Wellington Cologne (1876)

Wellington Cologne information

Year of Launch1876

HouseGeo F Trumper

About Wellington Cologne

Wellington Cologne is a masculine fragrance by Geo F Trumper. The scent was launched in 1876

Wellington Cologne fragrance notes

Reviews of Wellington Cologne

I bought this "blind" and it was in the middle of winter. It is a relatively light scent and to begin with I was underwhelmed.

However after using it this spring and summer, I have become a convert. It's an ascetic mix of restrained citrus and bitter herbs. It feels great just after a shave and really helps with razor burn.

Longevity on me is average as is projection. It's more of a personal scent.
16th October, 2019 (last edited: 17th October, 2019)
A mature citrus cologne..classy and British. Immediately i get a minty citrus vibe that can be loud and punchy this obviously does mellow out..great after an early morning shave to awaken the senses with a wonderful eucalyptus note that is lovely and bracing..strong on the rosemary and signature citrus accords by trumpers..has many similarities to penhaligons blenhiem bouquet and they are both exquisite and have differences that sway people's opinions. Wellington is a must for people that like citrus and mint. Performance is very good on my skin.
14th June, 2016 (last edited: 21st February, 2019)
Marais Show all reviews
No sex please, we're British

A rather strait-laced affair of clean lemon, on a background of herbs (mainly verbena and rosemary) and woods. Overall, it is quite dry and somewhat antiseptic. There is a definite similarity to Blenheim Bouquet but Wellington predates it by over 25 years. Despite its mid-Victorian origins, this isn't just for wearers of starched clerical and Gladstone collars; it seems to fit today's sterile sensibilities well. More specifically, I see this suiting physiotherapists, gynaecologists and anyone else keen to avoid intimations of sexuality.

It comes in a glass shaker bottle; the opening is small enough to make over-application difficult by even the clumsiest klutz. Sillage is restrained but longevity is quite good at about 6 hours from a vigorous spattering.

Pros: Composed
Cons: Staid"

13th October, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
A longevity monster amongst Colognes

That bright summery top note combines a restrained lemon, a full-on neroli and a rosemary note, that in the drydown turns greener. This transforms into a mint aroma with a hint of eucalyptus, and after an aldehydic phase a strong pine note develops that I find indeed convincing. This is more that a traditional summer cologne; more complex and interesting by far. Additionally, on my skin it has great projection and excellent silage - and they last! Even more surprising, a - for a Cologne on me the longevity is a crazy seven hours. Being used to respray Colognes and most Creeds every hour or two - my annual bill for Hermes' EdOV is shameful - this is the most long-lasting Cologne I can recall for years. A Cologne of seminal characteristics and quality.

Pros: Longevity
Cons:

18th June, 2013
Wow, I'm just not enjoying Wellington very much. Candied lemon and bergamot on top mix with a mentholated pine-ish note to smell like some sort of over-sweetened lemon cough drop. Eventually, the lemon candy fades to a scratchy, dusty verbena that just sort of sits next to a weird, slightly "off" piney wood smell.

And that's about it. I'm not getting any magic or depth, just dusty old wood and lemon cleaner and sweet cough drops. Perhaps a much-needed reminder that not every surviving classic is a masterpiece...
22nd March, 2013
Wooohh this one comes out swinging with a lovely lemony neroli orange. I can also detect a floral rosemary accord. The lemon in this instantly reminded me of when I was in Thailand having a drink in a outside bar. One hot night one of those exotic maidens of that land placed a cool towel fragranced with lemon onto my hot brow. Lol

I like this one a lot as it is so well blended. I love the way the lemon, orange, neroli and rosemary pine go well together.
15th January, 2012

Add your review of Wellington Cologne

Shop for Wellington Cologne products online

Geo F Trumper Wellington Eau de Cologne (100ml)

End Date: Sunday Mar-15-2020 7:23:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TWO Vials GEO F TRUMPER EDP Cologne EDT Sample Vial Carded 1.5ml Pick Scent!

End Date: Sunday Mar-22-2020 18:38:32 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.99

Geo F. Trumper WELLINGTON Cologne 1.75 ounce 50ml NWOB Tester

End Date: Monday Mar-23-2020 19:27:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Member images of Wellington Cologne

There are no member images of Wellington Cologne yet. Why not be the first?

Fragrances launched in the same year as Wellington Cologne (1876)

Features relating to Wellington Cologne