Tiffany for Men (1989)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyWertheimer > Chanel > Fragrances Exclusive

About Tiffany for Men

Tiffany for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tiffany. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Tiffany for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Tiffany for Men

britnose Show all reviews
First review.... I'll try and keep it short.

Tiffany for Men is one of the most powerful scents I've experienced.

It starts with powder.... and a green note.... then gets a bit sweeter and floral with powdery iris/nutmeg. Then after quite a while it gets creamy and you're suddenly hit with a deep, spicy sensation which is almost overpowering but then disappears and leaves a tonka powder but all this is over a very long time indeed.

I wore this to the office yesterday... No comments either way.... But I will say one spray to the chest is plenty. It's incredibly potent and is more suited to wrist for me. Easily got 12 hours out of it and it sticks to your clothes, given them a nice warm smell even the next day.

Everyone should sniff this at least once. I'll be honest though and say if I bought again I might just stick to sample size - you need very little and I feel something a little lighter such as Pour Monsieur would suit the office. This will however be my go to for special occasions and cold winter nights.
06th May, 2015 (last edited: 13th May, 2015)
Tiffany For Men (vintage):

For completely unknown reasons, I always avoided reviewing Tiffany For Men. There's something about it that hardly translates into words but, when it comes to classics from the golden age of masculine perfumery, this is definitely one of my pillars.

A rich and complex spicy-woody concoction with an intoxicating mossy presence and an endless ambery-woody drydown. Somehwere in the middle of an hypothetical triangle composed by Parfums De Nicolai New York, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and Habit Rouge. More complex than PDN's New York, sort of the good-looking twin of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and definitely less sweet than Habit Rouge yet, somehow, related to all three. A masterwork of restraint and elegance for anyone who doesn't want to give up on character and presence.

There's really not much to add here if not that anyone who's into fragrance more than simply for *panty-dropping* matters, shouldn't miss the chance to at least experience these masterworks from the past before they're gone forever.
02nd November, 2014
The opening scent returned me to my youth, whence my mother and two sisters adorned themselves in sillage of high quality perfumery. The longer Tiffany sat, the more exquisite did she glow. Hard chased to imagine a more luxuriant redolence. This scent is so aptly lush, I would feel matters incongruent to not be well dressed after its application.
04th March, 2014
I believe Tiffany for men is a wonderful collection of the colognes you'll find now fermenting in the old avon pick-up truck decanters.

Powder. Like, oh dear lord powder. Maybe a bit of moss here and there to let you know it's make-up powder that's been out for quite a bit. Perhaps your grandfather or grandmother tipped over a bit of their Avon collection. Perhaps goodwill was having a sale and you decided that the decanter look cute. But oh lord, what's that smell on the way home?

That's Tiffany.

In addition, it doesn't go away. Both sillage and longevity are designed to remind you for the entire day that you just bought Tiffany for Men.

20th January, 2014
I've tried a sample. All I smell is nutmeg, and this reminds me of Cacharel, and I dislike Cacharel. Its definitely a cold weather scent. If this is considered to be better than its sister scent Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, then I've killed two birds with one stone and don't have to try the Chanel Concentree. Love to try the Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT, but unfortunately its not available in the United States. I have a vintage bottle labelled CHANEL FOR MEN, which is before the supposed reformulation of 1989. I assume the reformulated Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT is not that much different, so I will be looking to try to obtain the EDT when my vintage bottle runs out.
18th January, 2014
Oviatt Show all reviews
Tiffany for Men is a beautifully rich, warm and wonderful fragrance that takes the nutmeg note to a whole new level. This is a powerful, mature scent along the lines of Bois du Portugal and while it works really well with a suit in the board room, it is great with a sweater and jeans--you'll feel dressed up even if you aren't! While I think of this as a "grownup" scent, it would actually smell great on a man in his 20s if he had the confidence for it. A friend of mine wears this as his signature and also wears a full beard and for some reason the two stick in my mind together. Women seem to love this on a man which is really all you need to know about a fragrance. Too bad it is now only available in Tiffany stores--or maybe not; perhaps it is all the more special for it.
08th November, 2013

Add your review of Tiffany for Men

Shop for Tiffany for Men products online

Search Amazon for Tiffany for Men

Member images of Tiffany for Men

There are no member images of Tiffany for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tiffany for Men