XS pour Homme (1993)

PerfumerGérard Anthony
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About XS pour Homme

This ever popular fresh fragrance was launched in 1993 and has been a favourite ever since. A female version 'XS pour Elle' followed a year later. In 2000, XS has another family member: 'XS eXtreme'- XS with a twist! packaged in a glass bottle with 'Zippo' Style lid.

XS pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of XS pour Homme

Smells like a very cheap toiletcleaner to me. Horrible stuff.

29th June, 2016
This was a gift. I would almost give it a thumbs sideways because it has nice moments during the development, and it's a loud scent that could get you attention if you wanted; but ultimately it just doesn't smell that good to me, and no one around me has ever really liked it either.

Still, there are some good moments in the development of the fragrance.
08th October, 2014
Genre: Fougère

My favorite part of XS pour Homme is the perky green opening, with its satisfying balance of chemical-free fruity and herbaceous notes that never once suggest food. The wood and spice middle section, with its juniper berry seasoning, feels a little bit hollow to me, but I give it credit for avoiding the grating masculine cliché of artificial pencil shavings that I feared would follow. If the green top notes persisted with greater strength at XS pour Homme’s heart, I’d be more enthusiastic, but the scent remains more serviceable than stimulating for most of its duration. (Interestingly enough, the bucolic pleasures of the opening hang together much better on paper than on my skin.)

The drydown of cedar and clean musk is simple and mercifully restrained compared to others of its type, but it’s too polite to hold my attention. Perhaps longer acquaintance would reveal hidden wonders in XS. The trouble is, what I smell on the first couple of wearings doesn’t leave me curious enough to keep on trying. There are just too many intriguing scents waiting to be worn for me to give any more of my days to this one.

09th July, 2014
FINALLY! I tried the original XS. This is one that I have been waiting to smell for years, and just never got around to it. I broke down recently and bought a couple samples off Ebay. First and foremost, I think Creed Himalaya is a pretty nice fragrance, I just don't see the similarities here. They both have a metallic smell, that's about it. In all honesty, XS smells a lot more like Creed Royal Water than anything. It opens up with that dark citrus/woods/cypress. The thing that separates it from the 2 is a noticeable mint note here, but when it hits the floral notes, it smells more like geranium than mint to me. A couple minutes in, and the musk is really showing. It smoothly transitions into what smells like a slightly soapy/woodsy/cypress musk, the mint has become rather muted in the background. A little further in, and some of the herbal notes come more to the front. The dry down and base notes is much nicer than the opening for me in this, just simply nice and clean. Soapy, fresh, woodsy, and a little watery, very simple, but also common. The base kind of disappears suddenly for me, I get about 6 hours of longevity here, but after 4, there isn't much left. XS really has that early 90's smell. That common musk/woodsy clean combo. It's just ok to me, glad I didn't blind buy a bottle of this, because it wouldn't have gotten much wear from me. I'm probably reviewing this one a bit too soon, as I have only worn it 2 or 3 times now. I need to try and pick up more from the base notes, so I may revise this. As it stands now, it's just mediocre to me, and barely at that. I guess I had high expectations and feel a bit let down.
13th May, 2014
love this juice, much better then the black ..a true gem!
05th December, 2012
I don´t know why this frag is so famous...
Smells like a lot of cheap fragrances, and my girlfriend hates this smell, so... rate:1.5/5.0
20th November, 2012

Add your review of XS pour Homme

Shop for XS pour Homme products online

Shop for XS pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for XS pour Homme

Member images of XS pour Homme

There are no member images of XS pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?