Tilleul (1955)

Tilleul Fragrance Notes

Tilleul information

Reintroduced in 1995

Reviews of Tilleul

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

Perfectly nice. A deep linden blossom smell (kind of like what orange blossom smells like, but with a lime undertone instead of orange) over a waxy, vaguely woody acacia with that subtle plasticky smell you get in some old perfumes. There's a salty melon smell that borders on lily running underneath everything as well, and it all gets sort of soapy as the day goes on. And that's about it. I enjoy simple, realistic florals with a hint of darkness, so this is up my alley, though the plasticky waxy elements are a little strong for my tastes. But I've still liked Tilleul enough to warrant a thumbs up. That being said, I still think there's a void in the perfume world that's yet to be filled by the perfect linden blossom perfume. This is nice, but I could imagine something better...

11th March, 2013

iodine's avatar
    iodine

The opening is perfect: fresh and juicy like a ripe watermelon, shy and bold like a magenta cyclamen lurking in the forest. It lasts just a while, before the eponymous notes settle in, clean and fresh and windy. I would adore it, if it weren’t a tiny bit too clean... The drydown strengthens on musky, soapy, waxy notes, while the pungent herbaceous note lingers far too long for my tastes. In the end I feel this scent cold and distant from skin, unable to warm up and melt in it. Too bad, I am a great fan of Olivia Giacobetti and love deeply the natural scent of lime blossoms , but this one doesn’t suit me at all.

20th June, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th June, 2011)

tamashek's avatar
    tamashek

Too much watermelon at the opening touched with a bit of cyclamen. Love to eat watermelon, but don't necessarily want to smell like it. Luckily it settles fairly quickly and the linden comes forward with a bit of greenery too. It's only so so to me. Just a bit too fresh for my tastes. I'd prefer it if it had a warmer base, a bit more linden and less watermelon that lasted through the life of the fragrance.

22 April, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

A beautiful light sweet floral to be enjoyed by both men and women. Dries down into a floral wood. Good.

25 September, 2008

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

I love linden blossoms. They are joyous, green and sweet, yet wild and grassy. This is a reilable imitation of linden blossom, a feat accomplished with a balance of green, mildy fruity, tangy and sweet notes, foremost of which I smell the rind of watermelon and some grassy florals. Really, it is hard to describe. I am impressed that this perfume originated in 1955, is still available, and yet so few Americans have been exposed to linden soliflore. I tried the EDT, but I would recommend a stronger concentration. For those who have trouble finding this brand, Diptyque also has a Tilleul which is similar.

06 May, 2008

La Senora's avatar
    La Senora

Love it and i'm a brunette! it's spring and summer-y. My husband loves it on me too. The dry down is not non existant just a hush of scent which I love for work. I do not attribute an age to this fragrance but a delicacy. I am a Musc Ravageur person (!) so Tilleul is a real 180 degrees in every way. It's non citrus-y, natrually earthiness is fresh and feminine. So, like wearing the color red, black or violet, it's all about mood and style.

13 November, 2007