Varon Dandy (1927)

HouseParera

About Varon Dandy

Varon Dandy is a masculine fragrance by Parera. The scent was launched in 1927

Reviews of Varon Dandy

I picked up a bottle of Varon Dandy (3.3 EDT) again after all these years and am glad I did. Very nice stuff. Sprayed lightly which for me is 2-4 sprays, the initial faux jasmine blast settles very soon into a soapy (for me less "powdery" than soapy) smooth blend. There is indeed a "subtle, Old Spice-like feel" as shamu states but more transparent here in effect than Old Spice (or Jovan Sex Appeal) and for me ultimately better for day to day, a scent that distinguishes itself as an edged fougere with enough dimensionality to satisfy, somehow soapy, subtlely musky, vanillac and am I imagining a faint citrus, wood/patchouli or maybe jasime after all?

Classic and better for me than a lot of the stuff the young (who scoff at Varon Dandy?) may wear. A scent for a gentleman but not a complete gentleman, with enough 'tude factor to make this a scent I'll be using more often again after all these years. Varon Dandy IMO transcends "associations," historical, political, economic, and at least for me, is a scent I'll be wearing. Inexpensive, but not short on character.

10th June, 2011 (last edited: 11th June, 2011)
I Love this old Spanish Classic. It's a Lavendery, very Floral, Powdery scent that stays close to your skin. And it brings back memories of My Youth whenever I wear it. Many Classy, older Latin Men wore this back in the day (60's-70's) I get a lot of compliments wearing this
25th July, 2010
shamu1 Show all reviews
Varon Dandy is an excellent powdery, "dandified" classic old-school fougere. I detect a touch of vanilla in the base, which gives it a subtle, Old Spice-like feel. It's a very simple and linear fragrance - it smells like it's only got like 3 or 4 ingredients: lavender, tonka, vanilla and maybe patchouli - but this scent does not need to be complex. A fragrance I could compare this to would be Royal Lavender Water by Roger & Gallet.

Varon Dandy is very conservative and discreet, but very manly too, in a gentlemanly way. It's a scent that stays very close to the skin, and longevity is merely so-so - about 4 or 5 hours. I like this mainly because it is so comfortable to wear - it's soft, silky, very well blended and never brash or caustic. It succeeds where The Baron fails miserably: in creating a warm, smooth, well-balanced fougere that can be worn very comfortably. Thumbs up for Varon Dandy.

MY RATING IS: 7.5/10
27th May, 2010

Add your review of Varon Dandy

Shop for Varon Dandy products online

Search Amazon for Varon Dandy

Member images of Varon Dandy

There are no member images of Varon Dandy yet. Why not be the first?