Tea for Two (2000)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Tea for Two

Tea for Two is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Tea for Two fragrance notes

Reviews of Tea for Two

It's no secret the house of L'Artisan has gone through some big changes in recent years. What that has meant to the formula of T42 is anybody's guess but recent reviews obviously don't bode well in this regard. SoS.

I date my bottle to 2010. To me, most all tea scents are high-pitched and come off too fem for my taste [I'm a BelAmi, Equipage, Polo, Yatagan, Azzaro, etc., kind of guy]. T42's smoke / rubber / leather / tobac character makes all the difference, crowding out the lemon / honey / ginger in a satisfying manner that tempers its high pitch.

All in all, a 5/5, yet I consider it a novelty scent. Make sense? Perhaps not to some... but a solid collection has its good ole stalwarts ('bricks') as well as those contributing variety ('mortar'). Today it's my SotD, first wear in 16 months. No matter. Except for searing heat, I like it year round.

One direction my nose goes with this that I don't see often, if at all: Tribute Attar; I find the ashy tobac of Tribute to be very dense and pungent by comparison but an overlap with T42 just the same. I'll often pair 'em up for a wear. Go figure.

23rd May, 2016
I had some expectations about this, as I really love tea, but as for tobacco (which I love, too), this is just another disappointment. I may be wrong or used to the wrong kind of teas, but I really don’t see how one could buy this cheap, synthetic, subtly (but I admit, pleasantly) zesty musky-spicy blend with a massive synthetic tobacco base for a “lapsang blend”. Or a tea blend of any kind, unless you reference tea is in your office’s vending machine. It isn’t dramatically bad, but it’s just a fairly cheap, extremely linear and massively uninspired sort of sweetish mish-mash between Gucci pour Homme II, Tobacco Vanille and Bvlgari Black and/or Céline pour Homme, in a clumsy attempt to rip-off Annick Menardo’s style and fondness for dry, smoky, elusively Oriental “weightless” textures (not the first time I notice this “talent” of the Queen of hipster parfumistas – Olivia Giacobetti). Again, just to be clear, it smells decent, but it’s really a depressing department store kind of decent. If you want a sweet tobacco, then stick to the plethora of cheap clones of Tobacco Vanille; if you want some versatile masculine tea-infused scent, the immensely richer, more compelling and more quality Gucci pour Homme II is there for you, and it’s still the nicest “tea-inspired” scent I’ve ever tried.

You know that joke: “when I went to parties and then people said things like «there was two or three people», I always was «or three»” - that’s Tea for Two. A flat bit of this, a bit of that, mediocrely diluted with zero inspiration and zero creativity. Last but not least, with a crap longevity. Meh.

30th January, 2016
OK, yes, it smells like a tea and you can note woody character in it. Close your eyes and imagine black Ceylon teabag hanging on the cedar tree. Yep, that's it. And that's pretty much all it is, to be honest, this smell is bland, boring and just smelling like a newly opened can of tea. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of perfumes smelling like groceries.
Also, too feminine for a man and too masculine for a woman.
Was going to purchase this after reading some of the reviews here, but im happy I tested it first and did not blindly purchase it.
In the end I walked away empty handed with a bit of disappointment.
On a plus note, longevity is very good.
21st November, 2015
This starts with an intense mix of spices with a woddy background. I could smell strong black tea, but also anise seed, and cloves with a vague smokey note. Unfortunately, the dry down matches pipe tobacco to my nose. Pure, simple pipe tobacco :(
27th March, 2015
Wonderful stuff! A classic!

Tea for Two is a wonderfully fresh and spicy smoky tea fragrance. Very beautiful smoked tea with honey, vanilla, spices (including star anise, cinnamon & ginger), leather, a hint of bergamot... and even a little gingerbread! it's a wonderfully warm, cosy fragrance which I like very much.

It as a spicy aromatic opening of fresh bergamot & zingy star anise... before the spicy, smoky tea with honey gets there, and stays like that throughout the rest of the fragrance, before finally drying down to a leather and spiced vanilla tobacco with honey at the end. Just beautiful!

It's like drinking your favourite black tea (or spiced tea, like chai) with honey and gingerbread biscuits, on a warm sofa by the fire. A really warm & lovely feeling. The good news is that it's back (after it was discontinued for a couple of years), and it's easily one of the nicest fragrances out there! A perfect for the colder months. Love it!
11th December, 2014
Decent fragrance. Just expected a lot more from all the hype. Tea, honey, cinnamon and vanilla are the main notes I get with T4T. I would purchase if I could find for a reasonable price. Would like to wear this one in the spring and fall months. Reminds me of something I smelled before (not GPH II though). 7/10
14th October, 2014

Add your review of Tea for Two

Shop for Tea for Two products online

Shop for Tea for Two at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tea for Two

Member images of Tea for Two

There are no member images of Tea for Two yet. Why not be the first?