Tuscany / Etruscan (1984)
by Aramis

Tuscany / Etruscan information

Year of Launch1984

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Tuscany / Etruscan

The first Aramis fragrance to be created outside of the US. Tuscany was created in Firenze, Italy in 1984, then launched in 1985 in the UK.
The packaging is inspired by the warm red roof tiles, and the bottles silver top is shaped like a naval column.
The fragrance contains notes of Bergamot, Geranium and Pathcouli.
The fragrance s marketed as 'Etruscan' in some countires. (The Italian name for the Tuscany region).

Tuscany / Etruscan fragrance notes

Reviews of Tuscany / Etruscan

Very simple construction according to the notes listed here: bergamot, geranium and patchouli. I really like the bergamot opening, and the middle and base notes are ok, so I will just give a neutral rating for this one. Although I own this, it is not one of my favourites.
14th December, 2018
As a teenager just beginning my men's fragrance exploration hobby in the 1980's, I would come across Tuscany for Men by Aramis at the fine department stores in the area, sitting on gilded platters next to the original Aramis and distinctive scents by Paul Sebastian, Polo, Fahrenheit, Obsession, Perry Ellis, Fendi, Givenchy, et. al. I loved the bottles next to Tuscany, and eventually it would get its turn in my testing rounds.

I always found Tuscany to be one of the more bold men's colognes on those counters! There was an exotic Italian vibe that it had which fascinated me to no end: Rich, bracing, and so masculine! I knew to wear this one in moderation, as "too much of a good thing" applied to its beastly sillage!

Bravo to Aramis for creating a scent which arguably is relevant even today. Classy, friendly, confident cologne; I bought the "Uomo Forte" intense version, which adds a shimmering woody strength while keeping true to the Tuscany original's dna.

I'm sure this one isn't for everyone, but it's sure worthy of a sample spritz even for the new generation of wearers, if not to experience the low-key gripping fragrance that dotted the shelves of stores in decades past!
28th August, 2018
A masculine citrus fragrance with lavender and leather giving it an 80's barber shop vibe, you can clearly see this is in the aramis family as I get a slight resemblance to Havana (moist green) and the original aramis (oak moss leather). Tuscany however is far lighter with good use of citrus and more wearable in modern times, especially with the current 2018 creations like Tom ford's amphrecite and gucci guilty absolute. No doubt this will have lost some of its back bone in reformulation, but the current formula is very light and modern in a good way and the general concept isn't lost. Overall I'd say Tuscany is a mature citrus fragrance for a no nonsense man.
23rd August, 2018
Edgy anisic fougère on a mossy-woody and musky brown base.

These days probably a better choice than the now eviscerated Azzaro pour Homme.

****
23rd July, 2018
I adore this fragrance and assumed I'd reviewed it years ago. Finding I hadn't, I figured no time like the present.

I have to say first that I'm amazed (and gladdened) that Tuscany is still in production. As one who grew up in the '70s and who admires '70s and '80s powerhouses, I'm so happy that Estee Lauder is still making this. In a world of aquatics and gourmands, Tuscany feels like a creature from the late Palaeozoic (as do I sometimes). It's the scent that, other than Old Spice, I wear when I don't know just what to wear.

I can understand the comparisons to Azzaro Pour Homme. I love both scents and find them different enough that they both work for me. At the risk of oversimplification, APH is my City Mouse, and Tuscany my Country Mouse. APH is a bit dirtier and yet refined, with the addition of the crazy anise top notes. Tuscany is a simpler scent to my nose, with the lovely bergamot opening to match my Earl Grey, and a patchouli that my wife swears she loves more than any other scent I wear. And though I wear it all year, the scent always evokes summer for me--sun high and hot through pines, my grandmother's kitchen, children laughing, and a yellow Labrador leaping with abandon into a deep lake.

Tuscany is a scent that simultaneously transports me to every exotic place, and yet at heart says "home" to me.

17th June, 2018 (last edited: 18th June, 2018)
This is a really masculine citrus aromatic chypre fragrance that evokes the idea of Italy. The opening smells very similar to Dior's Eau Sauvage and has a beautiful mix of lemon, lime, and leather with a hint of oakmoss that just works really well. This is for the hairy-chested man who knows what he wants and works hard for it; that's the sort of vibe I get from it. There is nothing unisex about it. On the drydown it smells similar to the opening with a pleasant limey vibe with the scent of anise, oakmoss, and leather. The drydown reminds me a lot of Azzaro pour Homme (a barbershop masculine fougiere classic). Sillage as with other Aramis fragranves I have tried is moderate yet leaning strong but in an effervescent and airy way, while longevity is actually quite good. So far I own Aramis Havana and Tuscany, and like them both. My experiences with them (along with their really inexpensive pricetags; I found this for $20) make me want to try other Aramis fragrances. I'm really enjoying the offerings by the house.

31st May, 2018

Add your review of Tuscany / Etruscan

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan products online

Shop for Tuscany / Etruscan at online perfumeries

MEN'S FRAGRANCE COLLECTION - 5 MINI BOTTLES - ARAMIS - TUSCANY - NEW WEST DEVIN

$11.49 (4 Bids)
End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 7:55:08 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Tuscany Men Eau de Toilette Natural Spray 3.4 oz 100 ml Aramis Used Batch # AC9A

End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 11:08:29 PST

Aramis TUSCANY PER UOMO Eau de Toilette Splash 200 ml (6.7 oz) NEW NIB VINTAGE

End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 20:56:09 PST
Buy It Now for only: $407.11
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tuscany By Aramis Edt Spray 3.4 Oz (new Packaging)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 0:09:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $31.85

Rare Estee Lauder TUSCANY Per Donna EDP 1 Oz 30 ml (70% full) Original Formula

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 0:15:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tuscany Per Uomo (Original Version) Aramis Men 0.25oz Eau de Toilette Spray Mini

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 5:32:06 PST

Men's Aramis Tuscany 2 Piece Nice Set EDT 3.4Oz & Aftershave 3.4Oz Rare in Case

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 7:01:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $450.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Calgon Take Me Away Fragrance Body Mist - 4 Kinds - 8 & 6 fl. oz - FREE SHIPPING

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 12:48:14 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Member images of Tuscany / Etruscan

There are no member images of Tuscany / Etruscan yet. Why not be the first?