V/S for Men (2000)
    by Versace

V/S for Men Fragrance Notes

Reviews of V/S for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

El Fantástico's avatar
    El Fantástico
    Kiribati Kiribati

A synthetic mockery of what a fresh fragrance should smell like. It smells exactly like a urinal cake. It's very rare that I find a summer fragrance so offensive but all I can think of when I smell this is a New York City subway men's room.

One of the few fragrances I have ever scrubbed off after only 5 minutes.

10th December, 2013

Preston H's avatar
    Preston H

I used to love this as a teenager. I found this going through my old stuff. I put it on, no bueno. It's definitely a buxton it has his signature peppery woody smell. One problem and its a big one, its unbelievably synthetic and cloying. One basenoter had it right, this has way too much going on and it's not even close to being believable. The only reason this doesn't get a huge thumbs down, is because of the great memories I had wearing it ;)

09 May, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar
    The_Cologneist

To me V/S goes down as one of the worst fragrances ever made. This is just one of those colognes that has too many unneeded ingredients. While in the sample vial V/S smells like a common synthetic fragrance, but once it touches your skin it's a mess. It basically smells like paint, thank goodness this stuff doesn't project too much because it would offend a lot of people. Some of the more dominating floral notes begin to come out after its been on your skin for 5 minutes or so and even they are revolting.

I've never been a big Versace fan, but this is the worst one I've tried from their house. I'd keep away from this stuff, then again.. most of you should know how synthetic Versace fragrances are to begin with. I give V/S an F- and a thumbs down.

19 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 21st April, 2010)

foetidus

The opening blast of V / S is quite synthetic and disagreeable. Then it settles down quickly to being synthetic and ordinary. I do determine a couple of semi-interesting things going on underneath the dominant unnaturalness: It might have been an okay scent if the plasticity were reduced, but even with that, it would just be a pleasantly mediocre. The top accord has a modicum of depth and breadth, and the middle handles the floral quite well underneath the plastic. The drydown can’t be saved: it is too weak and nondescript. This scent a mutant – it’s classic in construction but there seems to be no attempt to reduce the modern synthetic nature of the ingredients.

23 August, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

A surprisingly good synthetic sweet cooling fragrance that clashes with the warming spices. Took a while to grow on me but I ended up liking it.

19 June, 2008

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

I like this one! I was expecting a royal mess considering the reviews, but this isn't half bad. The initial spray was veryvery close to Paul Smith Extreme, and it stays close to this scent with the following difference: Paul Smith Extreme has a very powdery nature that can be too soft for a man. V/S instead comes off as the more refined, almost edp version of Paul Smith Extreme that is more suit or tux instead of jeans or jersey. It also has a coolness that hands around forever. In the background, there is a slight, (really slight) lanvin L'Homme/Society for men/Chic by Herrera in there. It's well done. I would recommend it for hot weather, and a heavy application is permissible.

15 April, 2008