/mossy dry down. While most aquatics have base notes with sandalwood and musks, this one has a more mature vibe.

The opening, I get a citrus blast, not the typical boring bergamot, but a nice combo of clementine and lime. The middle is certainly green and dewy, (wet green notes) with its listed "green notes". The "fresh wet t-shirt" mid note is a bit silly though. Let's say for arguments sake, you have a new t-shirt and it gets wet.. it smells nothing like this, but I see the gimmick they were going for here, to match the bottle/name. The base is mostly pine and moss, with a hint of woods. I can smell the moss though from almost the opening notes, you can kind of tell that this one is going to go a different route. I can see why a lot of people are turned off by it, because the notes don't really match.

Give it a try though if you can get a good price on it, this is not recommended to blind buy.
04th May, 2010 (last edited: 10th March, 2014)

Add your review of T for Him

Shop for T for Him products online

Shop for T for Him at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for T for Him

Member images of T for Him

There are no member images of T for Him yet. Why not be the first?