154 (2001)

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About 154

154 is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

154 fragrance notes

Reviews of 154

Reminds me faintly of Houbigant Fougere Royale, with the operative word being "faint". 154 seems to be made mostly of water, with a little alcohol and a hidden touch of actual fragrance. Smells nice for about 5 minutes. Jo Malone needs to rethink their formulations. Their fragrances smell nice but the sillage and longevity is the absolute worst of any line I'm familiar with. I wouldn't dream of paying $120 for this. I've never panned a fragrance just on performance, but 154 doesn't deserve any better than a Thumbs Down.
27th May, 2018
Stardate 20180521:

154 is named after Jo Malone's London store. It is supposed to capture the "headspace" of the shop. Diptyque did something similar with their 34.
I like this one as it captures the best Malone has to offer. The Lime Basil Mandarin is one of the dominant smell in this composition followed by Nutmeg Ginger.
Base is woodsy and oriental.

The only offering in EDP concentration.
Recommended.
21st May, 2018
MNX Show all reviews
Jo Malone's fragrances doesn't do it for me. I've tried a few in the past but the fragrance neither lasts or remains stable. The notes are too predictable. The fragrances contain basically 2-3 notes. It's something anyone can blend. After about six months the fragrance loses its scent and smell chemical (poor fixatives).
18th May, 2018
154 covers all the bases of a complete warm weather fragrance. Fruity, spicy and woody. Slight citrus up top with very delicate and sensual spices. I get this accord for up to 3 hrs that's followed by a woody Vetiver accord that lasts another 2 hrs. Overall I give this a thumbs up. Good longevity, solid projection and an overall pleasant fragrance. This can be worn by both sexes young and old. It's light and airy which makes it good for summer but its also spicy enough for spring and fall. I recommend this for casual settings or maybe a date (not a first date, more like date night with your significant other)
16th April, 2014
My main scent

I love this scent, I wear it winter or summer. I am surprised and amused by some of the reviews about it, makes you realise how subjective everything really is. Since my pregnancy 3 years ago I am super sensitive to smells, I used to wear Pom Noir but now it makes me feel sick. It took hours of testing in the Jo Mallone shop before I was confident that this one did not make me feel sick or give me a headache but in fact made me feel calm and confident in an aromatherapy fashion. I can't stand fruity or floral... I say it's great!

25th July, 2013
It amazes me how, to my nose, this scent is all about cedar and pine. I know neither are in the note pyramid, which goes to show how subjective the sense of smell is. If you're out for a coniferous scent, it would serve you well to try this one. 154 is pretty linear, like most Jo Malones, but definitely worth a try, at least for layering.
05th May, 2013

Add your review of 154

Shop for 154 products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of 154

There are no member images of 154 yet. Why not be the first?