Yang (1999)

Parent CompanyStar Fragrances International

About Yang

Yang is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Fath. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Yang

I don't get the "tea" note at all. For me, this is a typical "oceanic" type scent, most prevalent in the early 2000s, one that has many many identical copies out there and none of them with any character.

There is a blue, watery note, combined with a green herbal note and underneath it all, a slightly acrid wood note.

It's extremely light and not very long lasting, which is a blessing if you try a sample and wish you hadn't.

Innocuous, uninteresting, and nothing special.
04th February, 2015
Smells like a the tea note in SMW with a spicy cardamom note. I don't get any powder in this at all, but agree that it has a lotion type quality to it. Also can see the comparison's to Cartier Declaration. I'm a tea fan and really enjoy wearing tea fragrances, but this one just doesn't work on my skin. It's not bad, but I can think of a lot of other tea based fragrances that are quite a bit better.
07th September, 2012 (last edited: 22nd January, 2013)
Bigsly Show all reviews
I have the new version, which may explain the diverse reviews. To me, the drydown on this is more along the lines who talk about tea with jam and honey. I don't get strong wood or any kind of "lotion" quality. It doesn't smell "dirty" or animalic in any way. If it's smoky that must in the top notes, and I get little if any citrus. It's not musky and the spices are gentle/subtle. It smells very pleasant and the sweetness doesn't get cloying. There is no nasty synthetic musk used, nor do I detect iso e super. Projection was at least good and longevity was excellent. More for the niche crowd and certainly has unisex potential.
01st September, 2012
I like green scents, and I sort of like powdery scents. But green powder? Not so much. I don't know what it is - perhaps it just doesn't agree with my skin, but the smell makes me feel very uncomfortable. And it seems to be the main note in Yang.

I find Yang to be very similar in many respects to Cartier's Declaration, but I like that scent a lot more. They share a strong cardamom presence and both have a rather powdery finish to them. But where Yang verges green and dense, Declaration verges woody and sheer, and that makes all the difference.
13th May, 2010
lex Show all reviews
was expecting tea but all i get is lotion.its nice though
18th February, 2009 (last edited: 31st March, 2009)
This smells like a greener, slightly citrusy Declaration. Has an "ugly" feel to it but I think that's the point behind it. Dark woody tea, not a clear brisk tea.
22nd December, 2008

Add your review of Yang

Shop for Yang products online

Search Amazon for Yang

Member images of Yang

There are no member images of Yang yet. Why not be the first?