Gold Man (1983)
    by Amouage

Gold Man Fragrance Notes

Gold Man information

As mystical as the land its from. Like dark Arabian nights this complex scent captures the moment with a sultry composition of Rock Rose and Civet to create a rich alluring aroma. Top notes of citrus add a sparkle to this otherwise mystical scent. [AN]

Shop for Gold Man products online

$259.28*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 155.00)

Reviews of Gold Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 75 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

What a diverse reaction! I've never seen reviews so evenly divided among the three ratings.

Because of its use of so many real oils as opposed to chemical equivalents, this has for me the effect of quality vintage perfume from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s.

The rose and the civet are prominent, but there are enough oriental resins (myrrh, frankincense) and animalic notes (ambergris, civet, musk) to secure the base. The cedar wood and sandalwood never overpower the floral/animalic, they simply float under it.

This for me is very unisex - woman CAN wear it, men MAY wear it. It is a "romantic floral" for men, as Turin named it, and its 4 stars are deserved.

A worthy partner for the original AMOUAGE GOLD. Too bad this range is entirely out of my budget arena.

17 March, 2014

del's avatar
    del

Gold Man, to my nose, is a combo of floral and strong talcum/baby powder scents, but heavier on the latter. Despite its name, it leans towards the feminine side. I give it a very weak neutral vote, but it earns an additional half-star due to its longevity and projection. If you like wearing "too powdery-", musky-type of scent, then go for it. One thing for sure: Gold Man by Amouage isn't for me, even if I want to be bold.

29 October, 2013

RichNTacoma's avatar
    RichNTacoma

Floral, to floral sour

This starts off floral and powdery. Its not bad, not what I think of as masculine, but not a bad scent. The problem is, on my skin, the floral goes from being slightly acidic to very sour after a few hours. It is not bad, but not what I would call enjoyable. This is a hint of rose soap that is not bad, but it does not last too long, and/or is the that sourness that is almost urine line. Not as bad as I am making it sound, but not a winner on my skin.

05 August, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

Floral woody, and powdery with a big dose of musk in here. I can detect the civet, which gives this a skankiness in a good way though (that's coming from someone who doesn't like civet). This one reminds me of an old school scent that was refined for todays scents. I think Amouage Gold Man could be worn by a woman also (even though they have a womens version). I also detect the myrrh, which may also give it that old school vibe. 9 + hours easy on my skin. 8 out of 10.

14 May, 2013 (Last Edited: 07 November, 2013)

Marais's avatar
    Marais

A faecal floral foghorn. I have tested this a few times, in different seasons and with varied doses, but I find even one spray obnoxious and unwearable. Glad I didn't blind-buy this one; mother has enough horrid perfumes already.

04 May, 2013

Awakening950's avatar
    Awakening950

This doesn't get enough love. I haven't tried the library scents yet but it's the best that I've tried from this company. The longevity is beastly.

04 May, 2013