Verbena of Provence (1995)
by Jo Malone

Verbena of Provence information

Year of Launch1995

HouseJo Malone
PerfumerJo Malone

About Verbena of Provence

Verbena of Provence is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

Reviews of Verbena of Provence

Alone - very nice.
Mixed with Jo Malone's Vetyver: INCREDIBLE !
01st July, 2010

I never met a verbena that I didn’t like. I would call Jo Malone’s Verbenas de Provence, the best verbena scent I’ve found so far. The verbena note is crystalline and sharp, as it should be, but what makes it special is that this particular one seems to last longer than other verbena notes in other fragrances. When the verbena note is gone, which is always way too soon, the heart notes of juniper berry, cypress, rose, and jasmine do a valiant job of taking over: I get a coniferous note and jasmine accord, which, of course, doesn’t make up for the loss of the verbena, but I appreciate the effort. I don’t smell the roses. The base (sandalwood and oak moss) is warm, woody, and very short lived on my skin. It’s verbena, so of course it gets a thumbs up from me, but this one is particularly excellent. Poor longevity is one of the givens with verbena.

28th November, 2008
Fragrance notes: verbena citronelle, flowers, spice
If you know verbena then you are not surprised at this. What we see is a lemony-green scent, in fact here quite lemony. I don't really think this is a stand-alone scent, it is not especially interesting. But it might work well in the JM layering system.
16th November, 2008
SniffQ Show all reviews
A fragrance to love--and to mix with others. It's light and lovely, doesn't last really long, but it pleasantly woody without being vetiver-ish. It wears well with the nectarine body cream and wearing it with the fig and cassis body cream also works on me. On it's own, it's gone too soon. But a fragrance you can wear anytime and any day.
15th September, 2006

Add your review of Verbena of Provence

Shop for Verbena of Provence products online

Search Amazon for Verbena of Provence

Member images of Verbena of Provence

There are no member images of Verbena of Provence yet. Why not be the first?