Thé Pour un Été (1996)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Thé Pour un Été

Thé Pour un Été is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1996 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Thé Pour un Été fragrance notes

Reviews of Thé Pour un Été

Kotori Show all reviews
The first whiff is of Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Vert, a wardrobe staple of mine. Then sallies in a clean, whispery little jasmine note. After a few minutes, the jasmine warms and becomes the focal point; the scent becoming a Jasmine Tea scent, rather than a green tea and jasmine scent. I am now sitting in the Drake Hotel near the edge of a bubbly fountain, sipping my unstrained jasmine tea. The jasmine goes slightly grapey here, but it somehow never smells boiled. If I press my nose directly to it, I can almost feel the velvet rubber of petals.

But of all the little magic tricks played out by this deft little dancer, the one that leaves me stunned is the fact that ever since I sprayed it, my skin feels cool and dewy, and I could swear someone left a window open somewhere in the house, letting in some of that brisk early March air.

I don't understand it, but I know genius when I smell it.
05th March, 2017
Comes on like an animal shelter: I smell disinfectant, wet fur, and canned cat food - horrifying. Big shame, I really wanted to like this one. It quickly becomes a cheap-smelling but pleasant enough jasmine/white floral that I can barely smell even when I cram my nose in my wrists until it disappears completely around three hours in. Longevity and projection are just as poor on fabric. Imperial Tea By Kilian has a similar concept and smells divine but is a lot pricier.
03rd June, 2016
Bergamot, green tea, cedarwood - yes, for openers! However, where is the jasmine in the note tree? The center around which the three other notes swirl and finally succumb to, worshipping at its feet?

Very very light composition, or as Turin puts it a "quiet jasmine." For me, however, it is too quiet. The tea and bergamot disappear quickly, leaving the non-invasive cedar wood to somehow keep the extremely light jasmine from disappearing altogether.

Don't be fooled, this is not a strong jasmine, such as one finds in Olene and A La Nuit. This is so light that it almost defies detection.
I imagine it needs to meld with a particular flesh in order to be at its best. Turin thinks it might be good for a man, but male flesh will not warm and diffuse this jasmine as will a woman's.

Underwhelming, but not terrible.
24th February, 2016
A sweet little Jasmin. What else can I say? meh.

Well, after a few hours it turns into a big Tea fragrance. It reminds me of CK1. So, CK1 with a big dollop of Jasmin; every house wants one of those eh?
22nd February, 2015
Genre: Citrus

The pour un Été starts is a crisp, cheerful lemon and green tea scent that transforms into a bright, transparent, lemony jasmine. Graceful, sweet-natured, and perfectly poised, this scent is a happy child playing in the summer sun. Simple and lovely.
05th July, 2014
Before falling down the rabbit hole of perfume addiction, I simply was a lover of good fragrances and used to buy one a time, consume it till the last drop and say goodbye for ever. In this way, perfumes are strongly associated to certain periods of my life and they prove very hard to be reviewed objectively on re-testing. Anyway, this precious little perfume doesn’t fail to be charming also after all these years.
It’s a pretty simple but perfectly balanced declination of fresh herbs- mint, grass- citrus and flowers- jasmine mostly, on a transparent, sweet, woody base. The tea note is, alas, more conjured up by the associations with jasmine, mint or citruses than really detectable on its own. Perfect when the temperature rises, ideal companion of an afternoon on the beach or a walk in the countryside.
13th July, 2012

Add your review of Thé Pour un Été

Shop for Thé Pour un Été products online

Shop for Thé Pour un Été at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Thé Pour un Été

Member images of Thé Pour un Été

There are no member images of Thé Pour un Été yet. Why not be the first?