154 (2001)

HouseJo Malone
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About 154

154 is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

154 fragrance notes

Reviews of 154

154 covers all the bases of a complete warm weather fragrance. Fruity, spicy and woody. Slight citrus up top with very delicate and sensual spices. I get this accord for up to 3 hrs that's followed by a woody Vetiver accord that lasts another 2 hrs. Overall I give this a thumbs up. Good longevity, solid projection and an overall pleasant fragrance. This can be worn by both sexes young and old. It's light and airy which makes it good for summer but its also spicy enough for spring and fall. I recommend this for casual settings or maybe a date (not a first date, more like date night with your significant other)
16th April, 2014
My main scent

I love this scent, I wear it winter or summer. I am surprised and amused by some of the reviews about it, makes you realise how subjective everything really is. Since my pregnancy 3 years ago I am super sensitive to smells, I used to wear Pom Noir but now it makes me feel sick. It took hours of testing in the Jo Mallone shop before I was confident that this one did not make me feel sick or give me a headache but in fact made me feel calm and confident in an aromatherapy fashion. I can't stand fruity or floral... I say it's great!

25th July, 2013
It amazes me how, to my nose, this scent is all about cedar and pine. I know neither are in the note pyramid, which goes to show how subjective the sense of smell is. If you're out for a coniferous scent, it would serve you well to try this one. 154 is pretty linear, like most Jo Malones, but definitely worth a try, at least for layering.
05th May, 2013
Very different to many Jo Malone's. You done get slapped round the face by fresh fruit. What you do get is a little more restrained and grown up. It is however gone in almost no time at all and closely resembles Guy Laroche' Horizon, which is better, lasts all day and can be picked up on ebay for a fiver. Pass on this one. Get that one instead.
03rd April, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
An orangey-citrus note with mild bergamot opens this one, and after about half an hour the drydown with a touch if herbs and vanilla sets it, yet is dominated by a gentle, fairly clean and restrained vetiver note. All in all this makes a scent that is not sweet, balanced and one of the more interesting Jo Malones. Not very impressive, but a nice and not too complicated product. Longevity on me is about three hours, which on my skin is not bad.
05th January, 2013
I've tried this many times. Each time, it develops a slightly sour-tangy note which I find unpleasant. Perhaps it is the patchouli. Some have talked of a metallic note, and I see that. Others mention leather, and while it is not strong on me, I can detect it.
Just doesn't work for me. It is not a horrible scent, it might suit others.
05th August, 2012

Add your review of 154

Shop for 154 products online

Search Amazon for 154

Member images of 154

There are no member images of 154 yet. Why not be the first?