Tilleul (1955)

Tilleul Fragrance Notes

Tilleul information

Reintroduced in 1995

Reviews of Tilleul

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 9 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Green Floral

Iíve long been eager to try DíOrsayís rarely available Tilleul. I love green floral scents in general, and the smell of June linden (tilleul) blossoms in particular, and so I expected to love Tilleul. It was with much suspense that I applied some of the sample that finally came my way, and Iím delighted to report that within minutes Tilleul establishes a convincing simulacrum of linden trees in bloom. Unfortunately, thatís also just about all it does.

It takes only a few wearings to convince me that smelling like linden blossoms is not as much fun as Iíd expected. The unsupported linden feels cold and barren on the skin. Every time I wear Tilleul I wait for something more substantial to emerge, but it never does. Instead the linden turns faintly chemical before drifting off into a sharp, soapy drydown. Iíve concluded, sadly, that I like linden better in a candle. (Diptyque makes an excellent one.)

05 July, 2014

rogalal's avatar

Perfectly nice. A deep linden blossom smell (kind of like what orange blossom smells like, but with a lime undertone instead of orange) over a waxy, vaguely woody acacia with that subtle plasticky smell you get in some old perfumes. There's a salty melon smell that borders on lily running underneath everything as well, and it all gets sort of soapy as the day goes on. And that's about it. I enjoy simple, realistic florals with a hint of darkness, so this is up my alley, though the plasticky waxy elements are a little strong for my tastes. But I've still liked Tilleul enough to warrant a thumbs up. That being said, I still think there's a void in the perfume world that's yet to be filled by the perfect linden blossom perfume. This is nice, but I could imagine something better...

11th March, 2013

iodine's avatar

The opening is perfect: fresh and juicy like a ripe watermelon, shy and bold like a magenta cyclamen lurking in the forest. It lasts just a while, before the eponymous notes settle in, clean and fresh and windy. I would adore it, if it werenít a tiny bit too clean... The drydown strengthens on musky, soapy, waxy notes, while the pungent herbaceous note lingers far too long for my tastes. In the end I feel this scent cold and distant from skin, unable to warm up and melt in it. Too bad, I am a great fan of Olivia Giacobetti and love deeply the natural scent of lime blossoms , but this one doesnít suit me at all.

20th June, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th June, 2011)

tamashek's avatar

Too much watermelon at the opening touched with a bit of cyclamen. Love to eat watermelon, but don't necessarily want to smell like it. Luckily it settles fairly quickly and the linden comes forward with a bit of greenery too. It's only so so to me. Just a bit too fresh for my tastes. I'd prefer it if it had a warmer base, a bit more linden and less watermelon that lasted through the life of the fragrance.

22 April, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar

A beautiful light sweet floral to be enjoyed by both men and women. Dries down into a floral wood. Good.

25 September, 2008

purplebird7's avatar

I love linden blossoms. They are joyous, green and sweet, yet wild and grassy. This is a reilable imitation of linden blossom, a feat accomplished with a balance of green, mildy fruity, tangy and sweet notes, foremost of which I smell the rind of watermelon and some grassy florals. Really, it is hard to describe. I am impressed that this perfume originated in 1955, is still available, and yet so few Americans have been exposed to linden soliflore. I tried the EDT, but I would recommend a stronger concentration. For those who have trouble finding this brand, Diptyque also has a Tilleul which is similar.

06 May, 2008

Add your review of Tilleul

Search for on eBay United States

Parfums D'ORSAY Paris Tilleul Linden Eau de Toilette EDT Spray 100ml/3.4floz New
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 15 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    D'ORSAY TILLEUL (VINTAGE 100ML EAU DE TOILETTE 100% FULL)
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now