Lalique pour Homme Blue / Faune (2000)
    by Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Blue / Faune Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Lalique pour Homme Blue / Faune

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

The juice is slightly blue, as befits an aquatic scent. I find this to be simple stuff: crisp, fresh, blue-aquatic. It starts slightly sweet and gets bigger and sweeter. There is a bit of wood and spice in the dry-down, but nothing particularly noteworthy. In my opinion, this smells a bit cheap and loud.

12 February, 2010

Surfacing's avatar
    Surfacing

Lalique le Faune

EDT:

I like the citrus opening in Faune, not sharp or harsh at all. I do find the smell of Faune to be comfortable, sensual and highly wearable. It is a soft oriental and one that I can wear in summer months. But still good for cooler months as well and perhaps more appropriate. After the top notes of citrus have settled down, Faune becomes a sweet amber fragrance with a prominent licorice/anise note after 30 minutes and stays as such for the next 4 hours or so. After that, it seems to reach is powdery base

The downside to Faune is that it does not last very well (in cold temperatures). I would imagine one would need to over apply (5 sprays at least rather than 3) for a decent wearing of close to 5 hours.

I can only partly see the similarities to Allure Homme. Faune has a better citrus at the top and has the anise/licorice play a staring role in the heart notes. Allure Homme does not have anise and also has a milkier feel to it. Faune is also powdery in the base. The two really don’t smell alike when compared directly, but perhaps have similar structures and are of the same genre,

EDP:

The EDP smells more or less the same as the EDT. There is nothing here that comes across as intense even though it is an eau de parfum concentration. When I wore the EDP as a SotD, it seemed somewhat linear. The top notes quickly settled (much more quickly than the EDT) into the dry down within a few minutes. The accord in the EDT is different in the dry down because there is this clean note that just stands out more that the EDP. Even when I give a heavy application of the EDP with 5 sprays, it still seems light. I think it may even be more short lived that the EDT ! The EDP seems to be a bit thicker than the EDT in the dry down/heart, but I really prefer the EDT. The EDT you can make out the notes and the EDP it is all one blur. The EDT is not linear also, which helps its case and lingers on the skin longer.

The bottom line is, if you are satisfied with Faunes wear/longevity, then go for a bottle. It seems to be harder to find now days and is likely out of production. The flacon by the way is very presentable. It looks and feels like a luxurious fragrance . But flacon aside, I am going neutral on Faune

26 June, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Yup, Allure Homme was the first thing I though of along with the other reviewers. Allure lasts longer and has a more ppery note. If you did not like Allure this might be a better alternative. I find this lacking in fullness and overall feeling. A woodsy, amber and spicy drydown is Faune... but Allure has a great tonka bean accord that makes Allure better in my book.

06 June, 2009

wildscentangel's avatar
    wildscentangel

I really wanted to like this one but on my skin turns to be very sweet and the reglisse note overpowers all the others...I'm giving a neutral rating because it wears close to th skin and excellent staying power...

20th February, 2009

Jon_Remy's avatar
    Jon_Remy

This is a nice fragrance, perhaps similar to Allure (I like Allure better), but think it smells more like Azzaro's Pure Lavender from The Azzaro Collection. I still don't know why they called it "Pure Lavender." I smell no lavender whatsoever. Maybe they were referring to the color of the juice. Anyway Lalique Faune smells almost exactly like Azzaro Pure Lavender, period.

01st May, 2007

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

It's 80% Allure and 20% Blu Notte. The Equus is MUCH MUCH better.

12 October, 2006