Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café (1987)
by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café information

Year of Launch1987
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseComptoir Sud Pacifique

About Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café

Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café is a shared / unisex perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. The scent was launched in 1987

Reviews of Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café

Coffee & Cream...

What I find with this one is that it is probably the most realistic smelling coffee imitation scent I have come across. As with other <i>Comptoir Sud Pacifique</i> scents, it's name is true to the fragrance. A realistic smelling mocha cappuccino, or a vanilla mocha to be exact, hence <i>Vanille Mokha</i>.

The fragrance opens up with a sugary coffee note which hits straight away as being creamy and sweet. I can also detect the roasted coffee accord here. It claims to have three types of coffee accords here: Brazilian, Mexican and Hawaiian. These are coupled with a warm, creamy note of Tahitian vanilla. I find it almost mouth-wateringly delicious.

Being a coffee lover, I think this is a fragrance I could wear often. One thing I like about the <i>Comptoir Sud Pacifique</i> series of gourmands, is that they always bring a smile to my face, and this one is no exception. I have heard that it is discontinued, and I think that this is a shame, as this could be my favourite use of coffee in a perfume. I have tried a few others which use coffee notes, but this fragrance is similar to how I like my coffee: creamy, rich, and sweet. Apart from a real vanilla mocha, this is probably the next best thing.
17th July, 2015
Erok32 Show all reviews
Every prior review is spot on. Freshly brewed coffee with cream and sugar. Very linear and not very versatile, but very good nonetheless.
18th April, 2013
Smells like cappuccino! Hahahaha. What a delicious scent! You're paying exactly for what the name of the fragrance says! Be careful, this one makes your mouth water just because it is so creamy.
21st August, 2011
To me, Vanille Mokha is my favorite among CSP's vanilla line. It smells very yummy. The creamy-sweetness of vanilla together with devine aroma of coffee, I'm in heaven! I'd always on the fence with vanilla note, never a big fan for gourmand scent but this one sound too good to pass so I bought it. Just adore this gem! Such a mood lifter for me. And I found the staying power is good too.(comparing to Amour de Cacao.)
21st January, 2009
bbBD Show all reviews
I'm glad this has been reissued! You'd think that coffee fragrances can't vary much, but Vanille Mokha shares little in common with my other coffee fragrances, A*Men Pure Coffee and Bond No.9 New Haarlem. VM starts off with a straight-up bitter, rich coffee note. This note softens over time, going from an espresso aroma to that of dark roast coffee, to light coffee and eventually to a latte with perhaps one pump of vanilla. Never overly sweet, VM is the first coffee fragrance I've come across that is pretty much just coffee.

If you like gourmands you should definitely grab a bottle while this reissue is available.
29th September, 2008
It smells like a large, iced vanilla latte.
"Not perfumey enough for me, I'd want to eat it," my colleague said, but if you love gourmands, this is a good one.

As Kate says, this is still available - I got mine from scendmescent.com
28th March, 2007

Add your review of Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café

Shop for Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café products online

Search Amazon for Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café

Member images of Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café

There are no member images of Vanille Mokha / Vanille Café yet. Why not be the first?