Tea for Two (2000)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Tea for Two

Tea for Two is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Tea for Two fragrance notes

Reviews of Tea for Two

Exotic, warm and spicy. L'Artisan created a tea based fragrance which I feel is one of the best ever made. Gingerbread, honey, bergamot, star anise, leather and some tobacco. No longer in production, so get a bottle now.
17th July, 2017
What is a tea one should never drink? T42! My first comment is the tea in question is not your Earl Grey, Lipton or Green tea variety. No, this is the smoky, gun-fired Lapsang Souchong from China. I’m somewhat surprised nobody had attempted a fragrance with Lapsang Souchong in it (maybe they have and I just don’t know it). Lapsang would seem an obvious choice due to its complex aroma. But there’s a lot more going on in T42 than the Lapsang.

T42 opens with guns blazing, quite literally, as the Lapsang Souchong fires away. The burning campfire in the tea fields of China enraptures your nose. Striking to say the least. The spice route through Asia begins as the cinnamon and ginger emerge to give the smoky tea some spice. Both work as a great bridge to the base of vanilla and tobacco. The vanilla and tobacco combine into a powerful force that takes no prisoners. Very Intense and seems to grow stronger by the hour. On paper, T42 seems like a no brainer, but to actually put this together and smell great all along the journey is a grand achievement.

8.5/10
02nd September, 2016
After your office work walk on the silent sreet as you go home a kiss and a cup of tea.it is not typical of tea fragrance at all.this is peppery and warm and sweet without being cloying and has a smokiness feel to it that I really love.great for both sexes. Comforting,Sweet,Spicy,Aromatic,Cute,Earthy,Subtle and Harmonious.

The gorgeous beginnings of star anise and spices give way to a lush and delicious green tea.the honey, vanilla adds the comfort while the ginger keeps the scent alive and cinnamon give the fragrance a nice exotic smell and all these aspects working together make for a very lovely and perfectly balanced ensemble.it is best for everyday/office wear.

Sillage?Moderate to Good.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

6.5/10

30th August, 2016
An awesome entry in the category of tea based fragrances...Perfect for hot summer days...slightly smoky and spicy tea with a little honey sweetness...the spiciness gives me the slightest hint of chai...i can see why so many seem to enjoy this fragrance...what i'm smelling is from a several year old decant , so i can't speak for the current version
Aromatic Spicy Smoky Tea
10th June, 2016
It's no secret the house of L'Artisan has gone through some big changes in recent years. What that has meant to the formula of T42 is anybody's guess but recent reviews obviously don't bode well in this regard. SoS.

I date my bottle to 2010. To me, most all tea scents are high-pitched and come off too fem for my taste [I'm a BelAmi, Equipage, Polo, Yatagan, Azzaro, etc., kind of guy]. T42's smoke / rubber / leather / tobac character makes all the difference, crowding out the lemon / honey / ginger in a satisfying manner that tempers its high pitch.

All in all, a 5/5, yet I consider it a novelty scent. Make sense? Perhaps not to some... but a solid collection has its good ole stalwarts ('bricks') as well as those contributing variety ('mortar'). Today it's my SotD, first wear in 16 months. No matter. Except for searing heat, I like it year round.

One direction my nose goes with this that I don't see often, if at all: Tribute Attar; I find the ashy tobac of Tribute to be very dense and pungent by comparison but an overlap with T42 just the same. I'll often pair 'em up for a wear. Go figure.

p.s. Slumberhouse Jeke is a roided-up SL-tea type, like T42, without the ginger and at extrait density.
23rd May, 2016 (last edited: 03rd December, 2016)
I had some expectations about this, as I really love tea, but as for tobacco (which I love, too), this is just another disappointment. I may be wrong or used to the wrong kind of teas, but I really don’t see how one could buy this cheap, synthetic, subtly (but I admit, pleasantly) zesty musky-spicy blend with a massive synthetic tobacco base for a “lapsang blend”. Or a tea blend of any kind, unless you reference tea is in your office’s vending machine. It isn’t dramatically bad, but it’s just a fairly cheap, extremely linear and massively uninspired sort of sweetish mish-mash between Gucci pour Homme II, Tobacco Vanille and Bvlgari Black and/or Céline pour Homme, in a clumsy attempt to rip-off Annick Menardo’s style and fondness for dry, smoky, elusively Oriental “weightless” textures (not the first time I notice this “talent” of the Queen of hipster parfumistas – Olivia Giacobetti). Again, just to be clear, it smells decent, but it’s really a depressing department store kind of decent. If you want a sweet tobacco, then stick to the plethora of cheap clones of Tobacco Vanille; if you want some versatile masculine tea-infused scent, the immensely richer, more compelling and more quality Gucci pour Homme II is there for you, and it’s still the nicest “tea-inspired” scent I’ve ever tried.

You know that joke: “when I went to parties and then people said things like «there was two or three people», I always was «or three»” - that’s Tea for Two. A flat bit of this, a bit of that, mediocrely diluted with zero inspiration and zero creativity. Last but not least, with a crap longevity. Meh.

30th January, 2016

Add your review of Tea for Two

Shop for Tea for Two products online

Shop for Tea for Two at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tea for Two

Member images of Tea for Two

There are no member images of Tea for Two yet. Why not be the first?