Tiffany for Men (1989)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent Company at launchWertheimer > Chanel > Fragrances Exclusive

About Tiffany for Men

Tiffany for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tiffany. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Tiffany for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Tiffany for Men

Stardate 20161114:

A classic citrus top powdery drydown fragrance. This belongs to a hallowed club of old style fragrances that include Chanel PM Concentree, Bugatti, PdN NY. Creed's Bois de Portugal vintage versions is also a member of this club.

Everyone should have at least one of them (vintage version) or if you are like me get them all.

For Tiffany the current version is good enough but for others vintage is the way to go

14th November, 2016 (last edited: 15th November, 2016)
A sweeter, slightly more powdery version of vintage Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree. I can smell it persistently as I am wearing it, which is nice.
21st September, 2016
I was bouncing around in this while my friends were suave(ing) the young ones with Fahrenheit. My playground was with the older ones. For me, it carries an elegance somewhat beyond, similar to that of Ambre Nuit. I call it a Fred Astaire kind of masculinity. Dries down to a wonderful Sandalwood, a Fine powder, a plus Memories.
28th November, 2015 (last edited: 01st December, 2015)
Another Thumbs up for Monsieur Polge.

The opening is quite harsh, I'm so familiar with this formula Jacques is wont of doing, I tend to identify him as the Dry Down specialist.

Azzaro Pour Homme comes to mind as-well as Pour Monsieur, the classic powder and oakmoss duo in the foreground.

I see it as a formal nightwear scent, preferably for a tweed herringbone suit. I'm a young adult myself and have no problem wearing this scent. Completely inoffensive, wonderful longevity and a dry down that bears a timeless badge akin to the gentleman. You'll be compelled to sniffing your wrist constantly.
30th October, 2015
britnose Show all reviews
First review.... I'll try and keep it short.

Tiffany for Men is one of the most powerful scents I've experienced.

It starts with powder.... and a green note.... then gets a bit sweeter and floral with powdery iris/nutmeg. Then after quite a while it gets creamy and you're suddenly hit with a deep, spicy sensation which is almost overpowering but then disappears and leaves a tonka powder but all this is over a very long time indeed.

I wore this to the office yesterday... No comments either way.... But I will say one spray to the chest is plenty. It's incredibly potent and is more suited to wrist for me. Easily got 12 hours out of it and it sticks to your clothes, given them a nice warm smell even the next day.

Everyone should sniff this at least once. I'll be honest though and say if I bought again I might just stick to sample size - you need very little and I feel something a little lighter such as Pour Monsieur would suit the office. This will however be my go to for special occasions and cold winter nights.
06th May, 2015 (last edited: 13th May, 2015)
Tiffany For Men (vintage):

For completely unknown reasons, I always avoided reviewing Tiffany For Men. There's something about it that hardly translates into words but, when it comes to classics from the golden age of masculine perfumery, this is definitely one of my pillars.

A rich and complex spicy-woody concoction with an intoxicating mossy presence and an endless ambery-woody drydown. Somehwere in the middle of an hypothetical triangle composed by Parfums De Nicolai New York, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and Habit Rouge. More complex than PDN's New York, sort of the good-looking twin of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and definitely less sweet than Habit Rouge yet, somehow, related to all three. A masterwork of restraint and elegance for anyone who doesn't want to give up on character and presence.

There's really not much to add here if not that anyone who's into fragrance more than simply for *panty-dropping* matters, shouldn't miss the chance to at least experience these masterworks from the past before they're gone forever.
02nd November, 2014

Add your review of Tiffany for Men

Shop for Tiffany for Men products online

Search Amazon for Tiffany for Men

Member images of Tiffany for Men

There are no member images of Tiffany for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tiffany for Men