Altitude (2001)

Altitude information

Year of Launch2001

HouseSwiss Army

About Altitude

Designed to evoke the powerful feeling of being high on a Swiss mountain top. (That's high as in height rather than 'Afroman' style)
The scent is fresh like the mountain air with notes of "Ice Juniper" and "Altitude Lifescent".
The packaging looks like a flask or an oxygen tank and is matte black in colour.

Altitude fragrance notes

Reviews of Altitude

I've had a 20% full bottle kicking around since long before I recently got into frags. I dimly recall that it must have been something I snagged from a buddy who was moving, along with half a bottle of apple cider vinegar, leftover spices, partial bags of pasta, and other treasures from the giveaway box.

I've not really worn it in the years since, only using it to occasionally spritz my closet. It never really smelled good to me, but I did not have a way to articulate or evaluate that. I never had anything to compare it to until getting into frags as a hobby several months ago.

Now that I have a bit more of a nose, I can say that this is a dud. Smells to me very much like the $1.99 Suave For Men Active Sport body wash I kept in the shower at my old job, drying down to a more sophisticated Irish Spring note over time. I've literally spent more than 1000 nights of my life in the wilderness and summitted several dozen peaks, and this does not evoke any of that for me.

On the plus side, it does project, and the bottle is pretty cool.
09th April, 2015
boring and weak

uneventful and boring...expected better and smells like so many others.

09th September, 2013
BradW Show all reviews
Another fine fragrance by Swiss Army. I really like the bottle for this one as well. Quite different from the original Swiss Army frag, so this is great to have if you already own Swiss Army. To my nose, it smells quite like Kenneth Cole Black. A nice outdoorsy type frag that smells quite good!
12th May, 2010
This is one of the nicest fragrances I've come across, and I've been wearing it since it came out. It starts off fresh and peppery, and slowly becomes softer and sweeter. After it softens, it is one of the most comforting fragrances on the market. It comes out of the bottle fairly strong, and it's easy to over-apply it. One spray is enough.
06th May, 2010
I own this cologne, but most of the time I reach for it, I am looking for something to put on with sweat pants and a t-shirt. There is a very artificial evergreen smell that isn't unpleasant, but not something to be proud of either. It has a nice sillage, but close to the skin, the chemicals burn at my nose.
I much prefer the original Swiss Army.
14th February, 2010
Tony T Show all reviews
floral and fresh. the original is better but this has a more flowery appeal. a very good (cheap scent). if you don't want to break the bank on geir or kiton this is worth a shot!!
19th October, 2009

Add your review of Altitude

Shop for Altitude products online

Shop for Altitude at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Altitude

Member images of Altitude

There are no member images of Altitude yet. Why not be the first?