Eau de Vetyver (2001)

Eau de Vetyver information

Year of Launch2001

HouseL'Occitane

About Eau de Vetyver

Eau de Vetyver is a masculine fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2001

Eau de Vetyver fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Vetyver

One of the best vetiver fragrances that I have smelt. I wasn't impressed by L'Occitane's other fragrances, but this one is a winner. Sadly, it has been discontinued but a must-have for fans of vetiver. It is extremely good value for money at about 35 per 100ml. Longevity is not extremely long due to the natural ingredients that are used.
11th June, 2017
A very nice Vetiver. I smell nutmeg and woods in the opening. The one thing I'm not totally crazy about with this one is the scent of Cashmeran, or Cashmere Woods as they're called, which is a synthetic woodnote. This is a good vetiver frag however and I would recommend anyone who likes vetiver fragrances to give it a try. After having tried this one and Guerlain's Vetiver, I have to say that I prefer the Guerlain product to this one. But, this one is still good.
22nd February, 2017
Eau de Vetyver is in the fragrance family of mossy woods and floral orientals. I'd call this "a poor man's Creed Original Vetiver", because Eau de Vetyver is a low-cost dead-ringer to that one!

A classy, rich, smooth, warm masculine scent that explores the more mossy, oriental side of vetiver.
EdV starts out with a bold, lush envelopment of citrus, spices, woods and moss. Like a fizzed up soda that eases down and settles, the opening onslaught soon makes way to a solid vetiver greenness that is heavily accented by the spiciness of nutmeg and (unlisted perceived notes) of cinnamon and cumin, with a whiff of amber. The result is a stable sweet quality that doesn't change for the remainder of the wear cycle.

EdV has an aromatic vibe that smells a LOT like Creed's Original Vetiver, as well as a more mature & toned-down version of Gucci Envy and a slight bit like Chanel pour Monsieur in its animalic touch.

Overall, a well-crafted, rich experience that is a very nice take on vetiver fragrances, smelling less experimental and more accessible than one would expect from L'Occitane. Not for everyone I'm sure, but HIGHLY recommended to check out.
21st January, 2017
I went into the store where, the day before, I had called and asked them to set aside a bottle for me(I heard it was discontinued...?). When I got to the store, it looked like they still had quite a few in stock because several bottles were on their shelves. The girl offered to test it on a strip of paper but I said I want to try it on the back of my hand to see how it would dry down.

Well, minutes later, I never got the vetiver scent everybody's talking about. Instead, it became an outright woody scent--woody as in walking into a lumber store! Maybe it's my skin chemistry so I decided it wasn't for me but since I was there and didn't want to appear a total @$$, I decided to try others I might buy. I tried the Eau de Cade(meh!), the Eau des Baux(??),and the L'Occitan which promptly disappeared from my skin. So I settled for Eau de Cedrat and from my initial spray, I quite liked it and it's the one I bought, a fitting summer scent.

I'm disappointed in how the Vetyver acted on my skin because I so wanted to like it. Hours after I got home, I could still smell the wood until I took a shower that evening. At least you can say something about its longevity!
02nd August, 2016
One of the best nutmeg in perfumes which I have tried. Pleasantly warm mild vetyver and what is important its not sickly sweet or on citrusy side of vetiver frags spectrum.
22nd January, 2016
One of the brightest, cleanest vetivers available, especially in the opening with the lemon, bergamot and rosemary. Other reviews describe it as uplifting and I would agree that this has a high degree of refreshing quality to it. The woods, nutmeg and leather round the vetiver root and keep it very airy and opposite of the dirty, earthy or rooty quality. Not an old school or barbershop scent at all. I get good longevity of 8 hrs, but silage is slightly below average. Great fragrance at a good price. Huge Thumbs Up.
01st October, 2015

L'Occitane VETYVER Eau de Toilette for Men 100 ML/3.4 FL. OZ. Discontinued NIB

End Date: Wednesday Jan-2-2019 14:24:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $164.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'Occitane Eau De Vetyver Pour Homme EDT 3.4 oz/ 100 ml. Used (≈95% ful). No box

End Date: Monday Jan-7-2019 8:26:15 PST
Buy It Now for only: $112.50

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Buy It Now for only: $19.99

Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Member images of Eau de Vetyver

There are no member images of Eau de Vetyver yet. Why not be the first?