Fathom (1990)
by Dana (originally by MEM Company)

Fathom information

Year of Launch1990

Originally byMEM Company
Parent CompanyPatriarch Partners > Dana Classics

About Fathom

Fathom is a masculine fragrance by Dana. The scent was launched in 1990

Reviews of Fathom

Nice work.
Another cool-water derivative, but less citric, more lavender and woods.
A clean and fresh scent, uncomplicated but basically gets the job done. :)
05th June, 2015
man114 Show all reviews
I remember when I was in elementary school someone got me some colognes for my birthday in little sample bottles, one of which was Fathom. Fast forward to about last year, I was looking through a box of my old colognes and there is the little bottle. Rather than use the little bottle, being somewhat sentimental as I am, what do I do? I go and buy a closeout lot of 5 3.4oz bottles, possibly because it was so cheap. So I ended up stuck with a huge supply. I usually wear this cologne to work and have been doing so for the better part of the past year in rotation with English Blazer and Minotaure. I've used up about one bottle, so obviously I've been wearing it more often than not, however in all likelyhood I'll ease up on using it as often when I get about halfway through the supply because it will become increasingly hard to find. Its fairly benign and pleasant but nothing to draw attention to itself either it doesn't seem overly strong. To my nose it smells soapy, clean and fresh up front with hints of lemon and a tad of tobacco underneath. It lasts a fairly long time. At some point in the middle it sort of blends into nothing you don't even notice it unless you're looking for it, only to return with a rather subdued spicy scent later in the day with a tad of powder (which is I guess why I've been wearing it to work, go in smelling clean, go home smelling good). I've never received a complement nor a complaint about it. If you like clean fragrances you'd probably enjoy it.

I found by applying a more than usual amount, the tobacco note becomes more prominent almost like Guerlain's Vetiver. I think its fairly well executed and while not overly complex its not bad. It gives the fresh vibe without falling into the typical fresh pitfalls. Despite being discontinued it is more than readily available.
23rd December, 2009 (last edited: 10th May, 2011)

Add your review of Fathom

Shop for Fathom products online

Shop for Fathom at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fathom

Member images of Fathom

There are no member images of Fathom yet. Why not be the first?