Vétyver (1974)

HouseRoger & Gallet
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Vétyver

Vétyver is a masculine fragrance by Roger & Gallet. The scent was launched in 1974

Reviews of Vétyver

Yes, of course this is an easy take on citrus and vetiver but there is something incredibly exotic and fascinating in this old school cologne, probably just set in our arcane memory about left back ages and daring men of the past. It conjures at me sunny cool mornings with those tall charming men coming to me in order to caress or cuddle. The juice is sharp, sunny, lemony, balanced, optimistic, fresh, clean and airy. The green aromatic elements and the note of tobacco-tonka are incredibly balanced and modulated, the vetiver is fluidy and lemony and a touch of amber and cedary soft powder close the round at the end. I detect some orange and some culinary herbs (may be mint, oregano, rosemary, thyme etc). Probably some restrained floral elements (geranium, carnation?) flank the central vetiver soul of the juice. The final touch of mildness is moderate, herbal and just a bit soapy. The duration is obviously faint as common to an eau de cologne.
15th November, 2012 (last edited: 19th December, 2013)
Simple and flat citrus vetiver. As bright as a welldone cheeseburger. No one will ever tell you that it is no good but do not wait for compliments when wearing it.
10th February, 2010
I'm not generally a fan of vetyver. Like odysseum, it's that deep soap note that doesn't agree with me - in both its original and re-done formulations Guerlain's vetyver, held high as one of THE all time classics by many, makes me turn my nose up in disgust. R&G's vetyver is much fresher and the accompanying strong citrus notes add something different and make it less stuffy than the competition. Unfortunately, as with most R&G releases, the longevity is very disappointing and on my skin it's gone completely within two hours. So, very nice juice, but doesn't last.
07th January, 2010
Simple, yet lovely vetyver. Each time I get out of the shower I spray it all over me. It is clean, pleasant, well composed and refined. Makes me feel good and refreshed each time I apply it. My kids love it too. Longevity is short but I don't care, its main purpose is to make you feel good about yourself.
11th July, 2009
A simple and unsullied fragrance, that despite its brevity, provides a version of vetiver that is clean and crisp. There is a cogent argument for picking R&Gs version of vetiver ahead of more famous and popular brands. Where many vetivers contain additional notes to enhance the sense of earthiness, this version simply maintains its one glorious note. None of the additional ingredients shove the vetiver from the spotlight, they merely add a light distraction to the proceedings, never intruding, just harmonizing. Everything about this is gossamer light, from the citrus opening, to the floral and cedar notes later on. If you are a fan of vetivers, and you like your fragrances to be uncomplicated and subtle, this may very well be the one for you.
28th May, 2009
The best citrus and vetiver ever made (and I've so far smelled). If the tobacco note in Guerlain Vetiver is offputting, look no further and R&G's version, miles better. The haunting vetiver drydown is fleeting albiet a good one. Unfortunately lacks strength in EdC form but wonderful none the less. Get a bottle, get a small atomizer and refresh yourself all day. So good!
14th November, 2008

Add your review of Vétyver

Shop for Vétyver products online

Shop for Vétyver at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vétyver

Member images of Vétyver

There are no member images of Vétyver yet. Why not be the first?