Vetiver Hombre (1998)
    by Adolfo Dominguez

Average Rating: 4

Based on 61 ratings

Vetiver Hombre information

Vetiver Hombre is a men's fragrance by Adolfo Dominguez. The scent was launched in 1998

Reviews of Vetiver Hombre

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

Buysblind's avatar

Nice. A fresh, masculine and clean vetiver. It's definitely on the brighter side, a bit soapy and aromatic, and ultimately, for me, a little bit boring. It's very good for the price however, and I'd choose it over Guerlain's Vetiver or Carven's any day of the week. It performs the green and clean vetiver quite effectively, managing to smell classic without coming across stale. .

Thumbs up for this solid spring and summer vetiver from Adolfo Dominguez. If I was a bigger vetiver fan I'd probably still own this, as it has no particular flaws and seems to accomplish exactly what it set out to do.

16 May, 2014

silentrich's avatar

Having worn this for a couple of weeks now, I can honestly say that this is one of the best vetiver's I've had the pleasure of wearing. It's along the lines of TF Grey Vetiver, but this one smells more natural to me and shockingly I like it quite a bit more. It has an earthyness to the vetiver with a touch of soapyness. It's like combining Grey Vetiver and Original Vetiver and adding a green earthy note. Fantastic stuff!

24 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 02 April, 2013)

xenixmacos's avatar

India India

I purchased this bottle on a 'Oh what the hell' basis after reading basenotes reviews.
    I liked the packaging, and the simple green bottle with the dull metal cap.
    The first time I sprayed on the vetiver, I got a blast of something I'd never smelt before (i.e vetiver itself). Here in my country we use Vetiver to make a cooling drink for hot seasons, so getting to smell it in a scent was a nose-opener!

There is a distinct soapy nature - there is no denying it, and it stays along with a herbal essence mix for a longish period. I was a bit apprehensive at first, and thought I'd be driving people away.
    The first time I sprayed it on, I asked my wife - who had not whiffed anything like it before, about her take on it, and she said -" It's fresh and different!"
    It has been three weeks now, and I find Vetiver Hombre to be an unusual scent, that just keeps pulling on your grey cells to recall and associate what the nose is smelling. It is remarkably fresh, and not offensive. The soapy aroma fades in a little while, and you are left with a subtle, pleasant, fresh smell of vetiver for a goodish amount of time( 7 hours for me).
    Thumbs up all the way.

28 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 March, 2012)

jhclare's avatar

Where's the vetiver?

All I get a a very generic "fresh" cologne smell that I've smelt a million times before. No grassy earthiness at all!

I know how Vetiver should smell - I've tried Guerlain, Frederic Malle's Extraordinaire, and the wonderful Claus Porto soap with Vetiver. All have the same wonderful note, which is not present here.

Very disappointed.

John

02 February, 2012

ericrico's avatar

Wonderful, clean, uplifting and natural vetiver! This smells so very different from the dark and brooding scents that have taken a large portion of the vetiver market. I love a lot of those dark and brooding vetivers - don't get me wrong - but this is almost like the "essence of vetiver" that would shine in warmer weather (but could be worn year-round). It is a mood changer - and will bring a smile to your face.

This is so pure, clean and simple - yet that is what makes it shine. Buddy97's review hits all the points...I am not going to compare this to the benchmark of Guerlain, because it is not a composition of citrus, vetiver, tobacco, and other notes like the "standard" of all vetivers offers.

It is so fresh and pleasant - kudos to Adolfo Dominguez, who is putting Spain proudly on the map with this offering in the "ocean" of vetivers. In a way, this fragrance sets a standard itself...in this case, "less" is more. Wow! 8.5+/10 and a strong recommendation to anyone who wants to simply smell good and not have to think about scent pyramids.

30th December, 2011

Buddy97's avatar

Ireland Ireland

My first vetiver, purchased on holidays in Spain some years ago, it set the bar very high for those following and I have yet to find anything superior. I have since purchased Guerlain Vetiver and truly enjoy it, but find that is less of a true Vetiver than this, which is Vetiver as it was meant to be, raw and natural.

Green, earthy and herbal, with longlasting soapy vetiver throughout, this always brings a smile to my face and raises my spirits. Sillage is lowish but it has good longevity, albeit a skin level. The epitome of Meditteranean summerness, an absolute masterpiece. I love it to bits; it can be difficult enough to find but I have just received another bottle from my dear wife on her return from the Canaries. Cannot reccomend this highly enough.

28 May, 2011