Zino Davidoff (1986)

HouseDavidoff
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBeecham Group > Beecham Cosmetics

About Zino Davidoff

Zino Davidoff is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 1986

Zino Davidoff fragrance notes

Reviews of Zino Davidoff

This is one of those scents which does not smell particularly good up close, on the skin. Like Giorgio For Men, Givenchy Gentleman, Zizanie, and Oscar de la Renta Lui, it has a pronounced puff of aggressive and marginally offensive ash/powder/dust/talc if you let it too near your nose. Like those others, though, from a distance of 20cm that dust is perceived as something delightful. Much as theatre actors' makeup tends to look absurd and grotesque up close, but works from the stalls.

A business scent, then. If anybody's nose is getting closer than 20cm to my chest, it's probably a done deal by then.

The adjective pyramid:

top: dynamic, resourceful
mid: experienced, educated, bold
base: suave, inflexible, arrogant.
23rd January, 2016
I am still unsure about Zino Davidoff. The trouble I am having is that some days I love it and some days I find it unpleasant. How strange.

I would like to make a comparison. For me this smells a lot like Chanel's Pour Monsieur. The Chanel offering is a bit more refined but considering the price difference that is to be expected. At its best Zino smells like a 30 year old bag of classic sweets. I find it to be soapy and sometimes a little creamy. I would describe it as a strong traditional masculine with a twist. This is strong stuff and one or two sprays is enough or I find it cloying. I get good projection and longevity from this one so it ticks the boxes in that department.

The bottle leaves a lot to be desired for me. The main body is almost classy but the contrasting plastic lid lets it down and detracts from the appearance.

Overall I can see why this is an appreciated fragrance and although I think it could have been more elegantly refined, I can see myself growing to appreciate it more over time. A good offering if you want a good quality traditional masculine with that little extra something that stands out.
19th January, 2016
Zino is an odd charmer. From farther off it smells almost entirely of patchouli with some sort of shade cast over it. In this regard it immediately reminded me of Furyo by Jacques Bogart and Salvador Dali Pour Homme. Draw close to the skin, however, and it seems to have more in common with scents like Escada Pour Homme, its stark woodiness replaced with a crumbly-dry and somewhat boozy vanilla-amber. Judging by the first minute I was assured that this would be an explosive fragrance, the kind that make one feel a little self-conscious when overapplied, but the opening transitions nicely into the heart in very little time and Zino becomes a warm, caramelly aura. Excellent stuff, and not just for the price.
15th January, 2016
Although I do like this scent the dry down is a slightly "Zestier" version of BMen by TMugler. Not that it's a bad thing just for reference if you own BMen then you may want to steer away for Zino.... Well unless you love BMen and want to get this as a zesty companion scent. I am sure the price of Zino is half of what you would pay for BMen. Enjoy.
13th August, 2015
Salutation.

ZINO says i am Modest,Romantic,Elegant and Attractive and I would say it is full of DAVIDOFF beautiful too.A sophisticated in Classic way.I personally find it simply Perfect.

When my father bought this one i was really addicted with this scent.first i can smell a little fresh.Middle notes is really Charming/Warm and A little feminine too.A beautiful product,A lovely scent.

A AUTUMN/WINTER scent and I think this cologne is suitable for Everyage and perfect for wearning at every occasion chiefly for INTIMATE and OFFICE.one word do you want to feel like a Confident&Smart man?Then ZINO may be the answer.

SILLAGE?Good.

LONGEVITY?Is not great on my skin but i still like it.

7.5/10
02nd July, 2015
I wore Zino to my very first job after college and it was the only fragrance I owned for my first year of work. I recall that I also only owned two suits back then and didn't care because I felt, dressed and smelled like I had success.

25 years on, and I own a dozen or more suits and fragrances, but a bottle of Zino has always been atop my wardrobe. Great value today at less than $25. Blind buy this and you'll be glad you did.
12th February, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)

Add your review of Zino Davidoff

Shop for Zino Davidoff products online

Shop for Zino Davidoff at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Zino Davidoff

Member images of Zino Davidoff

There are no member images of Zino Davidoff yet. Why not be the first?