Zino Davidoff (1986)

Zino Davidoff information

Zino Davidoff is a men's fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 1986

Shop for Zino Davidoff products online

Reviews of Zino Davidoff

Showing 1 to 6 of 83 reviews.

Gerard_Butler's avatar

Simply stunning. Pure bliss bottled. Smells like how it smells when you are making love to a beautiful woman.

Appropriate only for the most special of evenings.

Dark, smokey, animalic, leathery, boozy, vanillic, spicy, woody, creamy. This is it. Thank you Zino.

20th October, 2014 (Last Edited: 21st October, 2014)

Colin Maillard's avatar

Testing Zino Davidoff (which now I happily own among my scents) has been one of those moments that reminded me why I like perfumes and testing new things all the time, without prejudices. I did not know this fragrance to be honest, until I received a miniature. I quite enjoy Davidoff tobacco, but I did not really think Zino Davidoff (the scent) was worth any rush to test it... well however last night I applied some on my hand just for curiosity, and – wow! – the very first thing that came to my mind was: this smells *great*. It surprised me – like it happens to me really once in a while. To make things clear before talking about notes and comparisons, the most immediate, solid and sound quality of Zino Davidoff is that it smells terribly, irresistibly, undeniably good. Then, it's also a totally peculiar scent, it just imprints itself in your memory from the very fist sniff. The people which compare this to Dior Homme are right in my opinion: in fact, it somehow smells like an "uncle" of Dior Homme, a desaturated, more mature and somehow darker version of Dior's contemporary classic. Which in 1988 is quite avantgarde. Basically, Zino Davidoff is a rose-patchouli woody scent with an overall dusty sweetness, creamy notes of sandalwood and ylang, and "something" all around which smells halfway tobacco and soft modern leather (but it's neither of the two). Superb drydown, cozy and refined, worth the waiting and as much beautiful as the opening. Not a powerhouse despite the age, fairly different from more canonic fougères: actually it's quite more similar to early '90s brighter/sweeter masculine scents, but even more modern than those, and also "manlier" somehow. Warm, versatile, cozy and relaxed, masculine for sure but with a subtle feminine vein (like Ténéré by Rabanne, to which in fact, Zino Davidoff slightly resembles to some extents). Not intrusive or challenging, but as I said, it's quite unique, so better test it and familiarise with it before eventually purchasing it – not a predictable and safe crowdpleaser for sure. An underrated beauty!

30th July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

Zino Davidoff starts out with a very bold lavender and citrus accord that recalls old-school standards like Bois du Portugal, The Third Man, and even Jicky (without the civet). Some sweet spices and woods join in over the next few minutes, followed quickly by a very rich and rounded rose note. Settling into its heart, Zino Davidoff becomes a sweetened rose and wood scent, seasoned with geranium and resting on an oriental base of vanilla and smooth sandalwood.

Zino Davidoff does not turn soapy as it dries down, as does Bois du Portugal, nor does it veer toward hyper-masculine leather in the manner of, say, Antaeus. It seems to me instead quite balanced - even classical - in its poised approach to the woody oriental genre. Granted, Zino Davidoff is potent, especially in its first few minutes, but it evolves into a versatile and wearable scent that's far less overwhelming than its oriental successors Opium, A*Men, Le Mâle, and Pi. These days Zino Davidoff is underused, under-rated, and deserving of a wider public.

09 July, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

I bought this cologne way back in the 1980's and I loved it then. I bought it again about 4 months ago and I am glad I did. I love the leathery/sweet aroma and the dry down is magnificent. It is perfect for cool weather like today. It makes me and my nose very happy.

27 March, 2014

marcuslaughter's avatar

How funny to think that in 1990, as an 13 year old, I was wearing this very manly fragrance, and imagining myself as James Bond. I can remember back then thinking how this would go great with a sweater in the wintertime and would most certainly sweep any girl off her feet. Sadly, the first girl that got close enough to smell this on me, probably instantly thought of her father or grandfather, and complained about it. In college, I still had the bottle, and stupidly traded it for a bottle of Nautica or something like that, as I recall. Thankfully, I was able to find a bottle at TJ Maxx not long ago, and smelled it again, and can happily report that this is still as good today as it was to my overly-developed 13 year old nose back in 1990. If you can find it, buy it. It is a classic to me, even though I probably only wear it a few times a year... a happy memories scent, to be sure.

24 December, 2013

lt114's avatar

This scent takes me right back to my childhood, evoking plenty of pleasant memories. Definitely a powerhouse scent for me with strong projection and longevity. Nothing unisex at all here. The bergamont and rosewood hit me right from the start, and although the lavender and vanilla show up later on, the top notes last until the end for me. My only complaint is that Zino is a bit linear for me. This is still a must try for any guy out there.

16 March, 2013

Add your review of Zino Davidoff

Search for on eBay United States

** ZINO ** DAVIDOFF 4.2 oz Men edt Cologne New In Box !
    • Time Left: 15 days