Zino Davidoff (1986)

HouseDavidoff
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBeecham Group > Beecham Cosmetics

About Zino Davidoff

Zino Davidoff is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 1986

Zino Davidoff fragrance notes

Reviews of Zino Davidoff

I wore Zino to my very first job after college and it was the only fragrance I owned for my first year of work. I recall that I also only owned two suits back then and didn't care because I felt, dressed and smelled like I had success.

25 years on, and I own a dozen or more suits and fragrances, but a bottle of Zino has always been atop my wardrobe. Great value today at less than $25. Blind buy this and you'll be glad you did.
12th February, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)
JimmyP Show all reviews
I found this scent nauseating. Not a fan of patchouli/vanilla mix as I think it is quite disgusting. Overall, very dated fragrance and definitely not for everyone.
08th February, 2015
Thumb way up!

It's December as I write this, this is the type of weather, at least in the Northern Hemisphere, for this fragrance.

Go out and try it, dark and rich.

Goes well with that extra layer of clothing, good friends, nights out and enjoying their company!

You feel more mature and as if people take you a little more seriously with this great aroma around you.
06th December, 2014
Simply stunning. Pure bliss bottled. Smells like how it smells when you are making love to a beautiful woman.

Appropriate only for the most special of evenings.

Dark, smokey, animalic, leathery, boozy, vanillic, spicy, woody, creamy. This is it. Thank you Zino.
20th October, 2014 (last edited: 21st October, 2014)
Testing Zino Davidoff (which now I happily own among my scents) has been one of those moments that reminded me why I like perfumes and testing new things all the time, without prejudices. I did not know this fragrance to be honest, until I received a miniature. I quite enjoy Davidoff tobacco, but I did not really think Zino Davidoff (the scent) was worth any rush to test it... well however last night I applied some on my hand just for curiosity, and – wow! – the very first thing that came to my mind was: this smells *great*. It surprised me – like it happens to me really once in a while. To make things clear before talking about notes and comparisons, the most immediate, solid and sound quality of Zino Davidoff is that it smells terribly, irresistibly, undeniably good. Then, it's also a totally peculiar scent, it just imprints itself in your memory from the very fist sniff. The people which compare this to Dior Homme are right in my opinion: in fact, it somehow smells like an "uncle" of Dior Homme, a desaturated, more mature and somehow darker version of Dior's contemporary classic. Which in 1988 is quite avantgarde. Basically, Zino Davidoff is a rose-patchouli woody scent with an overall dusty sweetness, creamy notes of sandalwood and ylang, and "something" all around which smells halfway tobacco and soft modern leather (but it's neither of the two). Superb drydown, cozy and refined, worth the waiting and as much beautiful as the opening. Not a powerhouse despite the age, fairly different from more canonic fougères: actually it's quite more similar to early '90s brighter/sweeter masculine scents, but even more modern than those, and also "manlier" somehow. Warm, versatile, cozy and relaxed, masculine for sure but with a subtle feminine vein (like Ténéré by Rabanne, to which in fact, Zino Davidoff slightly resembles to some extents). Not intrusive or challenging, but as I said, it's quite unique, so better test it and familiarise with it before eventually purchasing it – not a predictable and safe crowdpleaser for sure. An underrated beauty!

30th July, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

Zino Davidoff starts out with a very bold lavender and citrus accord that recalls old-school standards like Bois du Portugal, The Third Man, and even Jicky (without the civet). Some sweet spices and woods join in over the next few minutes, followed quickly by a very rich and rounded rose note. Settling into its heart, Zino Davidoff becomes a sweetened rose and wood scent, seasoned with geranium and resting on an oriental base of vanilla and smooth sandalwood.

Zino Davidoff does not turn soapy as it dries down, as does Bois du Portugal, nor does it veer toward hyper-masculine leather in the manner of, say, Antaeus. It seems to me instead quite balanced - even classical - in its poised approach to the woody oriental genre. Granted, Zino Davidoff is potent, especially in its first few minutes, but it evolves into a versatile and wearable scent that's far less overwhelming than its oriental successors Opium, A*Men, Le Mâle, and Pi. These days Zino Davidoff is underused, under-rated, and deserving of a wider public.
09th July, 2014

Add your review of Zino Davidoff

Shop for Zino Davidoff products online

Shop for Zino Davidoff at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Zino Davidoff

Member images of Zino Davidoff

There are no member images of Zino Davidoff yet. Why not be the first?