Yang (1999)

Based on 90 ratings

Yang information

Yang is a men's fragrance by Jacques Fath. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Yang

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.

silentrich's avatar

Smells like a the tea note in SMW with a spicy cardamom note. I don't get any powder in this at all, but agree that it has a lotion type quality to it. Also can see the comparison's to Cartier Declaration. I'm a tea fan and really enjoy wearing tea fragrances, but this one just doesn't work on my skin. It's not bad, but I can think of a lot of other tea based fragrances that are quite a bit better.

07th September, 2012 (Last Edited: 22nd January, 2013)

Bigsly's avatar

I have the new version, which may explain the diverse reviews. To me, the drydown on this is more along the lines who talk about tea with jam and honey. I don't get strong wood or any kind of "lotion" quality. It doesn't smell "dirty" or animalic in any way. If it's smoky that must in the top notes, and I get little if any citrus. It's not musky and the spices are gentle/subtle. It smells very pleasant and the sweetness doesn't get cloying. There is no nasty synthetic musk used, nor do I detect iso e super. Projection was at least good and longevity was excellent. More for the niche crowd and certainly has unisex potential.

01st September, 2012

LiveJazz's avatar

I like green scents, and I sort of like powdery scents. But green powder? Not so much. I don't know what it is - perhaps it just doesn't agree with my skin, but the smell makes me feel very uncomfortable. And it seems to be the main note in Yang.

I find Yang to be very similar in many respects to Cartier's Declaration, but I like that scent a lot more. They share a strong cardamom presence and both have a rather powdery finish to them. But where Yang verges green and dense, Declaration verges woody and sheer, and that makes all the difference.

13th May, 2010

lex's avatar

was expecting tea but all i get is lotion.its nice though

18th February, 2009 (Last Edited: 31st March, 2009)

SirSlarty's avatar

This smells like a greener, slightly citrusy Declaration. Has an "ugly" feel to it but I think that's the point behind it. Dark woody tea, not a clear brisk tea.

22nd December, 2008

JaimeB's avatar

This smells more green and hay-like (coumarinic) to me than any of the pyramid notes would suggest, I suppose the green tea and cardamom-usk combination might fool my nose into imagining that. This is a very fine and subtly constructed scent. I think some people are put off by the impression that this is not very tea-like; this is immaterial to me, not being much of a tea scents fan. Edwards calls this a woody-oriental, but it has something of a fougère feel to my nose. I find it to have a moderate sillage for a while, but not an extraordinary longevity. Still, I would rate it a pleasant and nicely constructed scent. I find it somewhat reminiscent of 1998's Fath pour l'Homme (Olivier Gillotin, who also did Cereus No.7 Dior Higher and Higher Black, and the new Ed Hardy Men). I find that same slightly acerbic hay note in pour l'Homme, too; I do think, however, that I find pour l'Homme slightly preferable to this one.

13th September, 2008