Tabac Man (2000)

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 16 ratings

Tabac Man Fragrance Notes

Tabac Man information

A fragrance from M&W under the Tabac umbrella brand. A masculine scent aimed at the mature man, with notes of bergamot, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and vanilla.
    The bottle echoes the design of Tabac Original.

Reviews of Tabac Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

jaybear's avatar

Finland Finland

I had this when I was in high school. My father used to wear regular Tabac which I still like very much, and I also had a bottle of Culture by Tabac Arena di Roma (not listed in Fragrantica) which was quite ok. Based on these positive experiences I decided to try the Tabac Man as well. My memories are quite vague, although I can remember I wasn't especially fond of it. Today I was shopping for groceries in a nearby supermarket and spotted this in the cosmetics aisle. One spray on both of my wrists and it all came back to me. Some citrus and lavender in the opening, spices and sandalwood in the base. Absolutely boring and unimaginative. This has nothing in common with the lovely Tabac Original, it's just a generic supermarket scent. Don't bother!

28th August, 2014

atrac's avatar

Crap? Maybe. Chemical Waste. Could be. Smells like Iron by Coty? Yep.

11th January, 2014

Swanky's avatar

Maligned Man

TABAC MAN is not a great fragrance, nor an especially good one but it is not, to my nose, the capital offense that so many find it to be. There is an intially sour note (Design for Men, Ulysse, Carolina Herrera among other men's perfumes have a similar note) that fortunately settles down by the mid and drydown. I don't have a lot of fragrances in my wardrobe like TM, so it's an acceptable member of the pack. As others have noted, don't expect much if any resemblance to Tabac Original, which is a great fragrance. Sweet but not too sweet, dry but not too dry, sharp but not too sharp. Should you seek it out? No. But if a bottle comes your way, don't be afraid to give it a sniff.

Pros: Longevity, bottle, price
    Cons: Generic"

04th August, 2013

shamu1's avatar

There's a reason almost all the reviews here for Tabac Man are "thumbs down". This is a bad fragrance.

Yes, it's strong. Yes, it's dark. And yes, it sells at a good price. I even like the opening accord, which is a black, Trussardi Uomo-like spicy leather smell. Unfortunately everything goes to shit after the first 15 minutes, and the fragrance decomposes into this chemical, synthetic smelling wall of stink. It's a generic, lifeless, and totally unmemorable cinder block of boring smell, like chemical waste.

It's a shame really, because the opening accord promises so much, yet delivers nothing.

MY RATING: 3/10

05th April, 2012

Han_Solo's avatar

Germany Germany

Oh boy, are all these notes in the pyramid actually in this bottle? They must be kidding! Welcome to the hell of fragrances, where EVERYTHING is sandalwood and vanilla and tonka - but, only their synthetisized ERSATZ. I never would have thought that a scent has the power to shrink yout testicles - but this one can. Stay away as far as you can from this crap. Btw, tabac original, by the same company, isn´t that bad at all.

05th July, 2009

Carl999's avatar

I don't like this one one bit. I can't find anything pleasant about it...

It smells potently synthetic - some of the notes in it smell so synthetic and dominant that I can't even pick anything else out in it...

It just smells synthetic and highly generic, from start to finish...It is aweful and piercing to the point that it gives me an aweful headache...dissappointing - nothing like the original, which is a perfectly fine offering, and an exeplary budget fragrance.

Sorry, all I get from this one, on me, my brother, my dad and two other people that I know is a generic, woody syntheticness. Not impressed at all.

02nd July, 2007

• Time Left: 1 day
    TABAC by Maurer & Wirtz Cologne And Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz for Men Combo
    • Time Left: 29 days

Member images of Tabac Man

There are no member images of Tabac Man yet. Why not be the first?