Ungaro III (1993)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group
Parent Company at launchWertheimer > Chanel

About Ungaro III

Ungaro III is a masculine fragrance by Ungaro. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Demachy and Jacques Polge

Reviews of Ungaro III

UNGARO III, it's listed as an AROMATIC, I guess what puts it in this category is the vodka.

I'm surprised that some people think of it as a cooler weather scent. It's airy, light, vodka-esque with a light rose in the background.

I can see why some might think of "bug spray" upon initial application. It eventually smooths out though and just stays airy and, to me, seems close to the skin.

I get a soft-pink-rose note in that background. Not feminine though, at least to me.

Summer or Spring, I will definitely be wearing this.
29th March, 2015
One part Cool Water + two parts Tom Ford for Men = Ungaro III
***
14th March, 2015 (last edited: 10th June, 2015)
I bought this fragrance again after many, many years of not using it. I am thrilled that Ungaro III has maintained it's masculine and elegant formula. The rose, vodka and lavender are a masterpiece in this fragrance. I find it totally elegant.
09th December, 2014
Dark, flowery (without the sweetness) -in fact a good blend of spirits and aromatic flowers. The main notes are (bitter) rose with a whiff of lavender at the start mixed with vodka creating an interesting blend referred by some on here as "mysterious". Drydown is "mysterious" as well with a complex blend of flowers and a hint of wood and mild traces of spices.

Interesting but not unique. Excessively eulogised by some fellow reviewers. I'd suggest that you try it on first- avoid blind buying this one.

Longevity is a major issue on my skin and I note that I'm not the only one complaining.

Anything I loved? Yes, the bottle!
10th July, 2014
This is the scent of a handsome french soldier from WWII. this is what a avant-garde 20th century composer smells like. this is what a noir detective smells like. It is the scent of logic and strategy, maturity. Dark and mysterious, compelling.
11th January, 2014
transcends fad and trends. timeless.

I blind-bought this based on reviews. One of my best blind-buys. It delivers and then some. Absolutely delighted with the complexity and contrasts of this. This makes the tone deaf aquatics and the audibly spicy syrups seem even more adolescent. This is not old-fashioned; it is timeless in the way that Eau Sauvage and Yatagan are timeless. I'm usually skeptical of designer fragrances because they're not about smell; they're low cost entry points into a brand's universe for Brittany and Bubba Spraycheese. The smell-as-brand-experience is invariably a colorful swill wrapped in the lust and luster of backstory and implausible nudity (I'm looking at you, Versace). There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to make a buck off your perfume, even with naked people on cars, rocks, yachts, sun decks, rocks on yachts, sun decks on cars, etc. Duh, it's a business. But Just look at the latest string of embarrassingly cynical and childish releases from Fendi, Gucci, Ferragamo and Versace (weird that they're all Italian). None compare to Ungaro III in attention to layering, blending and sheer range of notes. Ungaro III reflects a commitment to a particular type of experience, not a faddish, brand-resident identity. Many frags have disappeared because they were selling a form of personhood, not a smell. That Ungaro III is still in production and stubbornly popular today is clear evidence of its ability to transcend fashion. This is one of the reasons why Demachy and Polge are the respected figures they are in contemporary perfumery -- because they produce stunners like Ungaro III.

Pros: very sophisticated and cerebral, beautiful, complex
Cons: none"

18th September, 2013

Add your review of Ungaro III

Shop for Ungaro III products online

Shop for Ungaro III at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ungaro III

Member images of Ungaro III

There are no member images of Ungaro III yet. Why not be the first?