Zino Davidoff (1986)
    by Davidoff

Zino Davidoff Fragrance Notes

Shop for Zino Davidoff products online

Reviews of Zino Davidoff

Showing 1 to 6 of 80 reviews.

RUDOLFO512's avatar
    RUDOLFO512

I bought this cologne way back in the 1980's and I loved it then. I bought it again about 4 months ago and I am glad I did. I love the leathery/sweet aroma and the dry down is magnificent. It is perfect for cool weather like today. It makes me and my nose very happy.

27 March, 2014

marcuslaughter's avatar
    marcuslaughter

How funny to think that in 1990, as an 13 year old, I was wearing this very manly fragrance, and imagining myself as James Bond. I can remember back then thinking how this would go great with a sweater in the wintertime and would most certainly sweep any girl off her feet. Sadly, the first girl that got close enough to smell this on me, probably instantly thought of her father or grandfather, and complained about it. In college, I still had the bottle, and stupidly traded it for a bottle of Nautica or something like that, as I recall. Thankfully, I was able to find a bottle at TJ Maxx not long ago, and smelled it again, and can happily report that this is still as good today as it was to my overly-developed 13 year old nose back in 1990. If you can find it, buy it. It is a classic to me, even though I probably only wear it a few times a year... a happy memories scent, to be sure.

24 December, 2013

lt114's avatar
    lt114

This scent takes me right back to my childhood, evoking plenty of pleasant memories. Definitely a powerhouse scent for me with strong projection and longevity. Nothing unisex at all here. The bergamont and rosewood hit me right from the start, and although the lavender and vanilla show up later on, the top notes last until the end for me. My only complaint is that Zino is a bit linear for me. This is still a must try for any guy out there.

16 March, 2013

drseid's avatar
    drseid

Zino opens with a smooth bergamot and rosewood tandem. The rosewood hangs around into the heart joined by a somewhat synthetic supporting rose and wormwood duo that begins to turn powdery later-on driven by an artificial smelling vanilla rising from the base. The scent becomes a slightly sweet sandalwood and powdery vanilla double feature in the dry-down stage, with remnants of the rosewood remaining and a just slightly dirty patchouli underpinning the starring notes late. Projection and longevity are both average, with the scent lasting 6-8 hours on skin.

Zino has quite the cult following and while I first tried it when it was released over 20 years ago and disliked it back then I hoped to have changed my opinion after all the high praise lauded on it over the years. That said, I am afraid my opinion hasn't changed one iota. Something about the powdery vanilla, rosewood and sandalwood combination just does not sit well with me (most likely the powder is the culprit). I did like the bergamot and rosewood open that for just a moment had me thinking I might change my mind, but alas Zino is just not for me and I can't force myself to like it no matter how far in the minority I may be. Zino is worth a sample if you can still find one to sniff for yourself, but I cannot recommend this 2.5 star out of 5 discontinued release, especially as it now commands relatively high prices on the resale market.

17 January, 2013

addyeddy's avatar
    addyeddy

Bought this as a blind buy from the discount chain Wilkinsons in the UK for £20. It's a really great fragrance,strong yet not overpowering, and reminds me a little of a less sweet Pi by Givenchy. Doesn't smell dated at all.

10th January, 2013

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

Zino has an underlying sweetness without tilting into gourmand territory. It has enough variety to appeal to an eclectic cross-section of buyers: old schoolers will enjoy the oomph, longevity and woody floral character that we enjoy in Iquitos or Salvador Dali; younger wearers used to Dunkin' Donuts pyramids will appreciate the vanilla/tonka/amber drydown; those admiring boozy, unique masculines will get off on the well-blended almost rum-like note that emerges in the heart. Nice work if you can get it.

20th December, 2012