Touch for Men (1995)

HouseFred Hayman
Parent CompanyVictory International
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Touch for Men

Touch for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fred Hayman. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Touch for Men

OLD REVIEW (see update below): Too bad this one is being discontinued. It's a great scent for formal occasions and I consider it a "classy" fragrance. Smells like a stronger version of Brut by Faberge! Better stock up!

UPDATE: After purchasing this at Marshall's and taking it home and spraying it, TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. This is NOT the FH Touch that I knew a few years back. There has been a definite reformulation which I do not like. I was expecting the quasi-Brut fragrance, but got a reformulation with vanilla and nutmeg notes. No thank you! No wonder it's being discontinued. Men (or their wives) aren't going to buy a reformulation that smells nothing like the original. I do like Brut, but I liked Touch for Men better because it seemed to last longer than Brut and had a slightly "greener" note. Touch no longer smells like the Touch I remember when I first purchased it. I really don't care if the "reformulation" is discontinued, as I'll just go back to wearing Brut! So sad when they start to screw around with reformulating fragrances without any prior warning from the company as to what they're planning to do. I definitely do NOT like the reformulation and now Touch smells like any other fragrance on the market! :(
08th August, 2017 (last edited: 24th August, 2017)
Not to clutter but simply to stand in agreement with the comparisons to Brut. Brut aftershave is really what got me into fragrances, inspired me to expand into the world of colognes, etc. I lamented on here of how much I love Brut but wish it lasted longer, as its aftershave, as typical of aftershaves, really doesn't last, and its cologne version only lasts about a minute or two longer. So Hayman's Touch for Men was suggested to me, and the comparison is dead on. It really pretty much identically captures the (to me) better smelling Brut from the plastic bottles as opposed to the more dressed up presentation ( I swear the plastic "Original" Brut is less powdery and dials back the vanilla, offering a more manly fragrance), but this one lasts, and still at a great price. If you like Brut, you really should get this. It certainly preserves continuity if you layer this on top of Brut's aftershave.
17th October, 2014
A more concentrated version of classic Brut. That's really all you need to know --- if you like Brut and like a stronger version of it, you'll like Touch. If not, you probably won't. For myself, I enjoy it once in a while, but it's not a scent I wear often.
09th July, 2014
An amberry fougere. Powdery yet "clean" but not dusty powder. Very much like a babershop-esque shaving cream or shaving soap. And the amber in this isn't sweet and must be the contributing accord for the powdery effect. Along with lavender, it's a solid "dad's shaving soap" cologne. Towards the drydown it gets a little spicy. Comparisons to Brut, Neutrogena's Rainbath and also Dana's Canoe are all in order. Touch seems to be stronger and last a little longer.

I like the scent but not enough to get a bottle (very cheap) just because it's not quite my style.
27th October, 2009
This stuff is somewhat similar to brute. However, to me, without question, the dry down is identical to Helmut Lang. These two scents are very very similar. It is almost hard to believe how close. Both good, not great. Overall, buy if u can find cheap, bottle nice, but it is the juice that matters. Right?
17th December, 2007
Couldn't quite put my finger on this barbershop-esque scent at first. Kept thinking of good old fougere-y Pinaud Clubman, but that wasn't it. THEN I smelled it and knew right away -- Neutrogena's Rainbath. That's "Touch," for you folks -- if you like Neutrogena's Rainbath, then you'll LOVE Hayman's (now discontinued) "Touch." Otherwise, skip it. Can find this one cheap every now and again on eBay, btw.
12th September, 2006

Add your review of Touch for Men

Shop for Touch for Men products online

Shop for Touch for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Touch for Men

Member images of Touch for Men

There are no member images of Touch for Men yet. Why not be the first?