Tuscany / Etruscan (1984)
by Aramis

Tuscany / Etruscan information

Year of Launch1984

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Tuscany / Etruscan

The first Aramis fragrance to be created outside of the US. Tuscany was created in Firenze, Italy in 1984, then launched in 1985 in the UK.
The packaging is inspired by the warm red roof tiles, and the bottles silver top is shaped like a naval column.
The fragrance contains notes of Bergamot, Geranium and Pathcouli.
The fragrance s marketed as 'Etruscan' in some countires. (The Italian name for the Tuscany region).

Tuscany / Etruscan fragrance notes

Reviews of Tuscany / Etruscan

Forget the scent pyramid shown, it can't be correct.

Tuscany is quite similar to Azzaro PH, most likely a close copy thereof. It has a different citrus blast up front, I'd say even stronger with a quicker fade and of a more industrial type lemon, as well. A similar anise and fennel dominant Italian herb combo is there too. However, it shares the stage with some leather and tobacco I think (shades of Aramis Havana). Potency, projection and longevity are all good. The price is great, at rock bottom.

Very nice overall although not differentiated by much from APH. I am quite pleased with this yet when I use it up I will probably go forward with APH and Havana. Tuscany seems to fall between them, fairly close to APH.

20th March, 2017
Stardate: 20160802

I wish perfume industry could learn something from Aramis.

- They make great fragrances. Aramis,Havana, 900, New West and Tuscany are masterpieces.

-They take pains to confirm to all the IFRA bans and regulations while keeping the fragrance intact.

- They sell for a song.

My advice to anyone starting out is to go and buy Gentleman's Collection (can be had for under $50) and then use it as a reference for style and quality.

About Tuscany: I will just sum up what has already been said- A great masterpiece from a great era. It reminds me of Azzaro PH (which is an achievement in itself), though a bit less refined and not as well-blended in the top.
A must for all gentleman and at the current price a crime if you don't have a FB.
02nd August, 2016
Turin (Sanchez actually) gives this four stars and great praise as a successful masculine fougere, keywording it as an "herbal patchouli."

Similar to all the other powerhouse men's scents of the 1980s, but much subtler. It is a warm and dry take on patchouli and lavender with bergamot and geranium. What is most prevalent is the use of cumin (pioneered three years earlier with YSL's brilliant Kouros), which gives it a slightly aphrodisiacal pull. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but as an all day societal scent, it is one of the best of its era.

Praise to Aramis for keeping this affordable and still available.

25th September, 2015
This is by far the best Aramis scent made. A step up from the classic Aramis and Havana (which are both Awesome). This smells modern and classic at the same time with the perfect mix of sweet and spicy with sophistication and class. At dry down similar to Safari by RL. Love it.
10th August, 2015 (last edited: 12th August, 2015)
Oviatt Show all reviews
I was a serial wearer of this for some time--when it first came out, I was at a charity event and as a table gift, every person got a full-sized bottle of this, male or female. As there were some unattached women at my table, I came home with mine, my wife's and two other people's--and I hadn't even tried it yet! I was reluctant as I considered Aramis to be exclusively my father's territory but I soon realized that this fresh, earthy, Mediterranean beauty had nothing to do with Aramis other than sharing a name. After a bright, bergamot opening, this soon dries down to masculine, leathery, patchouli base that lingers forever, never quite forgetting the fresh citrus in its opening. I really liked it and just sort of burned out on it (four bottles of anything will do that to you) but would love to revisit this wonderful scent. At that time I was also wearing Safari quite a bit and the two lived very comfortably beside one another and remind me of happy times.
01st July, 2015 (last edited: 29th October, 2016)
Classic 80's fragrance that starts off very powerhouse like with a strong spice and woods that really dominates for about an hour. It's a nice combination, but could be overwhelming if you are heavy on the trigger.
As it develops, a nice masculine leather appears with hints of tobacco, patchouli and lavender. This is where the scent is at it's very best. Masculine and deep. Lasts nearly all day with above average sillage.
You can find Tuscany at good prices at most discount retailers. Good fragrance.
12th June, 2015

Add your review of Tuscany / Etruscan

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan products online

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tuscany / Etruscan

Member images of Tuscany / Etruscan

There are no member images of Tuscany / Etruscan yet. Why not be the first?