• Launched: 1996
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 15 ratings

Tomato information

Tomato is a unisex fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1996

Shop for Tomato products online

Reviews of Tomato

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

aeracura's avatar

It's absolutely gorgeous, I get a lot of comments when I wear it and yet it's not at all over powering. It's just so WEARABLE :)

The tomato leaves and vine are what you first notice, and it dries down to a gorgeous fruity undertone... not citrus like or at all acidic, more powdery or peach like but still very green...

Gorgeous day time fragrance!

12 July, 2011

missjojo's avatar

I love it, it's simply gorgeous and evocative of a tomato plant growing in a summer garden! Like the others have said, it's much more like the vine and leaves, which is what I hoped it would be like and it has a lovely floral undertone that reveals itself after an hour or two, I'd say it's perhaps a little peachy or apricot like... anyhow, it's lovely, fresh, feminine and incredibly wearable. I couldn't find my previous favourite tomato leaf fragrance - La Belles de Ricci anymore, so went ahead and purchased this without smelling it, so glad I did :)

08 June, 2011

ebbtide's avatar

I love the smell of tomato leaves, and I loved this (when I could find it). It smelled herbal and musky and, well, like tomato leaves.

In the end, I opted for Sisley's Eau de Campagne to satisfy my need to smell like a vegetable garden. It's a bit more dressed-up, with mown grass and herbs tossed in.

14 April, 2010

Jakob Kiilerich's avatar

Denmark Denmark

Everything said by the above reviewers.
    The floral note, though, would be more like apricot, like in Gucci Rush.
    Some may take you for a pot-head when you wear this. Tomato wines smell strikingly like Marijuana.

20th February, 2009

I love tomatoes, but I was not looking forward to trying out this fragrance because I donít think of the tomato smell as highly desirable as a fragrance. There are a couple of green fragrances I like that have a tomato leaf note in them, but to have that note as the total fragrance isnít a great idea as far as Iím concerned. Demeter Tomato smells like a tomato plant / leaves rather than an actual tomato, and I find it somewhat okay as a scent Ė itís not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, if fact, as a copy of the tomato plant, it is quite successful. What more or less saves the fragrance is that it gets more complex as it moves through its pyramid. It begins as a tomato leaf scent and stays that way for a rather long time, but then takes on a slight, but important floral note. The result is a nice scent that I can appreciate but donít want to wear. Good job, Demeter, and you even made this one with more than typical Demeter longevity.

22 August, 2008

I_love_NikiDSP's avatar

I enjoy this stuff quite a lot. The reviewers above are right, it doesn't smell like the tomato itself, it smells like the tomato vine and leaves, which is like nothing else on earth. Next time you pick a fresh tomato, sniff your fingers: a greenish, celery-like aroma. Delish. I'd love to know about other tomato-leaf-based fragrances!

17 April, 2008

Add your review of Tomato

Search for on eBay United States

DEMETER FRAGRANCE LIBRARY ** TOMATO ** COLOGNE SPRAY *** 4 OZ UNBOXED
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)