Zino Davidoff (1986)

HouseDavidoff
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBeecham Group > Beecham Cosmetics

About Zino Davidoff

Zino Davidoff is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 1986

Zino Davidoff fragrance notes

Reviews of Zino Davidoff

This review applies only to the original version (DAVIDOFF in script and not in all caps block letters). I wore this fragrance all the time back in the early 90's and it always got compliments from everyone around me. Not only was it unlike anything else people were wearing at the time, the longevity and projection was enormous on it.

When I ran out, I bought it again and it had been reformulated - nasty, terrible stuff that got instantly thrown away. Luckily, some original formula can still be found so I purchased some recently and it's still just as perfect as it was back then.
28th February, 2017
techt Show all reviews
Exactly the same result as with Montblanc Individual, Zino Davidoff smells like rotten fruit, flowers. It's an instant scrubber for me. I can't understand how people could like it and all the positive reviews make no sense to me at all.
17th February, 2017
I regret giving away my bottle of this wonderful scent from Davidoff!

Zino is warm, woody, with a tasteful amount of sweetness that comes across as classy to me. It has a classic men's cologne character to it, but not cloyingly so.

16th December, 2016
Close to perfect! In my opinion this one is a notch better than joop or montblanc individuel . The element of patchouli makes it more sophisticated , mature and manly than the above . Amazing scent. Fruity, spicy and woody at the same time.Not too sweet, not too sharp. Very well balanced.
Women would love this on a middle aged man, no kidding. Winter or fall, office or club.Very versatile.
And I can't believe it is so cheap.
10th December, 2016
Stardate 20161123:

Vintage version-

A sophisticated fragrance for office wear. Rosewood, SW, Vanilla and Amber mixed just right.
A bit sweeter than Guerlain's Heritage and not as good but hardly anything is.
I would get this now as vintage is getting harder to find.

23rd November, 2016
I find Zino subtle, and not very interesting, a light presentation of the listed notes. For this type of sandalwood (or sandal) smell, backed by sweetness, Tiffany for Men or Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble could be better options.

Update: Wearing this again 9 months later, I'm getting more of a roasted or burned patchouli and woods smell. Today, I would say it's closer to Oscar de Rente pour Homme, Escada Pour Homme, or Pacoma Gatsby than Tiffany for Men, but I can see where I was coming from. Even Rochas Lui is somewhat in this style, although I find Rochas Lui more modern and cloying.

My liking for it has not changed. It's ok, but not great. The regular Davidoff by Davidoff released a couple years earlier is better suited to my tastes.
22nd July, 2016 (last edited: 12th April, 2017)

Add your review of Zino Davidoff

Shop for Zino Davidoff products online

Shop for Zino Davidoff at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Zino Davidoff

Member images of Zino Davidoff

There are no member images of Zino Davidoff yet. Why not be the first?