Average Rating: 4

Based on 10 ratings

Cuba information

Cuba is a unisex fragrance by Santa Maria Novella.

Reviews of Cuba

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Amos Jolthead's avatar

Initially smelled like someone had sprayed me with some weird mixture of Red Hots and Fart Spray that people used to sell at my hometown festival. This was one fragrance that took me almost the whole sample to actually appreciate. I have to 'get used' to spicy fragrances, but I ended up liking this well. Spicy, tobacco scent. Very good longevity.

12 May, 2012

I am totally smitten by this tobacco scent—the first tobacco scent I can say that about. There’s a little – very little – citrus / spice something in the opening accord, but it quickly settles down to it main tobacco message. At first sniff, I thought that there’s not much complexity to this scent, but I found it’s more complex than I originally thought. The tobacco note has a slight aromatic aspect to it – something like a hint of a sharp lavender outlining the tobacco note. That aromatic note, with the leather note which supports the tobacco, is what makes this accord so special – it a surrealistic tobacco accord that I find compelling. The leather is very well done. Normally I would object to the presence of some leather, but the way the leather is presented here, I really enjoy it. The fragrance is linear, but it is so rich and fulfilling that the absence of movement benefits rather than detracts. Linear and very long lasting — SMN’s Acqua di Cuba lasts on my skin for over twenty-four hours. Very impressive fragrance and a must for a tobacco lover.

22 October, 2011

supermarky's avatar

the woman at the store told me this is not a big seller but the people who love it are really crazy about it.

it's sweet I don't even really get tobacco or leather, its more like nectar than honey. I think it is quite nice.

29 September, 2006

caboose's avatar

I had the pleasure of sampling almost every Santa Maria Novella fragrance yesterday but before I got their, I had in mind three to really concentrate on. They all were very nice and for me require more time in research to decide. I chose the Acqua di Cuba which was one of the three I had been researching.
    The bottle I noticed first being very clean with soft lines in sculpture with the olde world lable as finishing touchÈ and the liquid is a pale champagne colour.
    Being a pipe & cigar smoker I was very curious what was in store. Well I was not disappointed.
    The tobacco and leather work very well together as if they were very olde friends chatting over subjects of a by gone past. Being both secure in who they are they do not tend to overpower each other but compliment each other from the head to the heart. As the conversation moved to the base notes the leather continues and the tobacco adding a comment here and their.
    Acqua di Cuba to me is an outstand fragrance but I think it will appeal more to the 40 and over crowd of ladies and gentleman.
    It lasted a very long time on my dryer skin so apply accordingly.
    Excellent!
    Caboose/2005

14 January, 2005

John.com's avatar

Another truley captivating creation from SMN. It's my observation from those I've tried, that this line has a similar dark, brooding, gothic aura about them. Coming out of a monastery I suppose that shouldn't be a real shocker. Well, Acqua di Cuba has this medieval mood with an underlying tobacco accord. As you can guess it is amazing. I want.

01st December, 2002

opalsdad's avatar

One of the more aggressive scents in the line, it combines both tobacco and leather to give a very full-bodied and rich odour. It is similar to the Peau d'Espagne but much sweeter. This would be an ideal scent for a date or for a party; I think it might be a bit too much for the office.

30th October, 2002

Add your review of Cuba

Search for on eBay United States

Santa Maria S M SM Novella ACQUA DI CUBA PERFUME 3 ML COLOGNE LEATHER TOBACCO
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 28 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Acqua di Cuba Eau de Cologne -- Santa Maria Novella
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 19 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)