"Vintage" Tabaróme (1875)

Year of Launch1875

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About "Vintage" Tabaróme

"Vintage" Tabaróme is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1875

"Vintage" Tabaróme fragrance notes

Reviews of "Vintage" Tabaróme

I get just a hint of that "turned vintage masculine" vibe in the opening, before it's overwhelmed by what I'd swear is aldehydes. It's soapy, powdery, clean-smelling, dry & kind of "white" in tone. Ten minutes in, it all settles into smoky, peppery woods with a faint touch of bergamot. Sniffing up close, there's something vaguely mentholated, then half an hour late there's leather. Ninety minutes in, it all sweetens slightly, & at the same time there's a crisp, papyrus-like note running through it. After three hours, there's salty ambergris & moss, & later a metallic twang, which could be vetiver. There is a vaguely gingery note here too, if I search for it, but at this point it's become a skin scent. It's still going softly seven hours in.
I don't get tobacco here at all, & this isn't something I would wear, but I appreciate having had the chance to try it.
19th June, 2019
This one doesn't suit me. I get an image of a sink of dishwater after the dishes have been washed, right before draining the sink. It's harsh and unwearable for me.

Trying this again a few months later, I had forgotten my review, and I was coming here to give it a thumbs down, and see it's already done. Today, this one reminded someone next to me of "Dollar Store potpourri," which didn't sound wrong.
20th September, 2018 (last edited: 29th March, 2019)
The "newer" Tabarome Millesime has always struck me as an intense, tobacco-leather and spice experience. Trying out the "Vintage" version was interesting, to say the least.

It happens to be full-bodied, with the presence of controversial oakmoss to add its lichen-like earthy mossiness. Definitely leathery and suited for older, more mature wearers; there are plenty of Creed scents that younger wearers can appreciate (e.g. Viking, Erolfa, et. al.), but this may not be one of them.

The newer Tabarome has a gingery presence which "Vintage" lacks. Patchouli is another note that I really catch in the newer one as well, not to forget the legendary ambergris accord; "Vintage" relies on regular, albeit nice, amber resin instead.

Between the two, I have been so used to the 2000 Tabarome that "Vintage" (from 1875) just feels a bit rigid and dated to me in comparison.
19th September, 2018
Stardate 20171231:

It is a decent fragrance. One of the few decent Creeds. The leather is that of K10 type (which I dislike). But creed made it muted and that works well.
Pretty linear and nothing remarkable. I do not understand the hype.
Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve has the same leather accord up top and much better drydown. And at $7 a much better option than this overhyped unicorn.

Pass
31st December, 2017
It is an exceptional fragrance and more suited for your personal enjoyment than making a statement. I must say it is a very regal but understated at the same time.Dunhill also does this style well in their Blend 30 and London Cologne (1973).

I also find Knize Ten and Lords regal but they are more assertive in style when compared to Vintage Tabarome.
31st March, 2017
This is what I was hoping for the first time I tried Tabarome Millesime, but I found out that the two fragrances have only a minor resemblance to each other.

Millesime is dominated by a syrupy sweet gingery molasses'y note that overpowers the entire fragrance after about 10 minutes. The opening of Millesime is quite nice, but once the gingery syrupy note takes over, that's all I can smell.

VT doesn't have the gingery note at all. It's a much drier, more sophisticated fragrance with each note standing out on it's own, but still somehow blended into one harmonious fragrance. It also has the smoky tobacco dry down that I was expecting with Millesime but never got.

The only downside of VT is that the opening is a bit harsh, at least to my nose. I have to give it at least 30 minutes before I'm in love with it, sometimes longer.

If you've tried Millesime and find something that you like about it, but can't tolerate the ginger sweetness, give VT a try.
27th November, 2015

End Date: Saturday Nov-9-2019 23:12:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $450.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of "Vintage" Tabaróme

Fragrances launched in the same year as "Vintage" Tabaróme (1875)

Features relating to "Vintage" Tabaróme