Tilleul (1955)

About Tilleul

Reintroduced in 1995

Tilleul fragrance notes

Reviews of Tilleul

It is like a floral watermelon. The basenotes bring out what seems like hay. The lime blossom is more subtle than Neroli. Great sillage. The longevity is enormous so don't over-apply.
23rd November, 2014
Genre: Green Floral

I’ve long been eager to try D’Orsay’s rarely available Tilleul. I love green floral scents in general, and the smell of June linden (tilleul) blossoms in particular, and so I expected to love Tilleul. It was with much suspense that I applied some of the sample that finally came my way, and I’m delighted to report that within minutes Tilleul establishes a convincing simulacrum of linden trees in bloom. Unfortunately, that’s also just about all it does.

It takes only a few wearings to convince me that smelling like linden blossoms is not as much fun as I’d expected. The unsupported linden feels cold and barren on the skin. Every time I wear Tilleul I wait for something more substantial to emerge, but it never does. Instead the linden turns faintly chemical before drifting off into a sharp, soapy drydown. I’ve concluded, sadly, that I like linden better in a candle. (Diptyque makes an excellent one.)
05th July, 2014
Perfectly nice. A deep linden blossom smell (kind of like what orange blossom smells like, but with a lime undertone instead of orange) over a waxy, vaguely woody acacia with that subtle plasticky smell you get in some old perfumes. There's a salty melon smell that borders on lily running underneath everything as well, and it all gets sort of soapy as the day goes on. And that's about it. I enjoy simple, realistic florals with a hint of darkness, so this is up my alley, though the plasticky waxy elements are a little strong for my tastes. But I've still liked Tilleul enough to warrant a thumbs up. That being said, I still think there's a void in the perfume world that's yet to be filled by the perfect linden blossom perfume. This is nice, but I could imagine something better...
11th March, 2013
The opening is perfect: fresh and juicy like a ripe watermelon, shy and bold like a magenta cyclamen lurking in the forest. It lasts just a while, before the eponymous notes settle in, clean and fresh and windy. I would adore it, if it weren’t a tiny bit too clean... The drydown strengthens on musky, soapy, waxy notes, while the pungent herbaceous note lingers far too long for my tastes. In the end I feel this scent cold and distant from skin, unable to warm up and melt in it. Too bad, I am a great fan of Olivia Giacobetti and love deeply the natural scent of lime blossoms , but this one doesn’t suit me at all.
20th June, 2011 (last edited: 30th June, 2011)
Too much watermelon at the opening touched with a bit of cyclamen. Love to eat watermelon, but don't necessarily want to smell like it. Luckily it settles fairly quickly and the linden comes forward with a bit of greenery too. It's only so so to me. Just a bit too fresh for my tastes. I'd prefer it if it had a warmer base, a bit more linden and less watermelon that lasted through the life of the fragrance.
22nd April, 2010
A beautiful light sweet floral to be enjoyed by both men and women. Dries down into a floral wood. Good.
25th September, 2008

Add your review of Tilleul

Shop for Tilleul products online

Shop for Tilleul at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tilleul

Member images of Tilleul

There are no member images of Tilleul yet. Why not be the first?