Vetiver (1961)
    by Guerlain

Vetiver Fragrance Notes

Vetiver information

This popular fragrance by Guerlain was relaunched in 2000 with new packaging, a new bottle (designed by Robert Granai) and new colour juice. According to Guerlain, the scent remains unchanged and is as good as it ever was.

Shop for Vetiver products online

Reviews of Vetiver

Showing 1 to 6 of 313 reviews.

Captain's avatar
    Captain

I think I'm the only one who prefers the old "dated" bottle. It was lovely!

I'm a woman who wears this, my husband prefers ouds and sandalwood for himself so this is all mine. We've had some above zero days here in the last little while and it's not smoking hot but after the deep freeze of winter, it's down right balmy! Guerlain Vetiver shines in this humid weather.

This is soapy fresh, crisp but powdery and unique. I like that it's not too strong but strong enough. The tobacco isn't that obvious nor dirty, the citrus tempers the earthy vetiver in perfectly balanced amounts.

01st April, 2014

Sybaris's avatar
    Sybaris

Got a sample of this based on reviews.

An earlier review hit it on the head, "smells like a retirement home"

Yes, I get whatever squeeze bottle anti-bacterial soap hospitals use mixed in with pee. Too

bad, I wanted to like it but perhaps it has lost its allure.

22 February, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar
    The_Cologneist

A great soapy, green, clean, vetiver. Ladies and gentleman, if ya wanna know what vetiver smells like, look no further. Guerlain Vetiver is about as "vetiver" as you're gonna get, while still staying fresh and clean. This stuff is an instant classic. Sophisticated, and still very contemporary. A little citrus on top, a little tobacco in the base, but the central note here is vetiver. Longevity is fantastic, as is projection. Make sure you're confident though with this one, it's more for the older gentleman, but I think anybody can pull it off. I am almost 30, and it works very well on me.

13 February, 2014

rum's avatar
    rum
    Greece Greece

This scent is not to be judged purely on its scent. What do I mean? Well, you'll need to understand a bit about modern fragrance history to appreciate this one - it was grounbreaking for its time and brought a whole new dimension to scents.
    Guerlain wanted to capture the scent of the earth after the summer rain and was inspired by nature when he set out to create his first ever scent - Vetiver.
    A grass or root that grows under the ground, the scent of vetiver is spicy and of course earthy. This fragrance is all of that but cleverly wrapped up in citrus and highlighted with notes of tobacco. But this isn't a smoky scent and hence can be appreciated in the warmer months or in wet weather. It fits the inspiration behind it perfectly and is venerated by many as a true classic.

09 January, 2014

gmstrack's avatar
    gmstrack

Vetiver by Guerlain is one of my personal favorites from the historic perfume house. Maybe this is because I’m enamored with the vetiver note and all of its green, smoky depth. This classic combines vetiver with tobacco and a huge dose of nutmeg which results in a “barber shop” feel. “Vetiver” is a must try for vetiver lovers and fans of classics.

Highly recommended, especially for women. 4.5/5

24 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 09 March, 2014)

ClarkScent's avatar
    ClarkScent

Happy Easter

I will wear this every Easter...but not a day between them. It just really smells like Easter to me for some reason..also smells like as if someone poured a bucket of dish detergent on the front lawn.

Pros: I have it in my collection
    Cons: I bought the big bottle"

09 October, 2013