X for Men (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseClive Christian
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About X for Men

X for Men is a masculine fragrance by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

X for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of X for Men

X gets a thumbs up but there is nothing here that warrants the price. I like the cinnamon cardamom and cedar combination, but something is missing. Like a song with all bass notes, this is missing a treble chord. Something like orange oil or even bergamot would balance this better. Nice fragrance but at $400/bottle, it falls short. Dry-down is MUCH nicer, after 15 min. the cedar comes out more, giving some "treble notes" to the otherwise bass note frag.
UPDATE:
Projection/Sillage is horrible. I spritzed 3, couldn't smell unless I lifted my collar. Spritzed 2 more, Now I catch thin whisps of it. My wife had to bury her nose in my neck to smell. Even at a discount price of $250/50mls, I'd go through a bottle in a week trying to get some projection. Not worth the price.
26th July, 2017 (last edited: 31st July, 2017)
Starts off with balsamic cardamom with sourness, then starts fading pretty quickly. Not for me at this price.
21st April, 2017
Stardate 20161005:

I dislike this house and its SAs. Pretentious and stretching truth - more so than the others.
But this one is a good fragrance. Kinda like Ormonde Jayne man.
Does not last long but it is good while it lasts. The pepper and cardamom play very well together.
Pretty linear and expensive.
05th October, 2016
X for Men is my favorite of the Clive Christian perfumes from testing at their fragrance counters. The overall accord strikes me as just ok, a little sour, but up close the individual ingredients smell interesting.
24th July, 2016
I must note, that the "Costume National Homme" which has similar fragrance, has caused me some red points in the spraid place after using on of my both wrist.It must be very synthetical, and therefore can be must more cheaper.May be than it is similar fragrance, as Clive Christian X , but CCH X may be avoid the synthetic ingridients, because of after using
it I haven't any skin problem.
Great for Winter, cooler days, and nights.Great longevity, and sillage.
16th June, 2016
a very poor performer, notes mixed together resulting in a "wall of scent" type concoction, so expensive for what?
19th January, 2016