Tabaróme Millésime (2000)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 447 ratings

Tabaróme Millésime Fragrance Notes

Tabaróme Millésime information

Tabarome includes notes of Tobacco, Sandalwood and Vetiver and the liquid is tan coloured.

Shop for Tabaróme Millésime products online

75ml EdP
    75ml EdP

Reviews of Tabaróme Millésime

Showing 1 to 6 of 105 reviews.

ClassicFan's avatar

This one disappointed me. On my skin the tobacco & leather overpower the bergamot citrus and the ginger as well. It's like a moldy tobacco box with rotten ginger left over from a sushi meal inside. Smokers would like it but not for me. To me it turns my stomach. Maybe if I could smell the citrus more it wouldn't be so bad.

23rd November, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

I absolutely LOVE this cologne. I wore it, for the first time, at my Goddaughter's wedding 7 years ago. I have been using it since then and everytime I wear it I get compliments. I love the warm feel of it and it lasts a long time on me. I do smell the tobacco which is very nice.

04th November, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Tobacco and ginger over a sweet base might sound a lot like the formula for Bulgari's Blv pour Homme, but Tabarôme Millésime never gets as sickly sweet as the Bulgari. It takes about 45 minutes’ wear for the familiar Creed millésime base to assert itself over the ginger and tobacco, and once it does I'm left with something not too far removed from Green Irish Tweed, Himalaya, Millésime Imperial, or Silver Mountain Water. Tabarôme Millésime would have to retain a distinctive flavor for much longer to keep me at all interested. It's nice enough, but unless you’re a Creed completist I can't see owning it alongside any of the other millésimes.

05th July, 2014

purplebird7's avatar

More of a ginger than a tobacco fragrance, Tabarome is extremely bracing and fresh, with the leafy sweetness of tobacco taking a back seat. Definitely a guy fragrance, in the mode of an entire genre of masculine scents. I detect something melon-ish and aquatic here, although it is not listed. The word "watery" comes to mind. It's typical gents fare, nothing groundbreaking.

07th March, 2014

marcuslaughter's avatar

Rumor has it, this was worn by Winston Churchill. The name Tabarome comes from the words "tobacco" and "aroma." I really tend to notice more Earl Grey tea in the composition than tobacco. It is not a tobacco in the same sense of TF Tobacco Vanille, but there is tobacco in there. For those who purchased their bottles at a large discount online, as opposed to a fresh bottle, you are likely to be disappointed. One that I recently saw bore a serial number that was over 10 years old. Who knows what happens to the juice over that long of a time, but I am willing to bet that the majority of negative reviews are the result of smelling skunky old Tabarome as opposed to a fresh bottle, which one would tend to pay more for. In the end, this is not the crown jewel in the Creed portfolio - that belongs to Aventus, and rightly so, but this is a good fragrance and worthy of a thumbs up.

24th December, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar

Seeing Creed's other fragrances that I like, I was expecting Tabarome (especially with some of the acclaim I've been hearing) to blow me away as a pleasant surprise. However, it was very much the opposite.

To be fair, it is mostly a well made fragrance. With the sandalwood, bergamot, and a little bit of musk, it does smell a little bit like Himalaya (and it reminds me a lot of Ungaro III, which I really don't like). The tobacco and vetiver leaves give it a dirty (but not too daring feel to it), but the tobacco note isn't the main attraction here. It's barely noticeable, despite it being the selling point of this fragrance. Honestly, I think the tobacco notes in Pure Havane and especially Tobacco Vanille are miles better.

In my opinion, what kills this fragrance is the overwhelming amount of ginger that is way overdone (and this is coming from a person who loves YSL L'Homme). The fragrance is way too sweet for what it is, and combined with the other grassy grainy notes, it's a nauseous headache. You can adapt to the ginger quickly, if you are constantly exposed to it, but as soon as you take a whiff after your nose is cleared, the initial smell is still overwhelming

As for performance, this projects very well, unlike some other Creeds. As for originality, it's not the most unoriginal thing out there, but if you've experienced the rest of the Creed line, you'll find that a lot of what's in Tabarome is nothing new and it really isn't creative or distinctive enough to evoke anything. It's not very versatile either. Older men might like this (but this isn't too dated), but most people under 30 probably won't want to wear this for one reason or another. I don't see this as a special occasion scent either (there are much better options for whatever the occasion may be). If you are into old school masculine fragrances, there are much better options as well.

If you can avoid the dreadful ginger note, and get past the fact that Creed screwed up on the tobacco part, you can see what the rest of this fragrance is, the beautiful base notes. This really is a disappointment because it is mostly a great fragrance, that was ruined by a couple of careless missteps.

I can appreciate it for what it does right and overlook what it does wrong to see the positive qualities, but when it comes to the price, I'm won't pay triple digits for a fragrance that I think is just alright. I can just buy Himalaya and forget about Tabarome to be honest.

So, I really don't recommend it.

06th April, 2013

Add your review of Tabaróme Millésime

Search for on eBay United States

(Shipping from United States)
    CREED TABAROME MILLESIME SPRAY FOR MEN 120 ML / 4 OZ. NEW (T)
    • Listing Type: Auction
    Creed tabarome by creed 4.0 oz Millesime Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 10 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CREED TABAROME MILLESIME SPRAY FOR MEN 120 ML / 4 OZ. NEW (T)
    • Time Left: 14 days