English Leather Musk (1972)
by Dana (originally by MEM Company)

English Leather Musk information

Year of Launch1972

Originally byMEM Company
Parent CompanyPatriarch Partners > Dana Classics

About English Leather Musk

English Leather Musk is a masculine fragrance by Dana. The scent was launched in 1972

Reviews of English Leather Musk

man114 Show all reviews
Musk and powder (and quite heavy on the powder). Wore it last week. Lasts long enough but smells cheap and reminds me of a barbershop type fragrance. By lasts long enough it lasts longer than English Leather for me which is about a 25 minute ride into nothing. I could smell it hours later. Very little progression, smells virtually identical from the moment you put it on until you can't smell it anymore. Don't expect anything special here.
24th March, 2011
Knowing it's sold at EdC concentration, I'm not disappointed in English Leather Musk's longevity or projection. What I do get is a warm leather that soon enough gives way to a warm, somewhat sweet and balsamic scent that I assume is the referenced "musk". If you do find some (I scored a 1/2-oz. bottle for $1 on a closeout,) it's worth buying as a casual scent for home or office.
20th December, 2009
I hardly smell this one at all right after I put it on. As it dries down, it develops into a sweet, stale, musky talcum powder, that makes me smell like a well-groomed but stuffy old lady. Fortunately it's not very strong, so I don't get people asking me if I've been getting intimate with Mrs. Doubtfire, but it just smells horribly out of place to me. I haven't smelled many other 70s and 80s "musk" scents, but I'd certainly hope that others are better and more masculine like Monsieur Musk. I'm glad they discontinued it...I can't imagine what man would be taken seriously wearing it.
13th May, 2009
A wonderful musk - subtle, sweet and spicy. I've kept the same bottle in my glovebox for years as my on-the-go emergency frag. perfect to splash on and refresh yourself after a long drive.
24th October, 2008
moondeva Show all reviews
Light subtle, soft 'skin scent' musk that is surprisingly unisex and sexy. I expected it to be more heavy and cloying but this appears to be another warm weather fragrance. I find it a bit 'airy and elusive' at the moment, again probably because of the cold weather, but think it is very similar to and will work well layered with my favourite musk perfume oil - TBS Mostly Musk.
18th January, 2006

Add your review of English Leather Musk

Shop for English Leather Musk products online

Search Amazon for English Leather Musk

Member images of English Leather Musk

There are no member images of English Leather Musk yet. Why not be the first?