1776 Russian Leather
by Elsha

1776 Russian Leather information

HouseElsha

About 1776 Russian Leather

1776 Russian Leather is a masculine fragrance by Elsha.

Reviews of 1776 Russian Leather

Regardless if this cologne touts itself as the former creation known as Russian Leather?...there's no leather in Elsha's 1776 cologne.On the bright side this scent projects very well...and it does last.It's so potent that I scrubbed my hands twice and still couldn't get the scent off.

Scent wise I just didn't like it...and I generally like the classic scents.I get a semi sassafras or birch/root beer kind of sweetness from this.More of a sawdust character than a hunk of wood in this stuff. but I also get a stale kind of rubber band note from the 'wood' that surfaces through.Hours later it becomes really powdery and cloyingly root beer sweet.It does smell old-school and not to the likes of some fizzy aquatic or grapefruit ridden gym scent...it is masculine.I had no hesitation in pouring Elsha's 1776 down the toilet.
12th January, 2017
A truly wonderful scent, very embracing when first splashing it on. This is one of my standby fragrances. It is a very comfortable & friendly leather Cologne that opens with a cinnamon and birch top that stays along even after the dry down. The fragrance has pleasant, warm and ambery, the birch remains & mixes with leathery earthy musk. Always light for a leather & smooth, I recommend it to anyone looking for something different. Very reasonably priced & a long standing tradition make this a perfect scent. Would the younger crowd be engaged with it, probably not as it is a bit dated, but anyone over 35+ don't over-look this one...
02nd May, 2015
I have Pinaud Bay Rum and Ogallala Bay Rum. Also, Knize ten, some other leather types. I get no leather from this one. It's all Bay Rum. I like bay rum, but I'm not keen on false advertising. It's a subdued Bay Rum. Very close to the skin, not overpowering and lasts a long time. It's good quality, just can't see why its considered a leather.
03rd July, 2014
Not Russian Leather, really

This is not Russian Leather, no way, no siree Bob.

It is a barbershop scent, oozing masculinity and testosterone galore, but there are better barbershop scents than this.

I get mainly spices (cloves and cinnamon) and woods (but not birch), and if there is any leather, is way, way in the back, and I really had to try harder, and even then, I am not sure that is leather what I get.

I am planning to layer this scent with Pinaud Special Reserve, which is leather, only leather and nothing else but leather. So maybe out of two regular scents I get a great one.

Barely 3 stars because after all, is not a bad scent for the price.

Pros: Price, masculine
Cons: Weak

27th May, 2013
numcks Show all reviews
I went ahead and sprung for the 1776 from the Elsha.com site. Tried it today and was frankly disappointed. It's much more of a dilute, drugstore quality clove heavy spicy scent with a passable but very conventional woody/amber/musk dry down than a "Russian leather." Is there leather? Not much that I could pick up. Is there birch tar? Not nearly as much as I expected or hoped for, and it's certainly in the back seat with the clove oil/cinnamon driving. The reason I give a neutral rather than a thumbs down is that it's a perfectly passable fragrance, especially at the price point. It reminds me a bit of Jovan Sex Appeal. Just not what I was expecting or hoping for.

05th May, 2013
Ambery / Leather prominent.

As aptly noted in another review… in a word, SUAVE. I give it 5 stars and will always have this one.

Rather than the Knize 10 associations which I find to be an enjoyable petrol blast, I find this one looking in the direction of Le Labo’s Patchouli 24 in terms of a smokey meat quality. In 1776 that note is subtle, smooth, but faint compared to the Le Labo.

I'm 50, for reference. Wear it when you like. It is not overbearing but by no means a slouch. I find the scent plume coming up during the next morning’s shower with this one rather telling of its longevity and worth noting. Very economical – Recent upcoming Father’s Day special from the elsha.com site has it available for around $4/oz, sans delivery. Fin 6/2/12
02nd June, 2012

Add your review of 1776 Russian Leather

Shop for 1776 Russian Leather products online

Search Amazon for 1776 Russian Leather

Member images of 1776 Russian Leather

There are no member images of 1776 Russian Leather yet. Why not be the first?