Carlo Corinto Classic (1986)
by Carlo Corinto

Carlo Corinto Classic information

Year of Launch1986

HouseCarlo Corinto

About Carlo Corinto Classic

Carlo Corinto Classic is a masculine fragrance by Carlo Corinto. The scent was launched in 1986

Carlo Corinto Classic fragrance notes

Reviews of Carlo Corinto Classic

Classic spicy-woody cologne from Carlo Corinto. The pininess has elements of Pino Sylvestre's Pino in it, but CCC departs understandably into a typical 80's powerhouse men's scent that isn't gaudy. The cardamom plays its part to inject a slightly menthol spice, mixing well with lavender licorice-like freshness. Drydown into the basenotes include a warm amber-patchouli combo plus slightly animalic but tasteful leather-musk.

CCC is rich and alive, not forebodingly dark like Monogram by Ralph Lauren nor Giorgio Beverly Hills VIP, contemporary beast scents of that same era. Old-school but totally outdated.
19th August, 2018
I think Carlo Corinto Classic is a pretty interesting fragrance but it does strike me as a sequel to Krizia Uomo.It's the patchouli,carnation,and lavender these two share that have that familiar feel.Carlo Corinto is a bit different wielding some pine and leather in it that's covered in moss sticking to a more green and deeper earthy feel to it.The lavender in this does share it's floral side with the rich carnation,but I do think there's a smidgen of soap to it.This fragrance is very dark green with romantic touch but I wouldn't advise pushing it past 2 sprays.For one I think this performs really well on moderate projection for 8 hours then goes pretty low for another 4...detectable the next day though.Second reason is there's an anise note in this that filters through the moss that makes itself known in the 4-6 hour mark.It's pleasant and addds growl to Carlo Corinto Classic dark style.Overspray though and this will hit through dark and really bitter punches as the anise and moss tag team on your nose.

A very beautiful and masculine green fragrance...yet it's somewhat haunting.I would definitely recommend this to fans of Quorum or Krizia Uomo.
19th May, 2018 (last edited: 22nd May, 2018)
A disappointment for me. I was told it was a "Christmas tree in a bottle". Not ever close to my nose. I'll try it again sometime, but won't go out in public in it. I'll wear it at home and see if I can find something I like about it. I'm just disappointed in this frag right now.
18th April, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Much has been written about the dominant Christmas Tree note in this classic men's scent from the 80s. I definitely get a pine note--to me it is the épinette bleue/épicéa bleu note and it certainly evokes holiday greenery, but for me, it is not the lead note. Carlo Corinto starts with traditional notes of bergamot and lavender, moving on to pine and carnation with patchouli and musk underscoring the whole thing. To me, however, the dominant notes are leather, which runs throughout and a great whallup of oakmoss (I have a newer bottle and it has oakmoss--lots of oakmoss). It reminds me, in some ways, of a piney, leathery R de Capucci. Early on there is a hard candy note, also reminiscent of Christmas, but that is the only gourmand note. This is very classical in its construction; pure 80s but it is no powerhouse monster--perfectly office safe. I do not know who Carlo Corinto is/was--a designer of yesteryear who came and went? A made up brand to sell fragrance? A house so chic that it is too special for the likes of me? A French fragrance made for the Latin American market? I do not know, but I do know that Carlo Corinto Classic is a great addition to my collection, a great fall into winter scent that performs as well in warm weather as it does in the cold.
21st September, 2015
Swanky Show all reviews
I sprayed some of this (the original vintage formula) on a scent strip and got in my car. A lovely floral-spicy-patchouli scent kept beckoning from my console. Several hours later it still smelled great. I returned to the store for the bottle, the last one they had.

Sadly, I can't retain my original joy. On my skin it is way, way too demure. After about an hour I literally cannot smell it. For about 6 hours it's hiding until like a new puppy it sticks its head out a little to see what's going on.

I wish what I smelled on that strip was now on my skin because it was fantastically rich and inviting. What I get now, after the initial stage, is like a eunuchized L'Eau du Navigateur. L'EdN is a favorite of mine and I thought I had found a low-cost alternative. Instead, I have a zero-projection hologram.
28th April, 2012
Mysticman as well as shamu1 write fairly that this great 80's piney hit is not a rough and spicy traditional kind of aromatic fougere but a green-resinous  leathery chypre more similar to Basile Uomo (but less floral) or to the great Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui than to Trussardi Uomo or Azzaro Ph. In my opinion this minty-leathery smell sets in the middle between Paco Rabanne XS and the Classic Faconnable Pour Homme. The strength of the spices, lavender and citrus is not impressive, apart from the first twenty minutes when these notes take the scene to the real  protagonist of the juice, namely the resin of pine, while i smell a fluidy leathery-mossy fragrance with the distinctiveness of patchouli and some smoothness of an averagely creamy amber. The floral notes are astringent and not particularly sweet (geranium and carnation). I love each green and resinous fluid of leather, resins and herbs and this example is a very pleasant one. Unfortunately this kind of scents is no more fashionable nowadays and that is a pity.
07th October, 2011 (last edited: 15th June, 2012)

Add your review of Carlo Corinto Classic

Carlo Corinto Classic Pour Homme 100ml Eau de Toilette Vaporisateur pour lui CF

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 12:50:58 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $82.27
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

* Carlo Corinto Classic * Pour Homme 3.3/3.4 oz 100 ml Men EDT NEW in Sealed !

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 12:03:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic Deodorant Stick 2.5 Oz.

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 12:25:15 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $24.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic Body Shampoo 3.9 Oz.

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 13:40:00 PDT

CARLOS CORINTO CLASSIC 4 PCS GIFTSET 3.4 oz EDT + 4.8 A/F BALM + 5.2 oz SAVON

End Date: Sunday Mar-31-2019 14:23:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $79.77
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray for Men (New In Box)

End Date: Sunday Mar-31-2019 16:05:27 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $32.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic by Carlo Corinto 3.3oz/100ml Eau de Toilette Spray for Men

End Date: Tuesday Apr-2-2019 12:18:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $61.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray for Men (New In Box)

End Date: Saturday Apr-6-2019 12:27:28 PDT

CARLO CORINTO CLASSIC 4 PCS GIFT SET 3.3 oz / 100 ml EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY MEN

End Date: Friday Apr-12-2019 12:12:44 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $79.77
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Carlo Corinto Classic After Shave Balm 3.9 Oz.

End Date: Saturday Apr-13-2019 11:26:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Member images of Carlo Corinto Classic

There are no member images of Carlo Corinto Classic yet. Why not be the first?