Black (2003)
    by Kenneth Cole

Black Fragrance Notes

Shop for Black products online

Reviews of Black

Showing 1 to 6 of 71 reviews.

JithB's avatar
    JithB

Classy

A real classy one. Matches well with the foreverness of summer in the tropics. Love the dry down. Stays long in ur skin. Love this Juize.

21st May, 2013

fragrance123's avatar
    fragrance123

I like this Black a lot although I have decent amount of designer brands. Very soothing to me, the dry down is very nice. Highly recommended by me.

28 April, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

I like the warm spices and citrus I agree with someone else who questioned the name. Black? really? It rises above the generic masses in department stores.

02 March, 2013

tropicalstorm's avatar
    tropicalstorm

I can see that this perfume has aroused strong feelings of "yes" or "no" from it's users. Sweet and fruity. VERY sweet and fruity. But then, that's the beauty of it- ingredients that match and produce a distinct citrusy sweet, (even cloying at the beginning) smell that should have it's own following- especially for those who are looking forward to wearing something like that. OK, let's put it this way- KC Black resembles CK one but, like our good friend Perfume Collector rightly says (about CK one)- it's like mixing fruit juice and splashing it all over yourself; the only advantage being that it is not sticky like fruit juice !! KC Black is a more evolved blend of sweet flavours. And let's not even begin comparing it with 212 sexy men- that one is a disaster. This is the kind of flavour that I wanted to add to my collection- and here it is. I like it!! Thumbs up!!

06 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 09 December, 2012)

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

One of my pre-Basenotes signature scents, I have a difficult time with Kenneth Cole Black now. It's got an explosion of brightness in the topnotes, a mix of mint and ginger and lavender with an almost overwhelming chemical brightness. It's slightly sweet from a mix of fake citrus, that designer "grape drink" note, and that 90's green aquatic chemical smell, but the focus is definitely the brightness.

From there, it has its good days and its bad days. On a good day, I smell nuts and spices and charred cedar, like someone toasting nuts and coffee beans on a campfire with a dark but bright haze of mint and rubbing alcohol surrounding everything. On a bad day, it's like doing laundry, a gross chemical mix of steamy hot detergent and bleach. No matter what, it's intentionally very synthetic, a meeting point between a gross bleachy aquatic and a dark chemical "woody amber". Honestly, knowing what I do now, I don't think I can give Black a good rating - that bleachy smell is pretty unforgivable, but I've had some good times wearing this, so it'll always have a spot in my heart, gross synthetic notes or not.

14 November, 2012

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

a very pleasant citrus scent. good for spring/summer but really that's it. great for the 25 and under crowd.

29 October, 2012