Newport (new) (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseCaswell-Massey
Parent CompanyThe Equitium Group

About Newport (new)

Newport (new) is a masculine fragrance by Caswell-Massey. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Newport (new)

Whoever substituted this stinkwater for the original Newport should be fired! I once requested CM to make several 8 ounce bottles of the original formula Newport and their reply was "its not possible" Fortunately, I bought up a fairly large supply of the original while it was still available. I will buy more if and when I can find some. But the "new" Newport is a scrubber! If I could give it more than one thumbs down I would.
28th December, 2014
I'm afraid I just don't think this is very good. It's got citrus on top, but hidden in a weird haze of metallic lavender. It quickly dries down to a weird leathery green smell that I think may be violet leaf, but the star of the show is always that weird chemical haze. This chemical weirdness seems to have been a big trend in early-2000's masculine scents, so Newport ends up smelling an awful lot like just about any non-notable release from Hugo Boss or Kenneth Cole or designers of that ilk. But it's a "cologne water", so it's much much weaker than the mall junk it copies. I really can't see why it would be worth the bother.
02nd April, 2013
Nothing new. The usual marine and ozone notes, with a hint of ambra and musk, you can find in a lot of cheap fragrances. You can choose a lot of better things.
14th October, 2012
This really is New England seaside in a bottle without the smell of dead fish. I originally thought that this would be just another generic modern aquatic, however there is far more lemon and bergamot than sea water to this.

There is some amber and green stuff that develops after about thirty minutes and the lemons gradually fade during the four hour life of this frag. Overall I really enjoy Newport and wear it a few times a week when the weather is over 70 degrees.
10th September, 2012
A generic, synthetic smelling aquatic with barbershop elements. It smells nice, but not terribly natural or interesting, which is disappointing given Caswell-Massey's long history. Inoffensive. CM makes a Newport scented talc that is rather nicer than the cologne.
10th October, 2010
As a disclaimer, let me say that I've never tried the original Newport, so in no way am I writing this out of anger at reformulation...it sounds like it must have been pretty different! The new Newport smells like every free sample vial I've ever gotten from every e-tailer in my life...i.e. Exceptional Because You Are, Perry Ellis America, those types of things. A fresh citrus aquatic at first that goes greener and muskier for a while, then dries down spicy and woody. Cheap-smelling at all stages, and feeling to me like it's trying to cover all the categories in one blend and failing miserably. Longevity is medium-short, though it's not actually that weak while it's still going. It's very hard for me to remember more details about how it smells because it changes so much, and all the stages are generic.
22nd August, 2009

Add your review of Newport (new)

Shop for Newport (new) products online

Search Amazon for Newport (new)

Member images of Newport (new)

There are no member images of Newport (new) yet. Why not be the first?