Tiffany for Men (1989)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent Company at launchWertheimer > Chanel > Fragrances Exclusive

About Tiffany for Men

Tiffany for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tiffany. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Tiffany for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Tiffany for Men

Blue class, gold in glass
Smells like looks like feels like we've
All been here before.
23rd July, 2017
Note: Review is of the current version

Dry, dusty lemon opening followed by a mossy-woody-patchouli accord with an abstract leatheriness that persists into the dry down. The composition feels somewhat flat, dull, and lacking in depth and richness. It shares olfactory ranges with Versace L'Homme, rather than New York or Bois du Portugal.

More frankly, it smelled like a poor reformulation of an erstwhile respectable fragrance. I'm not sure whether it was the particular store tester I tried. Based on my experience, one is better off with New York, New York Intense, or Bois du Portugal (which are all vastly better in every respect), or the vintage version of L'Homme. Even the version of L'Homme from 2012 that I had would be no worse.

2.5/5
23rd January, 2017
Stardate 20161114:

A classic citrus top powdery drydown fragrance. This belongs to a hallowed club of old style fragrances that include Chanel PM Concentree, Bugatti, PdN NY. Creed's Bois de Portugal vintage versions is also a member of this club.

Everyone should have at least one of them (vintage version) or if you are like me get them all.

For Tiffany the current version is good enough but for others vintage is the way to go

14th November, 2016 (last edited: 15th November, 2016)
A sweeter, slightly more powdery version of vintage Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree. I can smell it persistently as I am wearing it, which is nice.
21st September, 2016
I was bouncing around in this while my friends were suave(ing) the young ones with Fahrenheit. My playground was with the older ones. For me, it carries an elegance somewhat beyond, similar to that of Ambre Nuit. Call it a Fred Astaire kind of masculinity. Dries down to a wonderful Sandalwood, a Fine powder, a plus Memories.
28th November, 2015 (last edited: 09th January, 2017)
Another Thumbs up for Monsieur Polge.

The opening is quite harsh, I'm so familiar with this formula Jacques is wont of doing, I tend to identify him as the Dry Down specialist.

Azzaro Pour Homme comes to mind as-well as Pour Monsieur, the classic powder and oakmoss duo in the foreground.

I see it as a formal nightwear scent, preferably for a tweed herringbone suit. I'm a young adult myself and have no problem wearing this scent. Completely inoffensive, wonderful longevity and a dry down that bears a timeless badge akin to the gentleman. You'll be compelled to sniffing your wrist constantly.
30th October, 2015

Add your review of Tiffany for Men

Shop for Tiffany for Men products online

Search Amazon for Tiffany for Men

Member images of Tiffany for Men

There are no member images of Tiffany for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tiffany for Men