Tuscany / Etruscan (1984)
by Aramis

Tuscany / Etruscan information

Year of Launch1984

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Tuscany / Etruscan

The first Aramis fragrance to be created outside of the US. Tuscany was created in Firenze, Italy in 1984, then launched in 1985 in the UK.
The packaging is inspired by the warm red roof tiles, and the bottles silver top is shaped like a naval column.
The fragrance contains notes of Bergamot, Geranium and Pathcouli.
The fragrance s marketed as 'Etruscan' in some countires. (The Italian name for the Tuscany region).

Tuscany / Etruscan fragrance notes

Reviews of Tuscany / Etruscan

Turin (Sanchez actually) gives this four stars and great praise as a successful masculine fougere, keywording it as an "herbal patchouli."

Similar to all the other powerhouse men's scents of the 1980s, but much subtler. It is a warm and dry take on patchouli and lavender with bergamot and geranium. What is most prevalent is the use of cumin (pioneered three years earlier with YSL's brilliant Kouros), which gives it a slightly aphrodisiacal pull. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but as an all day societal scent, it is one of the best of its era.

Praise to Aramis for keeping this affordable and still available.

25th September, 2015
This is by far the best Aramis scent made. A step up from the classic Aramis and Havana (which are both Awesome). This smells modern and classic at the same time with the perfect mix of sweet and spicy with sophistication and class. At dry down similar to Safari by RL. Love it.
10th August, 2015 (last edited: 12th August, 2015)
Oviatt Show all reviews
I was a serial wearer of this for some time--when it first came out, I was at a charity event and as a table gift, every person got a full-sized bottle of this, male or female. As there were some unattached women at my table, I came home with mine, my wife's and two other people's--and I hadn't even tried it yet! I was reluctant as I considered Aramis to be exclusively my father's territory but I soon realized that this fresh, earthy, Mediterranean beauty had nothing to do with Aramis other than sharing a name. After a bright, bergamot opening, this soon dries down to masculine, leathery, patchouli base that lingers forever, never quite forgetting the fresh citrus in its opening. I rally liked it and just sort of burned out on it (four bottles of anything will do that to you) but would love to revisit this wonderful scent. At that time I was also wearing Safari quite a bit and the two lived very comfortably beside one another and remind me of happy times.
01st July, 2015
Classic 80's fragrance that starts off very powerhouse like with a strong spice and woods that really dominates for about an hour. It's a nice combination, but could be overwhelming if you are heavy on the trigger.
As it develops, a nice masculine leather appears with hints of tobacco, patchouli and lavender. This is where the scent is at it's very best. Masculine and deep. Lasts nearly all day with above average sillage.
You can find Tuscany at good prices at most discount retailers. Good fragrance.
12th June, 2015
Assuming Tuscany has not been modified from its earlier version (dark red-striped box), it’s – or it was – a fantastic scent, another “cheapo” worth having. A simple, radiant, fresh-aromatic fougère full of flawless heritage elegance, cozy and warm like a balmy Sunday evening on the Tuscan hills. A brownish blend rich in woods, mossy notes, discreet yet lively spices, an aromatic herbaceous breeze with a whiff of “culinary” flavours and aniseed, a masculine bone-structure of lavender, citrus-bergamot, tobacco, all gently yet solidly rounded by a leathery-mossy base smelling of branches, grass, leaves. Autumn in a bottle, Mediterranean yet civilized, full of mannered, charming, quiet “country elegance”. Which is something that I realise it’s quite neglected in perfumery – we’ve Oriental scents, “urban” scents, minimalist stuff, gourmands, candies, yet almost no homages to retired businessmen riding their horse in their Tuscan estate. What I appreciate the most here and what I think makes Tuscany unique and so pleasant is a general feel of subtle, manly yet gentle warmth: the notes are all clean, discreet, cozy, incredibly solid but restrained at the same time. All smells “common” in a way, yet unique in the way it’s elaborated. By the way, I agree with the similarity to Azzaro, even if Tuscany smells a bit more round, "country" and gentle to me. Absolutely modern and versatile, probably unappealing to younger/trendier audiences, but that’s their problem...

09th November, 2014
What do you get when you create a hybrid that is part spicy, part leather and wood, and part citrus? Tuscany! To my nose, the citrus is the weakest component - but there is a trace of lime and bergamot ... it's mostly about the bright spices and cinnamon mixed with masculine scents of old wood, mahogany, sandalwood, and old leather. I even detect a hint of pipe tobacco.It reminds me a little of Hermes Bel Ami. I picked up a 3.4 bottle at Ross for just under $25 and I consider this a great buy.
08th August, 2014

Add your review of Tuscany / Etruscan

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan products online

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tuscany / Etruscan

Member images of Tuscany / Etruscan

There are no member images of Tuscany / Etruscan yet. Why not be the first?